WTB 2 place enclosed rear ramp trailer 12 ft

cookster

Really leaf! That thing looks like a box on wheels! Must eat up the fuel Like crazy pulling it thru the wind!

Yes I agree it does look like a box on wheels from the angle of the picture. It would look better if you could see the V nose section.  The V nose cuts down the wind resistance and gas consumption. The advantage of having 6' interior height is you can stand up inside and walk around. It's a great "multi purpose" trailer and not just a snowmobile trailer.  

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how cold was it that day?

This cold

post-19812-0-72932600-1385902300_thumb.jpg

May or may not be a concern for you. Small points but to some they can be quite convenient or a pain in the butt. I notice the man door is on the left side. If you pull off to the side of the road and want to get into the trailer you are opening the door onto the traffic side. Mine is on the curb side (right). I also have a gas door on the left. I have pulled up at the gas station to fill the truck and the sleds. The truck gas cap is on the left and the trailer has a fuel door on the left so I don't have to mess around with pulling into the pumps on two different sides.

I agree with 02sled. A man door located on the traffic side can be dangerous and having a gas door on both sides is more convenient when filling up.  The only down side to a man door on the curb side is when you pull up beside a big snow bank.  I guess the best solution is to have 2 gas doors, one on each side and 2 man doors, one on each side.  :right_on:

When I ordered mine, I got the man door on the road side as well.  I find that there are very few times that I need to access the trailer when I am on the road and would prefer not climbing over the snowbank to get there.

Is it more dangerous?  Probably, but I would have likely just climbed out of the truck on that same side.  Personal preference, I guess.

When I ordered mine, I got the man door on the road side as well.  I find that there are very few times that I need to access the trailer when I am on the road and would prefer not climbing over the snowbank to get there.

Is it more dangerous?  Probably, but I would have likely just climbed out of the truck on that same side.  Personal preference, I guess.

I seen you and snow banks, a couple of times, not pretty.

figure, man door= fuel door  have triton v nose now ,man door right side = pain for slush and snow banks when pulled off to side of road "rare but may happen" heck anything with being in trailer on side of road = bad news.  door on mission is hinged proper way for sneek peek same as i do for when looking in mirror of truck before getting out of drivers side.  i do not mind the 5'4" height as it is only 12' long and only have to walk 6' or so to exit, now my 20' yes a must to have 6' plus, as to far to be crouch down as you are loading stuff in the v-nose also i guess i could lower front ramp but never do to load gear etc.  and as for the wind my v is horizontal not verticle and my truck has a cap also. could see a flat front trailer being bad. have pulled friends mission before seemed to pull great. but so does my v-nose. fuel ? can not say as mission was always cheaper on fuel. but 2 place vs 4 place no compairison. guess time will tell, if i do not like enclosed trailers sell well.

I seen you and snow banks, a couple of times, not pretty.

lol

I'm selling my 2005 Rance aluminum enclosed double snowmobile trailer. 12' long plus V nose. Rear ramp and front ramp.  6' height inside, 8' wide.  2 brand new torsion axles with brakes on one axle (3000lbs axles) . 2 new tires and rims. 2 newish rims and tires. Side man door. Interior lights. Colour is grey. The price is $4900 firm.  Located in Stouffville.

I reduced the price to $4800 on Kijiji. I just want to post that price on here so they are the same.

Great trailer. Pulls like a dream.

IMG_0115.JPG

thats the trailer am looking for but in black,,, looks like a good deal.

Paint is cheap! :-)

Paint is cheap! :-)

Tell that to your insurance company! Lameo!

Tell that to your insurance company! Lameo!

Why would they care?

IMG_0115.JPG

I can honestly say I love this trailer. I was planning on keeping it for many years.  I spent over $2000 this year upgrading the axles and adding electric brakes.  All the work was done by ? and ? trailers in scarborough.  He quoted me $1500 to do the work and then added another $1000 to the bill when i picked it up. (to say I wasn't happy would be an understatement). The only reason I'm selling it is because I want to be able to use it for my business and pleasure.  It's not suitable for my business needs.  

IMG_0115.JPG

If you plan on storing your sleds in the trailer in the summer months, a black trailer can get quite hot inside. Not sure if this has any affect on the storage of the sleds gas etc?

If you plan on storing your sleds in the trailer in the summer months, a black trailer can get quite hot inside. Not sure if this has any affect on the storage of the sleds gas etc?

A black one shows the scratches and stone chips really easily too! It is super hot in the summer, even with the vent open!

A black one shows the scratches and stone chips really easily too! It is super hot in the summer, even with the vent open!

Black is actually more visible going down the road in winter though when the snow is blowing. There are trade offs either way.

Black is actually more visible going down the road in winter though when the snow is blowing. There are trade offs either way.

True! But white or gray is more visble at night if you have lost your lights (or trailer :blush: :blush: )

You are right that there are trade offs either way.  When I ordered my new trailer, I wanted to get white, but Paul at Alumite convinced me that the aluminum trim will cause black marks from oxidation and suggested either gray or black instead.

True! But white or gray is more visble at night if you have lost your lights (or trailer :blush: :blush: )

You are right that there are trade offs either way.  When I ordered my new trailer, I wanted to get white, but Paul at Alumite convinced me that the aluminum trim will cause black marks from oxidation and suggested either gray or black instead.

Any comments on oxidation or other marks on a black trailer? I think grey will be my choice of colour.

Any comments on oxidation or other marks on a black trailer? I think grey will be my choice of colour.

I have had black aluminum (lightning) for three years, no issue with oxidation. Only steel I have is the mating assembly between trailer and axles. This area is a common problem on some models and makes. I have towed it about 10,000kms and no issue's so far. I always wash it when the weather warms up. I have a bunch of snow chips on the front nose along with an ugly hand dent (fell inside of trailer and ended up pushing on the inside wall) I guess aluminum dents easier then steel.

still looking 4 a trailer I was thinking about selling this trailer

post-20203-0-16585000-1386874224_thumb.jpg

bought a new  trailer, all good now :)  but thanks for the reply.

okay... so what did you buy....

the one that a have a link to a few posts back .   just a plain old mission no bells or whistles. 

Slices through the wind VR700. BTW who owns that hot looking Apex? 

I reduced the price to $4700 firm on kijiji

Archived