North Bay, Kirkland Lake, Cochrane, Timmins, Sudbury, North Bay vs. RAP Tour

carman80

Good morning all,

I am planning a ride with 6 guys Feb. 18 - 21(Family Day long weekend) and was wondering which ride would be the best. Just wondering which would have the best trail conditions, the least traffic, and put the biggest smiles on our faces.

Looking forward to everyone's advice,

CARMAN80

We are doing the RAP tour next week starting on Thursday. We've already done KL, Timmins, Cochrane and the Rap is on my bucket list of things I want to do. You can't go wrong with the northern trails, they'll definelty bring a smile to your face. I'll be able to compare after. My guess is that there will be less traffic up north then some areas of the RAP. I suggest you book your rooms soon, we just booked ours and some places are already full.

we just came back from Gowganda , we did Kirkland Lake , Elk Lake , Shining Tree , north Sudbury , 800 Ks of stellar trails , tons of snow , and all clubs were groomed up , variety of trails in these areas also , the sledding does not get any better , I have some vids I might post up later tody

The plan is to leave home at 5am, be in Northbay for 8am for breakfast and drop sleds, and be riding for 9am so we wouldn't need accommodations in Northbay. Is there a safe place to leave trucks and trailers for 4 days?

Will be hard to find a place to drop, because it is the long weekend. Most lots will be full with peope staying there.

Any suggestions where I can drop and leave truck and trailer safely from Saturday 8am to Tuesday evening would be most appreciated.

Any suggestions where I can drop and leave truck and trailer safely from Saturday 8am to Tuesday evening would be most appreciated.

McCoy's on Portage Lake (used to be called The Portage) We've left our truck & trailer there for several days with no problems. They're on Peninsula Rd off of Trout Lake Road.

I'd do the Northern Ride before RAP.

just a small correction.....it's now called the portage again (new ownership this year) and it's on trout lake.

McCoy's on Portage Lake (used to be called The Portage) We've left our truck & trailer there for several days with no problems. They're on Peninsula Rd off of Trout Lake Road.

I'd do the Northern Ride before RAP.

I've done 1 & a half RAP tours (don't ask about the half). I'd like to do another 1, but the route is really weather dependant. It's almost a do it when the conditions are good. Not easy to plan ahead.

Locations to Park www.nbsc.ca Traiol Conditions

Why does everyone think it is okay to drop their truck and trailer at The Portage for a week without asking permission?

Do you have a number for The Portage so I can call and ask for permission?

Locations to Park www.nbsc.ca Traiol Conditions

Why does everyone think it is okay to drop their truck and trailer at The Portage for a week without asking permission?

i thru your name around there like we were brothers...we ate there twice on sunday...brecky was cold but after 1st round of trails...more then made up for it...lunch was great...put a couple of oc sticker there...

What do I know! I'm from Sudbury! :-)

I actually have called in the past and they said it wasn't a problem and I didn't need to call everytime. I didn't know they have new owners. I didn't park there when I went to Quebec the last 2 weekends but we did stop for dinner there on our way home. They were good to us, I try to return the favour!

I spoke to Dan, he sounds like a great guy. I told him we would eat breakfast there before we left and dinner when we returned. I figured that was the least I could do for allowing us to park there for 4 days.

Archived