Take a Friend Snowmobiling

Canuck

The International Snowmobile Manuf. Assoc. is promoting "Take a friend snowmobiling"

"State and provincial snowmobile association members of the American Council of Snowmobile Association (ACSA) and the Canadian Council of Snowmobile Organizations (CCSO) are eligible to win a $5,000.00 cash prize by sponsoring "Take a Friend Snowmobiling" activities throughout their states and provinces.

Contest events can be held any time between January 1, 2014 and March 31, 2014.

Entry form and campaign manual:

http://www.snowmobile.org/docs/Take-a-Friend-Campaign-Manual%20-and-Forms-2014.pdf

Neat facts:

Extensive research has shown that a vast majority of non-snowmobilers who live in the snowbelt
are very interested in snowmobiling.

When asked to rate their interest on a scale of 1 to 10 (10being the highest level of interest)
non-snowmobilers rate their interest  at 9!

Research has also shown us that most individuals that live in the snowbelt see snowmobiling as a great way to:

a.Enjoy the scenery
b.Get outdoors and have fun with family and friends
c.Go to unique places and see amazing sights
d.Have fun in the winter outdoors and be able to go home tired and ready for a good

night’s sleep.

(I've taken 'newbies' on trips ranging from 150 km to 996 km (don't ask why we didn't do the 4 km) each of the past few years. It's been a blast).

now for them to make an affordable entry level sled

I would say, "You can say that again!"

But you already did.  :lol:

I would say, "You can say that again!"

But you already did.  :lol:

They do. It is manufactured by "used"  :tongue:

of7 helped me get back into snowmobiling.  I bought an affordable entry level used sled.  I enjoyed getting back on the trails so I upgraded a month later, and then upgraded again a month after that.  

And the first purchase was in October :lol:

If you try it you will be hooked for most people. Damned friend of mine convinced me to try it it many years ago. I thought we would be out for an hour which turned into 7. Two weeks later we had our first sled, a two up. Made it through the next season but the season after my wife had to have her own. If only he hadn't convinced me to try this damned sport I could have saved a whole lot of money, spent a whole lot of winter weekends sitting in front of the TV at home, avoided meeting a whole lot of really great people and not ended up Secretary of our club. Damned friends.... the things they get you into.

I try to return the favour by encouraging others to try sledding. Last year I was successful with the landlord for our business building. He went out and bought a brand new top end Yamaha. Most of the people I encourage and say they would love to try it and would probably get into the sport have one significant challenge. They live in the Toronto area, many in condos and simply don't have a) a place to park a trailer and sleds B) something to tow the trailer with. While they feel they would be prepared to buy sleds and all the gear, permits and insurance, they are not prepared to trade their fuel efficient car for a truck to haul it even if they had the space to park it.

I keep reading about the seasonal marinas lamenting how hard it is to make a living these days and how they are gradually dissappearing. Marinas are full of boats all summer that belong to people who don't have a place to park the boat at home or anything to tow it with. If there were places  such as marinas near the trails who provided safe storage for sleds during the winter these people may well take up the sport since they would be able to drive their car to their sled and head out for the day or weekend. It would be a source of revenue for these marinas in the winter months as well.

If you try it you will be hooked for most people. Damned friend of mine convinced me to try it it many years ago. I thought we would be out for an hour which turned into 7. Two weeks later we had our first sled, a two up. Made it through the next season but the season after my wife had to have her own. If only he hadn't convinced me to try this damned sport I could have saved a whole lot of money, spent a whole lot of winter weekends sitting in front of the TV at home, avoided meeting a whole lot of really great people and not ended up Secretary of our club. Damned friends.... the things they get you into.

I try to return the favour by encouraging others to try sledding. Last year I was successful with the landlord for our business building. He went out and bought a brand new top end Yamaha. Most of the people I encourage and say they would love to try it and would probably get into the sport have one significant challenge. They live in the Toronto area, many in condos and simply don't have a) a place to park a trailer and sleds B) something to tow the trailer with. While they feel they would be prepared to buy sleds and all the gear, permits and insurance, they are not prepared to trade their fuel efficient car for a truck to haul it even if they had the space to park it.

I keep reading about the seasonal marinas lamenting how hard it is to make a living these days and how they are gradually dissappearing. Marinas are full of boats all summer that belong to people who don't have a place to park the boat at home or anything to tow it with. If there were places  such as marinas near the trails who provided safe storage for sleds during the winter these people may well take up the sport since they would be able to drive their car to their sled and head out for the day or weekend. It would be a source of revenue for these marinas in the winter months as well.

We do provide this service 

Excellent!  I will remember to mention that.

Outside sled storage during the week and can park a vehicle in your lot on the weekend?

I have introduced several people to sledding and all have really enjoyed it and never realized how organized it is with the trail and club network.

Unfortunately we no longer have a spare sled..........

Having sled storage close to the trails is a great idea, I would have never thought of that.

Wild Bill's is a great place for storing a sled so you only have to drive up in a car and ride. He's right on the trail. If you need repairs or service he can cover that too. It would be good if there were more like that. I have one person I work with that I almost have convinced to get into sledding. He doesn't have the tow vehicle or a place to park them at home but what scares him likely the most is that his wife will want to come and his two daughters and that he will end up with not one but four sleds.

I have taken my Son in Law and Daughters boyfriend out on the spare sled a few times. They are city boys (GTA) never sledded in thier lives. One was afraid of the cold as he had never been out in -30 weather. They had a blast and now have an appreciation for winter and the outdoors. They could not belive that they could be so warm once suited up even with 50 60mph speeds down the lake. My son in law is coming to visit this winter again and is excited about getting to ride again.

He has bought tickets on local sleds here and has talked about buying a used sled! I know hes hooked its only a matter of time till I have a sled of his sitting in my garage and longer winter vacation on his to do list. I'm now working on his brother in law but same problem worried about the cold. I'll win!

I have taken my Son in Law and Daughters boyfriend out on the spare sled a few times. They are city boys (GTA) never sledded in thier lives. One was afraid of the cold as he had never been out in -30 weather. They had a blast and now have an appreciation for winter and the outdoors. They could not belive that they could be so warm once suited up even with 50 60mph speeds down the lake. My son in law is coming to visit this winter again and is excited about getting to ride again.

He has bought tickets on local sleds here and has talked about buying a used sled! I know hes hooked its only a matter of time till I have a sled of his sitting in my garage and longer winter vacation on his to do list. I'm now working on his brother in law but same problem worried about the cold. I'll win!

Awesome!

Archived