2015 HCSA Trail & Snow Conditions

Lol. See living on b... Your chats withe the snow gods are working keep it up and I'll leave em a 24 of cans. ;)

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol. See living on b... Your chats withe the snow gods are working keep it up and I'll leave em a 24 of cans. ;)

At least I know where I can drop off my empty cans now. Lol

Great news...B103 rail bed from Kinmount to Haliburton has been brushed and packed and is considered "Limited". :woot:

Please visit the NEW!! HCSA website for news, events and trail conditions.

http://www.hcsa.ca/

Thank you!

don't thank us! just get up here and help me shovel the pond! nothing like a good skate after running the sleds!

Pretty sure skating won't be a priority when you get back up.

LIVIN'

don't thank us! just get up here and help me shovel the pond! nothing like a good skate after running the sleds!

Pretty sure skating won't be a priority when you get back up.

LIVIN'

Skating is what you do when there is no snow on the ground. :icon_tinykitball:

Excellent on both counts 

Thanks! We're getting there... :icon_snow:

Excellent on both counts 

X2!

Any news or ideas if you may open b out near halls lake where the wanderers have opened trail? Or even connecting into the tall pines system?

Wow I realized my comment sound snotty... But typing you can't really portray a quizzical nature.

Today we ran from Burnt River to Halilbuton - great conditions.  South of Burnt River was OK and south of Fenleon needs more snow.  Thanks to all the workers for getting these trails open.

Cico, I knew you would appear soon, your question is valid. Everything HCSA has will be on the move Monday! your trip on the 16th looks promising.

Ram, hope you had a good ride, groomer back out to-nite if you guys need an early morning rip! My pond still needs shoveling!

LIVIN'

Very encouraging.:) Just curious, is trail 16 going to be opened this year or are they logging on it again?

16 is closed due to logging for this season. Get out and ride today on the rail trail! got groomed last nite and should be good to go! Head lake in Hali is staked

LIVIN'

Any ice conditions for moose and eagle and redstone? Hoping to ride that way next weekend to connect to tall pines, or should I take the B trail?

Just up on Eagle checking the cottage , there is a well beaten path along where the trail is usually staked.

Waked out a bit, slushy near shore, with about 6 inches new snow from Sat.

Going into the deep freeze again on Tuesday,Wed , minus 20s, so should be good to go on weekend.

Lakes are usually staked with about 12" good ice.

Thanks Guppy! Redstone should be close too.

Anyone know how Kennisis lake is and has anyone been on the B from Haliburton area and west?

Sorry guys, been busy...

viperrules700 Moose and Eagle will be checked again on Wednesday

guppy all our lakes are very slushy but have good ice

chandos__rob the B trail is not open as of today

there is no report for Kinnisis or Redstone as of today

LIVIN'

keep us posted nice updates Livn'

X2 thanks livin'

Packing operations are nearly complete for most major trails! All lakes that can be staked are nearly complete. I will update our trail status tomorrow, which gives plenty of time to plan your weekend ride.

LIVIN'

Packing operations are nearly complete for most major trails! All lakes that can be staked are nearly complete. I will update our trail status tomorrow, which gives plenty of time to plan your weekend ride.

LIVIN'

Thats awesome, I am excited to get out for the first ride of the year.

Coming up to Hali to pick up a new sled Friday morning.  Watching this topic anxiously as it would be great to spend the day riding bush and lake trails rather than running the rail line. 

Archived