Kincardine to Midland for lunch?

ecarnell

Very true! As long as he was riding within in his comfort zone than it is fine.

I'm actually sitting in Durham Timmy's right now warming up and having a coffee - about 12hrs earlier in the day I was sitting here doing the same thing....

Over 300 miles so far (didn't look before I came in) and have at least another 69 more miles to go before home (pending which way I run).

Should be home before 10pm.

Glad to hear you made it safe and sound.

Impressive day!!! Glad it all went well.

393.4 total miles on the OD.

12.6 run time hours

Nice run ecarnell.  Glad you made it safe and sound.  Now, did you get any pics?  I won't be able to get on my sled for at least a week now so some pics to drool over would be just awesome.   :icon_photo:

Great run!

I too would require a couple days to recover from a epic trip like that.

Congrats!

Wow... tip of the helmet... some mention not being able to walk the next day... I'm not sure how long I would be out for but it would be a while. Let me guess this is just a warm up training run for Cain's Quest at 3300 KM

http://cainsquest.com/documents/registration/

I took me a couple of days to recover from our 260 Km day last Saturday.  First ride of the season, but it was good pain :-)

I took me a couple of days to recover from our 260 Km day last Saturday.  First ride of the season, but it was good pain :-)

That is correct.  There is only two kinds of good pain and sledding is one of them.  LOL

I think I would be really sore if I was on my old 1200 GSX. The 800 with the split rails is just fantastic.

I had some overheating issues for first half of the day . Thought trails were that hard, though looks like previous owner had cut two inches off the flap. Any suspension setting above 2 would hear up in certain low snow conditions (I usually ride af 4).

No real pics as phone was freezing up in pant pocket. Even tried to charge in tank bag - but she would freeze up and shut down.

How many miles is the RAP tour?

I believe the rap tour is around 640 miles.

Never done it, just what I read and heard.

About 20 years ago I rode from KW area to Tobermory 265 miles in one day during new years weekend. 

Your 393 mile day at this time of year is flat out impressive. 

Well done. 

wow...thats alot of miles in a day,well done...what kind of polaris do you have ?

The Tobermory run was done on a 1987 Indy 600 triple.

My current ride is a 2012 Polaris IQLX turbo

on a 97 indy 300 miles is amazing...400 that ecarnell is also amazing,specially so early in the season...in the dam cold

1987 not 1997. 

87 sorry...thinking had 87 exciter,,,could do 300..but my 87 jag would not cut it...don t think i could do 300 anymore...lol

Me neither. 

Archived