Kirkland Lake trails will be stellar

Ultrafrozen

Our trails were shaping up well after the thaw but with the 8" we had Saturday night, they will be great after the groomers head out this week.

I went for a little ride with a buddy after 3 hrs of snowblowing. There was so much snow, I couldn't make out the trail edges.

This pic is from Saturday's ride with the wife before the snow fell.

IMG-20130119-00112_zpsd11a3bf3.jpg

Your buddy ... someone I know ?

Glad to see someone's getting snow, we got about 1/2 inch yesterday. Too cold for me.

hopefully it all lasts until march to make up for the winter so far. im also planning on heading that way for the break.

hopefully it all lasts until march to make up for the winter so far. im also planning on heading that way for the break.

Not again!

Your buddy ... someone I know ?

Glad to see someone's getting snow, we got about 1/2 inch yesterday. Too cold for me.

One of the Hogg boys, a few years younger than us. Not sure if he grew up here but he was living at Round Lake before he moved into town.

After going out yesterday in the -25C temps, I think I'll invest in a heated visor. I forgot the breath deflector and frosted over so bad I had to flip it up to see anything. Good thing I brought a balaclava just in case.

Calling for -35C tonight so I might venture outside to see if the Vector will start.

snowmobiles are like a samarai sword if you start them you must drive them.

I hear ya! I didn't even bother going out 'cause it's not cold enough yet. Maybe I'll try in the morning with the forecasted low the Yamaha might have a hard time starting. I think I'll try real hard to make it to the sled shelter and turn her over just to hear her scream!

Jan212013_zps241788b4.jpg

Wasn't as cold as forecast at -32C this morning but at least I know the Vactor will start at that temp. Surprised the hell out of me 'cause I heard stories of four strokes being hard to start in the cold.

Wasn't as cold as forecast at -32C this morning but at least I know the Vactor will start at that temp. Surprised the hell out of me 'cause I heard stories of four strokes being hard to start in the cold.

What they will do is foul spark plugs if you just start them and shut them down

379344_436222943113779_1944878968_n.jpg

Send it up here, I'll cold-weather test it for ya ......

Toronto has a cold weather alert ,its - 15 :icon_blah:

Toronto has a cold weather alert ,its - 15 :icon_blah:

Wait until they get 10 cm's of snow, high wind and mins 20 tonight. Army will be giving out blankets, shoveling snow and cleaning off people's car.

What they will do is foul spark plugs if you just start them and shut them down

Yup, I let it run until the temp light went out while I had a quick smoke. I even drove it about a foot just because you made that sword comment. :)

379344_436222943113779_1944878968_n.jpg

Send it up here, I'll cold-weather test it for ya ......

I heard on CBC that you were the cold spot on the northeast. I'm glad I'm in the sunny south.

I heard on CBC that you were the cold spot on the northeast. I'm glad I'm in the sunny south.

its been cold up hear for a good time know ,,,,, looks like buy sunday it going to worm up a bit , thank god

will be a little nicer rideing

more trails opening every day, good to see ,,, there is hope.lol

I saw that. Milder weather on Sun - Mon. No-one riding around here, just impossibly cold. The store has been quiet this week, usually I can't walk in the parking lot for the broken sleds. Not one this week. Guess I'm doing my job right .....

-42C this morning. Even the snow was complaining it was too cold! Don't know what it was with the wind chill.

It was so cold even my farts wouldn't go out.

It was so cold even my farts wouldn't go out.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

Stellar trails this weekend. The cold temps, snow and grooming have done wonders for our trails. Pics were taken this afternoon on A108Q (not groomed since Wednesday's storm), freshly groomed A trail between A110Q and A108Q (Kenogami north to Bourkes) and on A110Q.

IMG-20130202-00132_zpsce6faf55.jpg

IMG-20130202-00129_zpsbe497c17.jpg

IMG-20130202-00123_zpscf415c9d.jpg

Update:

Stellar trails this weekend. The cold temps, snow and grooming have done wonders for our trails. Pics were taken this afternoon on A108Q (not groomed since Wednesday's storm), freshly groomed A trail between A110Q and A108Q (Kenogami north to Bourkes) and on A110Q.

IMG-20130202-00132_zpsce6faf55.jpg

IMG-20130202-00129_zpsbe497c17.jpg

IMG-20130202-00123_zpscf415c9d.jpg

Nice pic's

Do you know if Kirkland has come down the A trail to the Englehart river yet??

AWESOME pics Andre !!! Love that A108 myself ! My buddies George, Squid & Dan & I ran that trail often, down to Englehart, our usual Saturday morning ride for tourist coffee !

Nice pic's

Not sure but I've left a message. I'll PM you when I know.

Nice pic's

The word is that they will be heading there early this week, expected Monday.

Archived