D5 got hit.

Viperules700

Finally some good news. We received a solid foot of snow over the last 12 hours. We now have a base in top of district 5 parts south end of 9. Kids are out sliding down the high banks in town. Should be opening soon.

Snow starts at highway 86. There is a foot just north west of listowel.

You guys are lucky!! Enjoy it!

We will be watching the weather and conditions for the weekend. If things open up, we'll be visiting this area. Keep the posts coming.

Suppose to warm up, which will make a great base, proving it doesn't rain again. There were a few tracks down the trail. Ditches are full and you can only see the very top of the corn stalks and tips on ploughed fields. I can see this area opening up sometime next week, if weather co-operates.

Yeah, I live in London and rode about 80 km today of road shoulders, ditches and edges of cornfields also. Thursday looks good for packing this fluff that just blows off the trail if one sled passes, but Friday looks scary. (Komoka to Ilderton)

Really hoping that top end of D5 / bottom of D9 does open. If anyone there can pm me it they hear anything, I'd really appreciate it.

Calling for +4 C this weekend with mixed rain/snow....lets hope for snow and get these trails opened.

Yeah, I live in London and rode about 80 km today of road shoulders, ditches and edges of cornfields also. Thursday looks good for packing this fluff that just blows off the trail if one sled passes, but Friday looks scary. (Komoka to Ilderton)

Really hoping that top end of D5 / bottom of D9 does open. If anyone there can pm me it they hear anything, I'd really appreciate it.

Keep an eye on the OFSC site for trails opening.

uggggg, send some east PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

-18c this morning and nothing but grass (and not the funny stuff)

I hear yeah.South end of 5 has nothing but green grass too. With the warm up coming we will loose some snow for sure. Next week is going to just below freezing, we may get lots of lake effect and then hopefully a cold snap.

Mossy you must have snow now???? Guessing at least a foot?? Must be out riding, haven't seen any updates fir abit.

Mossy you must have snow now???? Guessing at least a foot?? Must be out riding, haven't seen any updates fir abit.

No not riding yet. I wish I had time to go out for a while. We got 6-8 around here. Exeter and Hensal got more there.

anything, any news at all from the western front?

Still a little around but not a typical january!

Still a little around but not a typical january!

Oh well Mossy, you can always turn to soapbox races on the Vap.

Oh well Mossy, you can always turn to soapbox races on the Vap.

No more soap box cars we use riding lawn mowers.

I looked at the weather and next week is mild too. Seems it is going to be another week before it gets colder. Grrrrrtrrr.

• 2 weeks later...

What is this white stuff on my lawn today? Couple inches fell today in K/W wellesley area, keep it coming!

Welcome to the forum, Atomic! Hopefully we'll all be able to ride soon.

Don't get to excited no frost in the ground at all. I was blowing and plowing snow today, edges of drive ways grass will peel up real easy.

-10 and squaling on my way home from work tonight! I've got my fingers crossed!

Archived