Hearst Area Advice...

Abitibi

We are doing a day trip to Hearst from Cochrane and staying at the Companion that night.

Was curious if there are short loops or playground spots around Hearst that are worth exploring?

After a 300km from Cochrane not looking for anything too crazy but would love to hear if there is anything to check out in the area would be great

cheers

There are a number of interesting 'L' trails between Cochrane & Hearst that will lengthen your trip a bit but allow you to test to see if your steering still works.

I suggest to plan to stop at the Moonbeam Clubhouse for lunch. Great stop and great hospitality as well as supporting the club.

When running the A across the top,when u get to MoonB drop south and run there local trails they run pararell to the A and on your way back check there north side trail....some nice trails up there just of the A..

I would definetly hit the trails north of hearst. We rode them last year and they were awesome. Change of scenery from the A and the trails are always groomed to perfection since they see alot less traffic.

X 2...lots of fun to be had on those club trails to the north. :right_on:

We've never seen any wolves north of Hearst but 1 morning we saw several sets of tracks where a pack had walked along the trail.

L125, that loops around Remi Lake north of Moonbeam is closed this winter due to logging.

You can't go wrong w/ any of the side trails. Depending on our destination & if we're doubling back, we'll take TOP A 1 way & the side trails the other.

A local trail patroller warned us about moose on the L trails at sunset. Just a 'heads up', because westbound travel on some of those trails is directly into the sunset.

The trails are a blast. The Moonbeam clubhouse is special. A whole lot of pride in that area. Great to see.

I've got to chime in just in case all the people before me haven't convinced you that there is plenty of awesome riding off the Main Trail. Take the advice already given. The L's are wonderful. Grab the District map and plan loops and switching up the return trip. The other suggestion of staying 2 days in Hearst has merit as well for the opportunity to spend a day around the area. (if an extra day there can fit in your plans) Great trails !

A local trail patroller warned us about moose on the L trails at sunset. Just a 'heads up', because westbound travel on some of those trails is directly into the sunset.

The trails are a blast. The Moonbeam clubhouse is special. A whole lot of pride in that area. Great to see.

The only moose I've seen on TOP A was east of the Mattice clubhouse as we were heading to Hearst. No chance of a collision as it had wandered off into the bush after I stopped for the rest of the gang to catch up.

sounds good....we'll see how we do for time once we get into Hearst and go from there

Should be able to knock those 300km out pretty quickly

You will have to try very hard not to put the hammer down heading into Hearst. Those 300km fly by.....

Archived