Snow in Orillia

Oro Guy

Well we finally got some snow! We sent out one of our groomers today to pack the rail line from Orillia to Coldwater (B105C). Looked to be in fairly good shape from what I could see when I drove by earlier. Hoping it doesn't warm up like they say its supposed to over the weekend. I'm also hoping to get out this weekend or beginning of next week to pack the other rail line from Orillia to Barrie (B112B) Oro Township still has center posts in this trail, so plan on trying to get them out tmw to help them out since those guys are on holidays this week. Heard Georgian Bay club got out grooming yesterday as well so things are kinda looking up for some ESP trails in District 8. Stay tuned to our ODSC website for info on some limited trails if it happens to stay cold and keep snowing!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the update and the work you have done so far. Looking forward to some sledding in your area.

Getting out anywhere close would be great!

Might have to drive out to the Ganny!!!

RAM where abouts in Oakville are you?

Cheers!!

Was over east of cooch today and it's nice to see that side of the lake getting as much snow as the west side for a change.We have a good 15 cm plus so far today and counting in Orillia.Right now another good system is over top of us and it is just snow snow and more snow!

Kerry

I'm at Trafalger and White Oaks.

Well we got more snow which is great! All 3 of our groomers were out today packing trail. I did a section of the B112B rail line which turned out great. Hoping to keep groomers going all week. Hopefully some limited trails around here later in the week!

Well we got more snow which is great! All 3 of our groomers were out today packing trail. I did a section of the B112B rail line which turned out great. Hoping to keep groomers going all week. Hopefully some limited trails around here later in the week!

that is great news...will be nice to get some local trails open....thx

Hey there oro guy how are we looking for this weekend

Hey there pro guy how are we looking for this weekend

Looks like it could rain again on Friday. With the mild temps trails won't last. Bummer

Looks like it could rain again on Friday. With the mild temps trails won't last. Bummer

Does your glass EVER get to be half full????

seen groomer intown packin by curling club & out towards rama....see couch frozen over now...starting to shape up....way to go guys

I guess the rail lines are often 'first'.

Great job!

all of B112B is packed/groomed. not a whole lot of snow in orillia when i was there today. still trying to figure out one section of trail in town before we open any of that trail. its table top smooth though out in oro. one of the other groomers went up through moonstone (B205C) today. haven't heard what kind of shape it was in. the east side boys have been out doing what they can in ramara. hoping the warm weather holds off this weekend so at least our two rail lines can be put to limited.

all of B112B is packed/groomed. not a whole lot of snow in orillia when i was there today. still trying to figure out one section of trail in town before we open any of that trail. its table top smooth though out in oro. one of the other groomers went up through moonstone (B205C) today. haven't heard what kind of shape it was in. the east side boys have been out doing what they can in ramara. hoping the warm weather holds off this weekend so at least our two rail lines can be put to limited.

barrie is also grooming....nice if railbed between barrie & orillia is open....

thats good you guys are out. we're going to check tomorrow night at the D8 meeting if you guys want us to groom to shanty bay so then whole rail line can be open.

thats good you guys are out. we're going to check tomorrow night at the D8 meeting if you guys want us to groom to shanty bay so then whole rail line can be open.

we left the heat on for you guys tomorrow...can`t see boys against that...barrie added trail from 422 to hook up with 201....nice loop...sweet for the oro gang

we left the heat on for you guys tomorrow...can`t see boys against that...barrie added trail from 422 to hook up with 201....nice loop...sweet for the oro gang

right on thats awesome about the trail. i heard yesterday about something happening from the guy in charge of the county forests. good job!

when you say d8...you mean`` most``...know there is a meeting tonite....seen br-180 out on east side this aft...

I like OroGuys avatar.

Linking trails.

Well done

when you say d8...you mean`` most``...know there is a meeting tonite....seen br-180 out on east side this aft...

our club is a stand alone club and not part of 'most'. all three groomers were out again today. have majority of trails packed now.

for more up to date info on ODSC other then just me...... check out our website http://www.sledorillia.com/ and we now have a facebook page you can 'like' at http://www.facebook....tsnowmobileclub. looks like everyone in district 8 is planning on remaining closed this weekend do to the warm weather expected on friday. trying to preserve our slim bases we have out there. need snow!! but you never know what might happen. we'll have lasted news on our website if anything opens and on ofsc map

for more up to date info on ODSC other then just me...... check out our website http://www.sledorillia.com/ and we now have a facebook page you can 'like' at http://www.facebook....tsnowmobileclub. looks like everyone in district 8 is planning on remaining closed this weekend do to the warm weather expected on friday. trying to preserve our slim bases we have out there. need snow!! but you never know what might happen. we'll have lasted news on our website if anything opens and on ofsc map

checked out your facebook...well done

Archived