F Trail Report Chaleau to Echo Lake

Shivesy

We left Chapleau yesterday morning around 9am and the weather was sleet and light rain. Took the F Trail towards Flame Lake Lodge and there was plenty of snow but alot of sticks poking through the trail. The trail was flat and what I would call a moderately paced speed trail. It was a pretty ride and we were glad to see the Flame Lake Lodge sign as we needed to fuel up, plus we skipped breakfast and were pretty hungry.

Having never been to Flame Lake or having met the owners before, my son and I were very impressed with thier hospitality. Very nice folks and just a nice quiet lodge that we would like to stay at on our next trip to Northern Ontario. They took us right in on Sunday and fed us a large portion of delicious chilli. They gave us a accurate trail report heading south to Aubrey Falls as they do the grooming for the F trail in that location.

Heading to Aubrey Falls the trail is again moderately paced. A few open sections and woods riding. We ran up on 2 very large moose 20 miles south of Flame Lake and we cut both machines off so we could watch as the slowly vanished into the woods. That was a nice site to see and made getting rained on worth it. The trail has 1 small water crossing that is 6" deep and 3' wide. No problem there as we headed to the D106.

The D106 was again nice with plenty of WET snow. As we were pushing 180 miles and 20 miles from our truck my son slid his sled down into a 4' wide 5' deep raveen. I came back for him and thought to myself "how we gonna get that out". Anyway we worked at it and out it came. No damage and he wasn't hurt so we were good to go.

E8A786A1-AA5D-4CEC-90AC-BACD9723EE4B-33029-000001C195772DC1.jpg

All was good and we loaded up the sleds and the rain was still coming down. We arw 5 min from home here in Columbus Ga. and the rain stretches all the way down south here at home. We had a great time this week, logged on 190 miles Sunday and the total for the 6 days was 1,357 miles. AWESOME!!!!

yes thanks for sharing your stories. i'm glad you had a great time in northern ontario.

At least the yoot was behind you, lol.

Great report.

At least the yoot was behind you, lol.

Great report.

Typical Yamaha handling! Great report,

Typical Yamaha handling! Great report,

Yep! We've NEVER seen a 'doo in the weeds!

Great report and pics. Glad you had a great trip.

Yep! We've NEVER seen a 'doo in the weeds!

I know you would fire back at me. Everyone ends up in the rubarb sometime.

great report shivey!!!! (as always). glad you had a good trip. we were in dub the 8th through the 11th. 3 days, only saw 1 total sled while riding. LOL! look forward to your next outing report. Ski

Archived