barry's bay, district 6, Pinewood Inn

slomo

The Pinewood Inn is a good motel with most ammenities needed.

http://thepinewoodinn.com/

Large parking lot for trucks and trailers.

post-19713-0-30473500-1358682746_thumb.j

Direct access to main trails via a 25 yard long access trail right out of the parking lot.post-19713-0-52061000-1358682757_thumb.j

Rooms are large enough for all your stuff - include fridge, microwave, free wifi - ask for password. The owners are very sled friendly, know the trail conditions and supply extra towels for wiping off equipment etc.

The rooms also feature something called an "ironing board" ? which can be set up to hold all the small sledding stuff you keep in your various pockets when out on the trails.

post-19713-0-72881000-1358682938_thumb.j

Restarants, gas and other stores are a quick drive into town.

NIce, do you know If we can ride form Bancroft? Or do we have to drive and unload in Barrys bay? Thanks

Slomo, we stayed @ the Pinewood several years ago on an overnight trip. It was nice then, but they've been closed winters up until last year (I think). I hadn't heard any reports recently. Good to hear.

Slomo, we stayed @ the Pinewood several years ago on an overnight trip. It was nice then, but they've been closed winters up until last year (I think). I hadn't heard any reports recently. Good to hear.

New owners this year and they are really supportive of all winter activities - sledding, ice fishing, cross country, etc. Rooms are very clean plenty of hot water and beds are excellent. Owners continue to make improvements as they go.

Access to lake is only about 100 yards away. Not sure how the fishing is though. As mentioned elsewhere, once I saw 'green' on the map, reserved early, and was surprised to find they had availability when we arrived on Friday, when other places were full.

Thanks slomo. Where did you eat your suppers and breakfast? Anymore snow pembroke way too?

Thanks slomo. Where did you eat your suppers and breakfast? Anymore snow pembroke way too?

Pembroke trails are very good right now. We rode from Barry's Bay to Pettewawa for lunch. The B and A trail are smooth, and well groomed.

Good info. Didn't now it was open in the winter. How far in advance did you have to book? Any idea if you can book only one night on a weekend?

Send them an email to inquire- address on web site. They were very quick to reply when we booked. Advance depends on occupancy I guess.

Thanks slomo. Where did you eat your suppers and breakfast?

We bring our own. Even have a microwave if there isn't one somewhere. Much better than waiting around for service. For those on a trip - pack a couple of Hungry Man Dinners - but not the 'sports bar' type they sell - taste like frozen sheep manure. Stick with the turkey dinner or fried chicken. They should stay frozen on the back of your sled.

A quick search on Google Maps on Barry's Bay will show restaurants downtown, some which are sled available. Circuit has mentioned the Wilno Tavern and Family Restaurant - a quick jaunt towards Killaloo and right by the trail. Good schnitzel apparently according to advertisements. Probably good perogies too.

Re:leaf

What route did u take to Pembroke. Did u go toward Golden lake?

We were staying at spectacle lodge. We rode the B trail east, missed a sign saying B trail keep left and went right. Drove through Barry's Bay and had to cross round lake to get back to the B trail. We were close to golden lake but I can't comment on the conditions. Round lake is not staked and I don't recommend crossing until it is. The B trail to pembroke is great. Flat, smooth, groomed.

Hey Sledders!! This is Pinewood Inn, so graciously complimented by Slomo. We have lots of availablity. We are new owners, purchased 2 years ago. Check out our website for all our info!! We are offering a winter special. Stay two nights and your second night is $20 off. Call us for a reservation. 1 855 756 1333. Thanks and Safe Sledding!!! :snow-141:

Welcome to the forum, and I look forward to staying with you in the future.

• 1 month later...

Started in Torry hill, and we are know relaxing at the Pinewood inn, in Barrys Bay. Great spot, quiet, we are the only ones here. $80 for a queen bed, rooms have ample space. We brought food from home, in our saddlebags and utilized the microwave. The Mad Musher restaurant in Whitney has excellent food. Great area to be in. Conditions are great, lots of snow and the trails we were on were smooth. There is no gas in Madawaska for a week, but you can get gas at Riverland Black Bear camp. Knock on the main house door, where it says breakfast

The B trail to Pembroke was in good shape last Weds'. They got quite a bit of snow that day, even before we got thru the area.

Archived