April 4-7 OC RIDE PICTURES

Turbo Doo

awesome, thanks for sharing. The latest I have rode up there was the spring of 03.....it was the end of march, I have always wanted to go in April, this is the perfect year and of course, things are to busy.

Some really good pics!

I like how you somehow show the height of the fire tower "hill".

Thanks.

Here's a link to all my pictures from the April 4-7 OC ride and gathering...

Enjoy......

http://s1048.photobu...hiedel/library/

see that truck off the road, i was three cars behind a tow truck going south when that thing was skidding up the road towards me. the guys from that snow mobile magazine was in front of me and a tow truck in front of them. i was waiting for the trailer to hook and come across the road and take us all out. when that truck stopped skidding i was right beside the cab. the driver wasn't long jumping out

there was another truck off the road a few miles south of that one.

nice pics iq...thx for sharing

You were lucky .... Lucky.

It was tough leaving fresh snow behind on a snowmobile trip; tougher still to drive through a localized storm on the way home.

Great pics. So that is what happened with that truck. When we went by, it was backed into a small road / driveway on the other side of the road and traffic was just starting to flow again.

cool pics Cochrane is the best place to ride, I love the moonbeam clubhouse and Smoothy's restaurant. I AM ALREADY GOING INTO WITHDRAWLS NOW THAT THE SEASON IS OVER, CAN'T WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR!!!

Maybe we can do an ocer group ride between Xmas and new years, if there is enough interest. I would be in!

I always go to Cochrane between xmas and newyears... that's the only place that actually has trails open that time of the year!

I always go to Cochrane between xmas and newyears... that's the only place that actually has trails open that time of the year!

I will be going this year. Already have my time booked off. Where do you stay?

Sledjunk, White Dragon, and Lucky2, and possibly Canuck if your going to the show, we got a little story for you guys about OUR drive home on the Sunday..Lets just say, thank god we made it..

was FIL asking too many questions,while you were driving...

i'm going

When are you going lucky?

Sledjunk, White Dragon, and Lucky2, and possibly Canuck if your going to the show, we got a little story for you guys about OUR drive home on the Sunday..Lets just say, thank god we made it..

I hope its not about being passed by a Apex going 120 km/h.I got home by 5 pm. :icon_steer:

i was thinking on sat to meet up for breakfast, then to the show, what are you thinking

see the thread on the show... there's a group going for breakfast

was FIL asking too many questions,while you were driving...

He was sleeping(you guys wore him out too much)..Anyways, just after those truck pics, we came to the bridge( i am thinking Englehart) not %100 sure which town it's in..But anyways transport came at us over the bridge, trailer was a little TOO close to the guard rail along side of bridge, and ended up bouncing the trailer off of it, and we had to bail out.. Thank god for some quick manouevring, or we would have been toast. Was the worst drive home from cochrane yet.. Was thinking of you and Bills story when we came upon the truck in the ditch..

See u guys saturday at the show..

Sorry to hear about your travails, IQT.

I'll be workin' on my 'honey do' list tomorrow and won't be at the show.

Not much goin' on tonight, but too much stuff on the list for tomorrow.

120km...We were doing like 110km around there!!HEHE...Was just thinking, you did leave BEFORE us eh!!..And we had a trailer..

To many stops..gas coffee and a potty pit stop after the coffee.They would of had to use a shop vac to clean up that mess. :shock::puke:

I always stay at WESTWAY MOTEL :)

Westway is a good choice.Clean and close to Timmy"s

2011feb7013_zps398bebb6.jpg

It was my first time at North Adventure Inn, after many times at Westway.

I actually prefer NAI for the following reasons:

1. Camaraderie - the onsite restaurant provides a space to gather with other sledders.

2. On site restaurant - kinda nice to have breakfast and / or dinner onsite after a long day's ride.

3. Quieter - last time at Westway, we had rooms on the Tim Horton's side. Lots of truck action. It was empty, we asked for interior rooms, but were told that the outside rooms were the only one's with 2 double beds. C'est la vie.

BOTH are good places at roughly $100 per room, per night.

Archived