Dubreuilville Alouettes trail update. Jan 3rd 2012

The Groomer Guy

Updates on our trails

D trail east was groomed 2 times needs to be re done, first part out of town is Bad.

D trails West is now Done I was going to post it open but I noticed on my way back there is a missing stop sign at a road xing and Until I go back I can't open the trail. but I cant go this week.

D108A is open and is good, the 100 mile loop is groomed and packed but there is missing signs so I can't open it.

Next to do is the F trail up to the pwerline but I don't know when I will be able to head out and do it.

Our trails could be all listed as open but there is little details that need to be done before we can open them. we have lot's of snow.

I don't If I will have time to head out this week on the trails, so Not sure if anything will get done, I've basicly have had no help on the trails well I had 2 guys go out and packed the big loop when I was gone that it.

Trail opening this year has been HELL... I've never seen this bad in 15 years of grooming, usualy the white river trail takes me about 12 hours to do this time I did it in 4 shots, The first 20km of the D108A trail I packed 3 times and cut brush on it but there is still more to cut. I loose alot of time stoping and cutting stuff or just slowing done stoping and constantly pushing trees of the trail... its so time comsuming. It's Already the first week of jan and I'm already burnt out, I'm not expecting to do much for the rest of the week, I've lost my motivation. Oh yeah tank you the the person that helped with the water problem on the trail D you know who you are, thanks lol hopping the water will go down and solve that problem.

The D trail work cutting the fallen brush.

it's like this all the time, trees... brush sapplings down...

december20th014-1.jpg

december20th012-1.jpg

FILE0073.jpg

FILE0074.jpg

FILE0080.jpg

FILE0081.jpg

FILE0079.jpg

Where is best place to stay in Dubreuilville. I have 5 guys riding from Hearst to Dubreuilville on Sunday. Is there any places with heated garage for sleds?

Thanks for all you and the others have done to open the trails!

Sorry I could not do more than just break off the parts that were small as I was not equipted this year. We rode a combined 1800 miles around your area last week. I did move lots of small ones and my daughter was glad to run up and lend a hand.

I am going to buy a folding saw, clipper and hatchet. All the things I can carry to get through the small stuff.

Some of things everyone can help with are the small hangers that can be easily moved or broken. I also carry warning tape which allows me to mark dangers I cannot fix. Also small logs or rocks that are loose in the trail can be moved off, but again use caution and don't stop in a bad place.

Letting everyone in the group know you plan to stop when you see things to fix and give lots of warning before slowing to be safe!

I

Where is best place to stay in Dubreuilville. I have 5 guys riding from Hearst to Dubreuilville on Sunday. Is there any places with heated garage for sleds?

Call Eric Levesque (705) 856-5858

Thanks for all you and the others have done to open the trails!

Sorry I could not do more than just break off the parts that were small as I was not equipted this year. We rode a combined 1800 miles around your area last week. I did move lots of small ones and my daughter was glad to run up and lend a hand.

I am going to buy a folding saw, clipper and hatchet. All the things I can carry to get through the small stuff.

Some of things everyone can help with are the small hangers that can be easily moved or broken. I also carry warning tape which allows me to mark dangers I cannot fix. Also small logs or rocks that are loose in the trail can be moved off, but again use caution and don't stop in a bad place.

Letting everyone in the group know you plan to stop when you see things to fix and give lots of warning before slowing to be safe!

I

Hey Scott, what you did while riding helped I could see where you guys snaped some. Thank you Thw bes thing for that is a small hack Blade, we use them and they work good better than an axe, when I'm out and doing that kind of stuff on my sled I ride with in on the foot weel and just grab it quick and give it a wack, most are cute in one shot then you are off again... if every one would do a few here and there it would same so much work.... I've talked to club members that went out on a ride and they said " yeah theres lot's of brush down..." I asked. did you cute some that where right hanging in the trail? or snaped a few on the way?" " errrrrr no we just went around them... firgure you would take care of them when you pass by" D'uh....

I lose alot of time stoping and cutting stuff or just slowing done stoping and constantly pushing trees of the trail... its so time comsuming. I

Luc,

Do you think a group of us could come up next fall to assist? When (if) you were out last October/November on ATV's, were the trees down, or is this a December event?

You know the logistics (can trucks get on the trail ?... atv's required??... babysitting yahoos from Toronto....working around hunting season) - but I suspect many of us would be glad to spend some time up there assisting next year.

Another alternative would be to plan for a post-Christmas 'trail packing/trail opening' in your area. Bring the sleds, with gear, and proceed ahead of you.

Thanks for everything you do.

Luc,

Do you think a group of us could come up next fall to assist? When (if) you were out last October/November on ATV's, were the trees down, or is this a December event?

You know the logistics (can trucks get on the trail ?... atv's required??... babysitting yahoos from Toronto....working around hunting season) - but I suspect many of us would be glad to spend some time up there assisting next year.

Another alternative would be to plan for a post-Christmas 'trail packing/trail opening' in your area. Bring the sleds, with gear, and proceed ahead of you.

Thanks for everything you do.

The best thing would be Post-Christmas trail packing trail opening, could do signs and cut the brush at the same time. but if you guys could come in the summer or fall that would be great too. some area are hard to get too in the summer.

That would so cool :)

Like Scott Said Call Eric Levesque (705) 856-5858 there is also Sleep Inn chez gaston. you can check my blog I have a post on all of that.

i carry and use the sandvik every ride. work AWESOME. Ski

This is the Perfect tool for the job. Groomer Guy Aprooved :)

Swedish-style clearing axe from Bahco

Clearing20Ax.jpg

Ah, that brings back memories. First used one around 1979 or 1980 when I was a Junior Ranger for the MNR @ Halfway Lk Provincial Park(between Sudbury and Gogama).

Ah, that brings back memories. First used one around 1979 or 1980 when I was a Junior Ranger for the MNR @ Halfway Lk Provincial Park(between Sudbury and Gogama).

My Girlfriend family camp there every summer, I spent a week there last summer, nice place.

Well... to add more problems to this bad opening season I was just told that some trucks went up trail 7 on our side to the camps and they made big deep ruts in the trail, the guy said it was deep snow and would get stuck with the 4x4 they had to some times pull each other out...one of the trucks had a BIG lift kit and big tires so its going to be deep ruts..... now that we got some cold its going to be a pain to to take all those frozen ruts out... I'm going to have to dig deep all the way to get ride of that. He also said that the was lots of brush down that they had to cut but still lots on the trail they only made it wide for theTundra truck to pass. So I wont be goin going to try to open up that trail for a while... not before the rest of the other trails are open... agrrrrr it never stops..

Snowing again today so far we got a few inches of good snow and it's still coming down. Heading out to groom the first section out of town on the D trail right after work tonight at 10pm. My plan was to go groom up to dog lake but our mayor called for a special meeting early in the morning so that plan is not going to work, I was expecting to sleep then go to work at the store at 1pm.

Roger from the Chapleau club called me and said that the club groomers had made it up to Dalton, they need to go back and cut some brush and fallen trees and work on signs after that they will have the trail posted as open soon. we still have to go out and pack up to dog lake and then drive the groomer to missanabie then do the 32km to dalton..... I expect our end to be full of down trees and branches as that trail has lot's of brush along side of the trail...... it's going to be hell... a long 32kms to groom, I hope I get some help to that one or Il'l be there for a few days.

Snowing again today so far we got a few inches of good snow and it's still coming down. Heading out to groom the first section out of town on the D trail right after work tonight at 10pm. My plan was to go groom up to dog lake but our mayor called for a special meeting early in the morning so that plan is not going to work, I was expecting to sleep then go to work at the store at 1pm.

Roger from the Chapleau club called me and said that the club groomers had made it up to Dalton, they need to go back and cut some brush and fallen trees and work on signs after that they will have the trail posted as open soon. we still have to go out and pack up to dog lake and then drive the groomer to missanabie then do the 32km to dalton..... I expect our end to be full of down trees and branches as that trail has lot's of brush along side of the trail...... it's going to be hell... a long 32kms to groom, I hope I get some help to that one or Il'l be there for a few days.

Hi Luc,

You may have to do a little pushing of trees going over and may need a chain saw for one on that last road out of the Game Preserve.

I am sure your right about the 32 km of F Trail to Dalton from Missanabie. With all those hills and brush, it will be a time consuming workout !

On Thursday the 12th I am heading up to the Sault. I may run through to Chapleau on Friday and then run the F Trail from Chapleau to Dubreuilville. Depending on the adventure of the new "Wilderness Trail" , I may stay in Chapleau Friday night before continuing over. My daughter and I broke trail through to Hornepayne, H&C Family Lodge on Hwy 17, and 60 miles to Missanabie last week. This will be a bit farther, but the wide roads should be open with only a few possible tree falls to block the way. Last season there was only one tree top in the way.

Hope to see you that weekend. I will cut some of the remaining brush on the way, since I have bought some tools to carry for cutting. It would have been nice to have the tools last week!

Hope you get some help with the F Trail.

Scott

Archived