Ontario Lodging Database

revrnd

Corey has finished the 1st update of the season for the online lodging database. I'm currently working on updating the GPS data for a lot of the businesses. Google Earth can be helpful or WAYYYY off when it comes to where it has marked the locations of some businesses. If you know of any changes of lodging that you're familiar w/, please let me know via PM. Also, if you notice that an accommodation is marked "trail access?" and confirm or deny trail access, that would be appreciated.

You can see the database by clicking on the link in my signature. 

• 3 weeks later...

Chatting w/ a friend who has moved to the Ft Frances area (mining industry) & told him about my lodging database. He checked it out & sent me 10 ratings this morning. (Thumbs up)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The latest update for the database is now online. Click on the link in my signature to access it.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

I've gotten a couple of PMs about the mileage listing. Unfortunately, I'm not maintaining that info anymore.

Two reasons for this, I'm busy enough w/ the lodging listings & the GPS POI file that I posted earlier in the season. Secondly, I had used the previous ITG & felt it's mileage calculator was suitable for my needs.

After receiving a couple more PMs from this site & others after I announced the discontinuance of the mileage listing, I've come up w/ an idea.

Is there anyone that is a comfortable using Excel & working in web design, interested in taking 'ownership' of the mileage spreadsheet & maintenance of the info? If you're interested, please PM me.

• 1 month later...

Corey has added a new notation for the online database. Lodgings that have purchased an ad on the current season's trail guide have MAP ADVERTISER in the upper left corner of their page.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Picked up ALL the maps @ the show yesterday & will be updating the database. Will post when online version in a go.

• 1 month later...

I've finished going thru the trail guides and sent the spreadsheet to Corey. I'll post when the database in online for the season.

• 1 year later...

Who knew that the teepee between Timmins & Foleyet on C101D was open for business?20191222_230422-1.thumb.jpg.3de3850168b0a454fe28ef6b9a44f312.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...

The online database has been updated. 

• 4 weeks later...

Seeing as the signatures are not visible to phone users, here is the link to the online lodging database:

http://www.sleddersworld.com/?page_id=82

• revrnd pinned this topic
  • 7 months later...

Not really an update, but I see the motel north of Britt/Byng Inlet has been torn down LOL I was thru there in 2018, but don't recall if it was still standing then.

Surprisingly the old Long Branch Motel hasn't burned to the ground.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, bbakernbay said:

Cedar Gables Lodge in Bonfield is not operating.  Joanne & Darcy sold and new owners are not continuing business.

Thank you. 

I doubt there will be much of an update this season. It will be hard to say how many of the trail guides I get this season.

12 hours ago, bbakernbay said:

Cedar Gables Lodge in Bonfield is not operating.  Joanne & Darcy sold and new owners are not continuing business.

I've never been to this business, but what point would there be in buying a lodge, but not running it as such?

Update sent to Corey for database.

5 hours ago, revrnd said:

I've never been to this business, but what point would there be in buying a lodge, but not running it as such?

Maybe bought as "family compound"?...real estate descriptor term which has surfaced over the past few years reminiscent of the Kennedy family compound in Kenebuckport (or wherever)...others to watch out for...handyman special....cozy....and a local property around here for which a septic system application could not be approved...."as nature intended". (outhouse or holding tank - bad idea in both cases)

9 hours ago, revrnd said:

From the outside, the last time I saw it a few years ago, it looked to me like it could revert to a good sized home.

9 hours ago, revrnd said:

It was more of a Bed and breakfast versus a lodge from the time we visited some friends staying there, It would be a sweet cottage though with lots of space to entertain.

5 hours ago, slomo said:

Maybe bought as "family compound"?...real estate descriptor term which has surfaced over the past few years reminiscent of the Kennedy family compound in Kenebuckport (or wherever)...others to watch out for...handyman special....cozy....and a local property around here for which a septic system application could not be approved...."as nature intended". (outhouse or holding tank - bad idea in both cases)

Bush's are in Kennebunkport Maine/Kennedy's were on Cape Cod Mass.!

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, revrnd said:

My wife's family lived in an old lodge on Hall's Lake in Hali.!

1 hour ago, Muskoka1 said:

Bush's are in Kennebunkport Maine

I've seen in on my fall visits. 

Thanks for the replies guys. I guess I was thinking of something larger like Spectacle Lake Lodge.