First Outing of the Season

revrnd

Took the sled down to the woodlot & the Crown Land behind our property to break trails for the deer & moose this afternoon.

No sno x wannabes :right_on:

No OPP checks :right_on:

30 klicks on the sled :right_on:

No wildlife sightings :(

Took the sled down to the woodlot & the Crown Land behind our property to break trails for the deer & moose this afternoon.

No wildlife sightings :(

Understandable. Hard to see when the moose change colour for the winter.

post-19713-0-52682200-1357470787_thumb.j

Good to get out though eh? -_-

LOL!

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't been out since, lost most of our snow a week ago & there's a reroute that needs to be done to E107 north of Apsley. I'll check the conditions & may have to haul up to Birds Creek.

We put the rainy weekend to good use. Pretty much tore the sled down to replace the drive axle & jackshaft bearings & seals along w/ the bearing in the rear suspension.

at least you got out!

Im going mad waiting for this weekend to finally try the new sled

I hope they get more trails opened up in DIstrict 9 by Saturday.

at least you got out!

Im going mad waiting for this weekend to finally try the new sled

I hope they get more trails opened up in DIstrict 9 by Saturday.

Better go. Weather looks terrible next week. Calling for three days of plus 5 for the area. Hopefully they are wrong.

Better go. Weather looks terrible next week. Calling for three days of plus 5 for the area. Hopefully they are wrong.

ya i read that on the weathernetwork too, no matter we got the cottage rented in kearney for the month of february and all my holidays booked in that time so we should be good for a decent season.

I just like the closeness of district 9 and they have good trails when there is snow.

What weather are you watching for what area. The long range weather I just watched showed - temps for all but Tues with that being a chance of snow/sleet

weather chanel for ingersoll is calling for above 0 tues wed and thurs not that we have any snow to melt

What weather are you watching for what area. The long range weather I just watched showed - temps for all but Tues with that being a chance

of snow/sleet

I was watching kitchener's weather. Above Huntsville it will be mostly snow I hope.

I was watching kitchener's weather. Above Huntsville it will be mostly snow I hope.

ya i think kearney is going to miss the rain and get snow

good thing, february is vacation time

ya i think kearney is going to miss the rain and get snow

good thing, february is vacation time

The trails were all rocks in burk falls today. They need snow bad and northbay is suppose to be plus 4 Tuesday snd plus 6 Wednesday with lots of rain.

First off I'm new here but a long time lurker. Hi All.

I rode the Ethel-Brussels-Wingham route on saturday. Got lost a bit and helped by alot of people. ( if you helped a guy on a red Skidoo riding solo thanks)

The trails were truly limited in sections as it felt like an ATV would have been a better choice but other areas were great. All in all a good 65 km journey that let me cross my families legacy to Ontario( Krauter Line in Ethel)

Sucks were getting some warmer weather but I'm optimistic we will get a good end of season.

I hate to say this but let it rain, my season is done.

2 pistons, 2 jugs

Sorry to hear about your sled, SK.

Sorry to hear about your sled, SK.

X2. But you don't have to jinx the rest of us!

sorry to hear about your sled sk, but hold on a second I havent gotten out yet lol

Feb is almost here, holidays are booked.......sledding time

Archived