OFSC TRAIL PASS AND FREE MAGAZINES

Turbo Doo

Ok, so i bought this years pass, and checked off the box for the free magazines, and i have not received one yet. Anyone else have this problem?, or am i the only one?. Had this happen last year as well. I bought the pass from the New Dundee Snowmobile Club..

Thanks...

what magazines did you expect?

i get go snowmobiling and supertrax

Nothing yet and I bought my pass mid Nov!

i have never checked the box but like i said i get Supertrax and GoSnowmobiling magazines free !

seems odd one wouldnt just get them for buying the permit regardless.

You won't see any magazines until spring if you are lucky and maybe not until next year based on what I've seen in the past.

The permit application you filled out goes to the club in early December, then to the Golden Triangle where the secretary enters the information that is on the forms into the computer. Since there are almost 2000 of these to be entered, this process takes until close to Xmas to complete. The extra information required on the form this year makes this process more of a job as does the fact that the IT Wizard (term used loosely) in Barrie didn't upgrade their server and so now we go from 2 minutes entry time per permit to a much longer time.

Anyway, by the time the magazine gets the info., processes it and the next magazine comes out it'll be a while.

the latest issue i have from supertrax is their december 2011 issue

I get mine, but it might be based on last years permit?

I get mine, but it might be based on last years permit?

Ahhh yes you're right on that one I believe.

Yes, this is really an unfortunate circumstance. Both magazines are quite well done and informative.

you don't check the box on the inner sheet you don't get the mags.

Also it takes almost a year to get on the mailing list.

There should be a way to register yourself on line with your Permit Number directly with the OFSC mailing list. Sounds easy to do in this new world of everything on line.

The advertisers would love it with more readers getting their product.

Snowmobiling would benefit with members more informed about OFSC, etc.

Yes, this is really an unfortunate circumstance. Both magazines are quite well done and informative.

you don't check the box on the inner sheet you don't get the mags.

Also it takes almost a year to get on the mailing list.

There should be a way to register yourself on line with your Permit Number directly with the OFSC mailing list. Sounds easy to do in this new world of everything on line.

The advertisers would love it with more readers getting their product.

Snowmobiling would benefit with members more informed about OFSC, etc.

Thats a good idea it would give those who did not understand the current form a chance to include themselves.

Ok, so i bought this years pass, and checked off the box for the free magazines, and i have not received one yet. Anyone else have this problem?, or am i the only one?. Had this happen last year as well. I bought the pass from the New Dundee Snowmobile Club..

Thanks...

If you got it last year it is because you released your name to be included. it has to be done every year. If this is the first year you signed you won't get the mags until next fall.

Guys, IQ bought a permit last season as well & he still hasn't gotten any magazines this season.

I think the online sign up would be great & a time saver too. Put a message & URL right on the slip of paper your permit is stuck to.

"To receive the next 4 issues of Supertrax magazine go to www.supertraxmag.com/permit and register online" Once @ the website you would be directed to enter the pertinent info & permit number. The process would bypass the club, district & OFSC offices & take the permit buyer right to the magazine or whoever looks after their circulation. One less job for the staffers to do.

Mind you w/ the MTO involved and/or personal privacy concerns this might not be allowed :rolleyes: .

Every year we see folks on here that are repeat permit buyers posting that they haven't gotten any magazines. Brothers I know didn't get magazines for 2 or 3 seasons. Turns out the individual @ the club wasn't bothering to turn the info into the dist' or OFSC. This was long before the oversize form attached to the permit was developed.

I just sent the above to Supertrax - they should help drive this as it isd to their nenefit and to their advertisers.

We seem to have an agreement on something. Well done.

e mail sent to ofsc too

I'd better register that URL fast! When the Kehoes find out I own it, it'll cost them dearly to buy it from me. LOL

Seriously, let me know if you hear anything back. I think it's an idea that can't ignore.

I'd better register that URL fast! When the Kehoes find out I own it, it'll cost them dearly to buy it from me. LOL

Seriously, let me know if you hear anything back. I think it's an idea that can't ignore.

Supertrax is owned by the Lesters not the Kehoes.

Supertrax is owned by the Lesters not the Kehoes.

:oops:

You know who I meant.

I recieved my mags, not sure if it's from this years permit or last but was disapointed not to get an Ontario map, Quebec map is nice but I will never use it. I hope Quebec and not the OFSC is paying for this map to be sent out, If they are it seems kind of crazy to not promote Ontario. Would rather see that money go to the trails.

I recieved my mags, not sure if it's from this years permit or last but was disapointed not to get an Ontario map, Quebec map is nice but I will never use it. I hope Quebec and not the OFSC is paying for this map to be sent out, If they are it seems kind of crazy to not promote Ontario. Would rather see that money go to the trails.

Likely the Federal Government and Government of Quebec heavily subsidized the FMCQ trail Map mailing to Ontario sledders, although I'm guessing.

Guys, IQ bought a permit last season as well & he still hasn't gotten any magazines this season.

I think the online sign up would be great & a time saver too. Put a message & URL right on the slip of paper your permit is stuck to.

"To receive the next 4 issues of Supertrax magazine go to www.supertraxmag.com/permit and register online" Once @ the website you would be directed to enter the pertinent info & permit number. The process would bypass the club, district & OFSC offices & take the permit buyer right to the magazine or whoever looks after their circulation. One less job for the staffers to do.

Mind you w/ the MTO involved and/or personal privacy concerns this might not be allowed :rolleyes: .

Every year we see folks on here that are repeat permit buyers posting that they haven't gotten any magazines. Brothers I know didn't get magazines for 2 or 3 seasons. Turns out the individual @ the club wasn't bothering to turn the info into the dist' or OFSC. This was long before the oversize form attached to the permit was developed.

Thanks revrnd..

Archived