Was a great weekend locally!!! #RELIVE

rockerdan

This weekend we got out....was WAY WAY better then I expected! 

--Dan

SATURDAY:

Baysville,Dwight,Dorset - Relive 1/12/19

SUNDAY:

And today we went further north.....lots more snow, and lots of great groomed stuff too!

Sprucedale,Sand lake,Sundridge

Good to see you back on the forum, Dan. Cool rides and video.

Lots of ice eh?

Not all TOP trail?

Great videos and glad to see you back on the forum!!

4 hours ago, hancop said:

Cool video what do you use to create the path you took ?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cc.relive.reliveapp&hl=en_CA

Dan it work where there is no cell service?

Hey gang, sorry I dont get over here too often. 

Yes the Relive app is avail on iOS and Android, and I have been enjoying it immensely. It was developed in scandinavia I believe, and its used for skiing, snowboarding, cycling ect. I find the video zips by very fast(default speed) as its likely aimed at a slower activity like snow-shoeing ect.  So the pics pop up, and go away fast. I am using the FREE app for now, but you can add a Sub and gain access to your animation speed, and also editing(after complete) and adding music and MORE then 10 pics.  

I really wanted to add my own music, and then realized if I upload the relive animation to my youtube page(via smartphone) there is a place in the YT iOS app, that allows me to add my own music from my ipod.  So that was cool.  What I like about the APP is, after you create the animation....they email you when its ready, with a link where the animation lives online(free) on a page which will contain the animation. ALL your pics are in HI-RES form on this page, and an overview MAP of your trip(not bad for free!).  The FREE app allows for a LOW-RES version of the animation w/low res pics(within the animation itself).  Where as the paid Sub will give you a 1080p animation and pics within animation!  So it may be worth it to Sub for the winter at least.

The App works well, turn it on....start riding, it does most everything automatically! Keep the app running, lock phone so its black and batt last longer. Each stop where I want to take a pic, I open app....it will say "paused" at top, tap on the camera icon, and snap a pic. It will automatically insert that pic into your timeline. You are only allowed 10 pics max(free app) Sub will get you many more.  So I try to keep ONE pic to each stop. When you get to a lunch, you dont even need to stop or pause, it will remain running and paused. When you finish, you can complete your ride then, or do it later.  You can choose up to 10 pics total, and then you can do some cool stuff like scrub back through timeline and add in Quotes, like I did where I got onto a new trail, or new lake, add that in as a quote and you will see that quote pop up at bottom left of animation video.  I would like to try the hi res version. 

What is great is, the APP uses your GPS and does not need data. I know i'm in and out of data riding, but it works through that without issue, as GPS uses cell and not data to locate you. Just be sure to have data when finishing your video obviously.  It sorta works on a similar principle as the new OFSC IAG app, where it uses GPS and not data. But takes less space then IAG as it does not need to load entire map data into hard drive.

Here are the 2 links that Relive sends me....each coinciding to the above animations in my OP.  This is what you get from each finished animation. No music in these animations. I simply saved the animation video to phone, uploaded to my YT page and added in music at that time.

Baysville,Dwight,Dorset: https://www.relive.cc/view/rt10003050180

Sprucedale,Sand lake,Sundridge: https://www.relive.cc/view/rt10003072228

Any other questions just PM me as I dont get here as much as I'd like to. 

Thanks gang!

Dan

Archived