Bancroft trip report Jan 5 2013

Turbo Doo

Ok, so our first little ride is in the books. We left the cottage in Orillia saturday morning, headed for the Bird's Creek Park and Ride in Bancroft. On the way we saw a moose and 3 white tail does in the Minden area on the way. Arrived in Bancroft around 8:30am. Trails seemed to be in great shape. Our new triton trailer works wonders. Rode from Bancroft to Whitney. Trails were great, tons of sleds. Rode the Mink lake loops on the way up. Best trails of the day. Talked to a few locals in Maynooth, and they say there's about 8" of ice on Lake St.Peter and Mink Lake. Seen a few guys crossing them, but a little too much slush showing for us. Groomer spotted just outside of Whitney doing some good trail work, then again on our way towards Barry's Bay. Had a bite to eat at the Mad Musher, and let me say it was packed. Lots and lots of sledders. All in all, a great day of riding, pretty decent trails, and 400km's later i would say job well done to the local clubs. The Bancroft Inn and Suites had a few sledders there. The new Powerbloc P-80 on our 1200 works great, as does the new IQ turbo..400 fresh km's, well on it's way to be broken in..Here's some pics. Last 2 pictures are at the cottage in Orillia on Sunday morning after the fresh snow.. Enjoy the pics. Also no OPP to be seen doing either spot checks or radar..

Nice Pics , you only did 400 ks in one day :lmao:

nice report & pics...thx

we only do 300 or so in a day , 650 would kill me I think

650 wouldnt leave me the energy to drink at night :Drinking2:

wow. 400k is a great first ride of the season. thanks for the report and pics.

Great Report & Pics.

that turbo sure looks good on the trails lol

cant wait to get mine out

great pictures

Sledguy74, maybe we will have to get out for a ride this year..Weather will have to co-operate though for around here..

i hope to get out around home, would like to get together for a ride

time will tell

Thanks for post and pictures! Might help get us through the warm spell this week! Haven't been in that area in several years but maybe time to visit again soon.

Uh oh.

Man vs. Food - Snowmobile Edition. "This week we're in Bancroft ...." :D

Wonderful report, IQ Turbo. Thanks.

Looks awesome..wish we had that much snow our way! Great pics. That's a big day of riding!

Archived