Sad news for Family day

Fred Quimby

Snowmobiler killed in Muskoka

Posted By: Siobhan Morris smorris@astral.com · 2/18/2013 1:28:00 PM

A snowmobiler is dead after going through ice into the water of an inlet in Muskoka.

OPP say the man & 3 other snowmobilers took a wrong turn while heading back to their cottage from dinner in Lake of Bays Township late Sunday night.

Police pulled the man's body from the water around noon Monday.

He has been IDed as 48-year-old Richard Dehaan of Smithville, in the Niagara Region.

My sincere condolences to the family and friends. Very sad.

Snowmobiler killed in Muskoka

Posted By: Siobhan Morris smorris@astral.com · 2/18/2013 1:28:00 PM

A snowmobiler is dead after going through ice into the water of an inlet in Muskoka.

OPP say the man & 3 other snowmobilers took a wrong turn while heading back to their cottage from dinner in Lake of Bays Township late Sunday night.

Police pulled the man's body from the water around noon Monday.

He has been IDed as 48-year-old Richard Dehaan of Smithville, in the Niagara Region.

My sincere condolences to the family and friends. Very sad.

Yes, that just plain sucks. Unfortunately we all know this is going to happen especially this past weekend.

RIP our concolences to the family.

Yes, that just plain sucks. Unfortunately we all know this is going to happen especially this past weekend.

RIP our concolences to the family.

Sorry that is just wrong to blame this weekend for that

Unfortunate accident from a wrong turn

Sorry that is just wrong to blame this weekend for that

Unfortunate accident from a wrong turn

I meant due to the number of sledders, not the actual weekend.

Never nice to hear sad news like this. I feel for family and friends.

Doesn't help at river inlets but I personally hate riding lakes and rivers unless the snow is sled packed. The loose unpacked snow insulates the ice and it doesn't freeze as thick. I hate slush even more. I've seen many sled tracks in deep snow on lakes and the trench often has wet slush in it.

How is the bubbler situation on LOB

me and my wife both new him and his family, and working in smithville, small town

very sad , he also went by ed

My Condolences.

THis is a real problem. I run with a GPS at ALL times. You never know when you can get disorientated on a lake. You need to follow known path. If natural water flow isn't enough Danger, Ice Fisherman have been opening up huge areas of the ice near my place. I drove right over a hold large enough for my sled to drop in. I 12 inch hole is one thing, drilling 10 and then and breaking the ice up is plain STUPID!

Be Safe!!

Sad news. Condolences to family and friends.

RIP

My Condolences.

THis is a real problem. I run with a GPS at ALL times. You never know when you can get disorientated on a lake. You need to follow known path. If natural water flow isn't enough Danger, Ice Fisherman have been opening up huge areas of the ice near my place. I drove right over a hold large enough for my sled to drop in. I 12 inch hole is one thing, drilling 10 and then and breaking the ice up is plain STUPID!

Be Safe!!

Geeze I was just there last weekend, glad I didn't run into that mess that is just plain stupid and dangerous WOW......

Archived