Kincardine to Midland for lunch?

ecarnell

Plan on leaving 5:15 or so tomorrow morning. Hoping to meet up with dad and friends trailering to Singhampton (approx 9:30 am).

Plan on lunch in midland then turnaround home.

Should be a long long day >350 miles on mostly yellow trails.

Hoping trails are in reasonable shape and the 800 gets better gas mileage than the 1200!

Let's hope my back and I make it!

Trails around That area are pretty good. Here in cold water we got 16 inches of fresh snow overnight

I know that route well.... but wouldn't recommend it all in one round trip. I have gone from Port Severn to Elmvale and Wasaga then back. I have gone from Elmvale to Singhampton and done a loop through Wasaga and back but what you are suggesting is really aggressive for early season and probably high traffic with so many being off this week. The C trail from Elmvale to Perkinsfield is a long highly used straight stretch of trail that I have rarely found to be anything other than washboard. There is often so much traffic it gets beat up real quick. 601 & 301 also gets a lot of traffic at times as it is a shorter route into the beach from Wyevale. You also have to watch for speed and the OPP on the trails. The OPP have an office in Wasaga and in Elmvale.

If you are setting out on your sleds from Singhampton at 9:30 or 10:00 in the morning you will be getting back in the dark for sure. I would suggest trailering a bit further to either Stayner or Wasaga. If you go to Wasaga you can travel east on 26 from Stayner to Klondike Park Rd which runs north from 26. There is a large navy blue silo visible for quite a distance on the north west corner of 26 & Klondike Park Rd. Klondike Park Rd. and Power Line Rd. is the Wasaga Sports Park and the club house for the local snowmobile club. There is lots of parking and the trail is right there.

I know that route well.... but wouldn't recommend it all in one round trip. I have gone from Port Severn to Elmvale and Wasaga then back. I have gone from Elmvale to Singhampton and done a loop through Wasaga and back but what you are suggesting is really aggressive for early season and probably high traffic with so many being off this week. The C trail from Elmvale to Perkinsfield is a long highly used straight stretch of trail that I have rarely found to be anything other than washboard. There is often so much traffic it gets beat up real quick. 601 & 301 also gets a lot of traffic at times as it is a shorter route into the beach from Wyevale. You also have to watch for speed and the OPP on the trails. The OPP have an office in Wasaga and in Elmvale.

If you are setting out on your sleds from Singhampton at 9:30 or 10:00 in the morning you will be getting back in the dark for sure. I would suggest trailering a bit further to either Stayner or Wasaga. If you go to Wasaga you can travel east on 26 from Stayner to Klondike Park Rd which runs north from 26. There is a large navy blue silo visible for quite a distance on the north west corner of 26 & Klondike Park Rd. Klondike Park Rd. and Power Line Rd. is the Wasaga Sports Park and the club house for the local snowmobile club. There is lots of parking and the trail is right there.

I wasn't planning on trailering - hence the 5:15am start. Rest of the crew will be trailering down to singhampton from gravenhurst and new market area and we will then all leave together for the day ride.

I know I'll be riding more in dark than light tomorrow.

Heading for a little ride inland from Kincardine early afternoon today - probably to Hanover and back - so will see how bad the trails are from this end.

good luck

X2!

If I had to sled this way I would quit. You are talking 350 miles over 525kms roughly. That is half of some people's seasonal mileage, in one long day.

X2!

If I had to sled this way I would quit. You are talking 350 miles over 525kms roughly. That is half of some people's seasonal mileage, in one long day.

I have done many 350 mile days at question is the timing being so early in the year. Do not like to add pressure to the ride when I finally get a chance to ride I want to relax and enjoy the experience sure we set lofty goals but we also settle for less if circumstances dictate

I have done many 350 mile days at question is the timing being so early in the year. Do not like to add pressure to the ride when I finally get a chance to ride I want to relax and enjoy the experience sure we set lofty goals but we also settle for less if circumstances dictate

Totally agree.  If he was doing 350 miles on trails in February during the week would be a lot more reasonable.  I wish you luck ecarnell!!!  I hope you make it, but be CAREFUL!!  I hate the fact that it sounds like you will be riding in the dark by yourself too.   Man, please take it easy or change your plan a little.  :right_on:

C trail is washboard, my back still hurts from yesterday.

Figured it would be... I have only been on it once where it was in good shape and that was early in the morning. On the return trip it was done for. Too bad so many people have to treat the throttle lever like the flipper on a pin ball machine and chew it up. Is there somehing wrong with just keeping a steady speed and enjoying the ride?

Went for a 70 mile spin with a buddy - Kincardine to Walkerton - teas water then home. Lots of snow over blown on the trail but awesome to finally get out!

I've only put 60 or so miles on prior to that running the ditches into town and kids on the toboggan.

The 800 is much easier on the shoulders than the 1200 it appears.

Given the conditions improved inland, 5:15 start time is still on!

Dress warm and ride safe she's going to be a cold morning , let us know how you make out . 

Ran 68 miles to Durham for a coffee at Timmy's.

Continued on to singhampton - 122 miles 29l of fuel and meet up with the crew.

Road up to boston pizza now in midland - 178 miles Kincardine to midland.

Cold day - but great to be out!

Best trails were from Durham to markdale so far.

Time to fill my belly then turn around and do the same thing in reverse!

Ran 68 miles to Durham for a coffee at Timmy's.

Continued on to singhampton - 122 miles 29l of fuel and meet up with the crew.

Road up to boston pizza now in midland - 178 miles Kincardine to midland.

Cold day - but great to be out!

Best trails were from Durham to markdale so far.

Time to fill my belly then turn around and do the same thing in reverse!

Good for you ecarnell.  Also glad you made this post.  Keeps all of us informed here as to how you are doing.  Will wait for your pics and info when you arrive back home.  Trails must have been pretty darn good.  Wish I was able to get out there.  Damn!!!

Good for you ecarnell.  Also glad you made this post.  Keeps all of us informed here as to how you are doing.  Will wait for your pics and info when you arrive back home.  Trails must have been pretty darn good.  Wish I was able to get out there.  Damn!!!

With it this cold I doubt that there would have been much traffic.... pics... how would he have time for pics... for that distance I am going to guess he was too busy hustling to stop for pics. Besides a good chunk would have been in the dark

With it this cold I doubt that there would have been much traffic.... pics... how would he have time for pics... for that distance I am going to guess he was too busy hustling to stop for pics. Besides a good chunk would have been in the dark

You never know.  Some times you might be amazed.  I've taken many pics on my 357 mile run.  And that was in 1998.  So, don't count that out just yet.  He made pretty darn good time to Midland. Started at 5:18 and arrived at 12:35pm.  

Helmet cams do not require stopping, though.

Thank you sledjunk.  

You never know.  Some times you might be amazed.  I've taken many pics on my 357 mile run.  And that was in 1998.  So, don't count that out just yet.  He made pretty darn good time to Midland. Started at 5:18 and arrived at 12:35pm.  

Yes he did. Hope he was going 50km/h. That is when snowmobiling gets really dangerous. When you try and get somewhere very far and you just rush like crazy to do it, very disrespectful to others on the trail. 

Yes he did. Hope he was going 50km/h. That is when snowmobiling gets really dangerous. When you try and get somewhere very far and you just rush like crazy to do it, very disrespectful to others on the trail. 

Well if we do the math it works out legal.  LOL  300km is about 180 miles give or take.  Soooooooooo 50km @ 6hours is 300km.  LMAO  Include stop signs and looks safe to me for 180 miles in just over 7 hours.  :secret2:

Good point sledjunk... hope you are right and he has some good pics. I have to admire his "spunk". It's an aggressive ride for a day.

Well if we do the math it works out legal.  LOL  300km is about 180 miles give or take.  Soooooooooo 50km @ 6hours is 300km.  LMAO  Include stop signs and looks safe to me for 180 miles in just over 7 hours.  :secret2:

Very true! As long as he was riding within in his comfort zone than it is fine. 

Archived