buying permit online

BlakeBouch

Has anybody bought there permit online. How long does it take to get with standard shipping. I know it says 10 to 15 business days but just wondering?

You're dealing with Canada Post ....need I say more?

Yea I'm hoping it won't be like that. Anybody have any experience.

Did the online thing a couple years ago, took all of 2 weeks but I am in the states. I call mine in now.

Max

I did post my tale here recently...

Ordered two permits on line. paid for them to come registered. Only one came. Went to pick it up at the postal outlet, clerk could not find it...finally found it. Had to call OFSC for a trace on missing permit. They could not find it. Had a replacement sent. Again, had to drive to postal outlet to get the registered mail as it seems the effing letter carriers don't even bother to carry registered letters...they just leave the "nobody at home cards as a standard reply"..yet I was at home every day that week. More wasted time, gas and effort and extra cost.

You are better to call your club with your credit card info or send them a cheque and then you will get your clubs up to date maps and likely a newsletter too. Thats what we send out.

The on line system is IMO not worth it.

I did post my tale here recently...

Ordered two permits on line. paid for them to come registered. Only one came. Went to pick it up at the postal outlet, clerk could not find it...finally found it. Had to call OFSC for a trace on missing permit. They could not find it. Had a replacement sent. Again, had to drive to postal outlet to get the registered mail as it seems the effing letter carriers don't even bother to carry registered letters...they just leave the "nobody at home cards as a standard reply"..yet I was at home every day that week. More wasted time, gas and effort and extra cost.

You are better to call your club with your credit card info or send them a cheque and then you will get your clubs up to date maps and likely a newsletter too. Thats what we send out.

The on line system is IMO not worth it.

Ordered mine direct from 13. I try to support those areas that seem to need the sales the most, while still buying from the district in which I ride. The OFSC site charges us here in the States, $20 more for the poor postal sevice over international boundaries. 13 was happy to get the sale and charged nothing extra, too bad we don't have any control over the local postal service.

I think more would buy direct from their home clubs if they were aware they could do that. A quick call to the clubhouse or hotline should clear that up. Not trying to sidestep the OFSC but when you can buy direct from your club and avoid needless charges..why not. Especially from our friends in the US.

Thanks for shopping Canadian Akron!

I bought my permits online. I directed the fees to my local club, no problem. I had the permits mailed by regular post. They arrived in 7 days. It could not have been any easier.

I think more would buy direct from their home clubs if they were aware they could do that. A quick call to the clubhouse or hotline should clear that up. Not trying to sidestep the OFSC but when you can buy direct from your club and avoid needless charges..why not. Especially from our friends in the US.

Thanks for shopping Canadian Akron!

What are the 'needless charges'? I didn't pay anything above the face value of the permits.

Etheir did I.

The club gets charged. After Dec.1st the buyer pays for shipping.

I bought my permits online. I directed the fees to my local club, no problem. I had the permits mailed by regular post. They arrived in 7 days. It could not have been any easier.

Same good experience here, that was easy. However, I believe the OFSC is keeping a percentage. Probably to pay for the fullfilment house which processes the order and send the permit. I'd like to know how much of my $200 was kept by the OFSC.

I'd like to buy direct from my club but it must be online. Today, I do everything online. Don't ask me to put a cheque in a real envelop with stamp.

If you want it registered, you pay for it. A needless charge. It proves to be more hassle than it's worth.

I was at our clubhouse this morning and many permits were phoned in and processed by credit card with no issues. Then you get a map and newsletter mailed to you.

If you want it registered, you pay for it. A needless charge. It proves to be more hassle than it's worth.

I was at our clubhouse this morning and many

permits were phoned in and processed by credit

card with no issues. Then you get a map and

newsletter mailed to you.

Wow great work hcsa. I think the map is a great touch. Wish more clubs would follow suit.

You're dealing with Canada Post ....need I say more?

I bought a jacket from Great Britain two weeks ago thru the postal service.

Took 7 days to get to me.

I buy alot online and have not in the last few years found Canada Post's service anything but top notch.

I buy alot online and have not in the last few years found Canada Post's service anything but top notch.

I guess I have bad luck. I buy a lot on line too( mostly US) and delivery is awful. Customs delays being the worst, then getting hung up at Canada Post sorting facilities.

7 days to get to you is pretty good. The only question is was it 6 days to get from the U.K. to Canada and then 6 to get the rest of the way to you? Who knows. I have has both good and bad from Canada post. Lately though it seems to have gotten better than I remember. I have sent a number of 8.5 X 11 envelopes from Toronto to Texas. Usually two a month. I take them to the post office where they weigh them stamp them and put them in a bin for air mail. Don't know which side of the border loses them but about 40% never make it to the destination and are never returned.

Don't know which side of the border loses them but about 40% never make it to the destination and are never returned.

02Sled,

My cheque's in the mail.

B)

I love the "notice" in the on-line permit purchase site for A-T region of Quebec.....

Snowmobile Trail Permit

In Quebec, the mandatory sale of snowmobile access passes benefits clubs and the region to groom snowmobile trails. If you buy your access pass in our region, you will help us maintain the outstanding quality of our snowmobile trails. Thank you!

Proceed with your order

Tips for savings!

Buy your trails permit online

Note: Service is unavailable for the Abitibi-Témiscamingue inhabitants. Please, purchase your trail permit at your snowmobile club.

I got mine today after placing the online order Novemebr 25th and I didn't pay extra for registered mail- not bad. Fred has commented that these passes are 'like gold' so I decided to do the math. Pass weighs 3.2 grams and gold is worth about $54.50 per gram today so that works out to about $174.40 for the same amount of gold. Sorry Fred, if you consider that the paper accounts for most of the weight the pass at $210 is worth way more than gold...we're almost in printer ink territory! I'm thinking of ordering two more and making the wife a nice set of earings for Christmas.

post-22651-0-07484100-1354754482_thumb.jpg

I got mine today after placing the online order Novemebr 25th and I didn't pay extra for registered mail- not bad. Fred has commented that these passes are 'like gold' so I decided to do the math. Pass weighs 3.2 grams and gold is worth about $54.50 per gram today so that works out to about $174.40 for the same amount of gold. Sorry Fred, if you consider that the paper accounts for most of the weight the pass at $210 is worth way more than gold...we're almost in printer ink territory! I'm thinking of ordering two more and making the wife a nice set of earings for Christmas.

I'm sure she will be thrilled! I have a spare room for rent.

I'm sure she will be thrilled! I have a spare room for rent.

Awesome...do you have weekend rates from January to April!

Awesome...do you have weekend rates from January to April!

Something can always be arranged..

Something can always be arranged..

Do you do the same deal for big birtha too?

Do you do the same deal for big birtha too?

Group rates

Archived