Elk Lake Trails

turbojamie

Whats the status up there? I packed from long point to elk lake and back when I was up there over xmas. I see they have been getting snow since and snow all next week. When I left there was enough to make a pass through with the bigger machine forsure.

Has any more packing or anything been done? Im planning on coming up next weekend and hoping to ride.

I would like to know also Jamie , havent heard anything from Ron or the shining tree club

I would like to know also Jamie , havent heard anything from Ron or the shining tree club

Just spoke to Gisselle at Quicks in Goganda.......no grooming has been done, just packing. Not enough snow yet. Urs took the groomer out to pack and get the feel of the machine.

KELLY

Wow. That area was low on snow last year too. What a bummer. Hopefully that will change soon.

We have been picking up a few cm's regularly lately and it is adding up slowly . Hopefully we get what is forcasted and if we do it will definatly help. If we get another 10 cm's the plan is to pack with the groomer to elk lake ( probably early next week) . Definatly was not enough snow over the holidays to put the tractor on the trail to elk lake. There are many road sections but the rock sections need about 2 feet minimum. The tractor did go toward shining tree about a week ago. If we get what is forcasted it will probably be enough to make that trail ride worthy. Like I said , we are picking up a little almost every day and work is starting . Hopefully we get a little more snow.

Jamie I heard some guys sunk a side by side down by Elk lake on the trail around the holidays. Hope that wasn't your can am.

Ron

Ron. great to hear from you. Thanks for the detailed report. Hopefully mother nature finally cooperates.

Kevin

Hey One four

There really hasn't been much to report up to now. It's been a pretty quiet start to winter. NO big dumpings of snow in December, warmer than usual temps. We get a couple days of cold and then right back to 0 C. Not good for freezing creeks etc. Usually when it warms up we get the snows but not yet. The kids haven't even had a snow day from school yet. :icon_hyper:

Will update with pics as soon as things start happening.

Ron

Whats the status up there? I packed from long point to elk lake and back when I was up there over xmas. I see they have been getting snow since and snow all next week. When I left there was enough to make a pass through with the bigger machine forsure.

Has any more packing or anything been done? Im planning on coming up next weekend and hoping to ride.

Hi Jamie

When are you coming up? If you are up to a little more volunteer work , give me a call @ 705 624 3446. It will save some time breaking trail to Elk Lake. You mentioned last year you may want to do some grooming too. If still interested give Urs a call and maybe we can set that up while you are in the area tooo

Ron

Were sending Tom up to take care of the L136. Tom is bringing dynamite and signs. Good to hear snow coming slow but sure.

Any improvement in the conditions? We would like to do a North Bay - Shining Tree - New Liskeard - North Bay loop in 2 weeks. Any information anyone could provide would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hey I plan on going up in two weeks also kinda a coinsidence since we're both from Akron

Hey I plan on going up in two weeks also kinda a coinsidence since we're both from Akron

Welcome to the OC Forum Akronsnow - I had suspected that AkronOrange had lost his member/password or something like that and had re-listed. But, obviously, that's not the case. Hope you enjoy it here - lots of great info, good people and great socializing. ENJOY !

Fire in East Tonawanda - Film at 11 !

Hi Jamie

When are you coming up? If you are up to a little more volunteer work , give me a call @ 705 624 3446. It will save some time breaking trail to Elk Lake. You mentioned last year you may want to do some grooming too. If still interested give Urs a call and maybe we can set that up while you are in the area tooo

Ron

Hey Ron

Missed this message just got back, we put on 550 miles this weekend around the area. We packed to town and back a few times and its pretty solid!

As for the sunk Can Am, umm yup that was ours nothing a new spindle, balljoints and tie rod end didn't fix. Like Urs said no good deed goes unpunished.

Thanks STG , I do like the forums here, I've been checking this site since last year I just don't post much, Been all over Ontario for the past 15 years and have to say they are some of the best trails I've ever been on. I would like to extend a special thanks to ALL the clubs and members that put in the hard work to make the trails so nice.

Thanks STG , I do like the forums here, I've been checking this site since last year I just don't post much, Been all over Ontario for the past 15 years and have to say they are some of the best trails I've ever been on. I would like to extend a special thanks to ALL the clubs and members that put in the hard work to make the trails so nice.

Hey Fellow Akron,

Welcome to the forum. Sorry I haven't replied sooner. We too have been all over Ontario. Each year we typically do a loop from North Bay to Shining Tree to New Liskeard then back to North Bay. It appears that this year we need to start in New Liskeard and do a more northern loop because it doesn't appear that "C" will be open.

Send me a PM when you have your plans and maybe we can get together for one of those fine Canadian Lagers. If not have a great, safe ride.

Any new info on Conditions in Gowganda as of 18JAN12

Hey Akronsnow its good to hear you're on the trail. Look forward to siting around an X or 2. Keep an eye out for AO and I on a pair of AC Turbos. A word of caution, watch out for slow moving objects on the right side of the trail, it may be a mouse. :-P:rotflmao::cheers:

Trail from long point to elk lake is groomed first pass and in great shape used it all weekend to get to the other trails. Its alot of dirty terrain along there so its good IMO. The trails that golden eagle are doing are in perfect shape they made a pass early sunday by the look of it I was the only one on it sunday evening not another track.

Archived