Easy Hitch

Irv

Purchased one of these last year for twice the price and they work great imo!

Just go the the media part and watch the video, it works that slick.

Princess Auto has them on sale next week for $14.99, no need for 2 people to help hook up your sled, utility or RV trailer again.

http://easyhitch.net/

Purchased one of these last year for twice the price and they work great imo!

Just go the the media part and watch the video, it works that slick.

Princess Auto has them on sale next week for $14.99, no need for 2 people to help hook up your sled, utility or RV trailer again.

http://easyhitch.net/

Looks pretty slick. Would it telescope high enough to be visible over the tailgate of a pickup ?

- The guy is from Bowmanville too!

- He was the CBC show Dragon's Den.

Looks pretty slick. Would it telescope high enough to be visible over the tailgate of a pickup ?

Yep, I have a 09 Sierra with the higher type factory tonnaue cover and I can still see it. It wouldn't hurt if it was an inch higher but with me being only 5'8", I still see it fine.

- The guy is from Bowmanville too!

- He was the CBC show Dragon's Den.

Seen that episode too, he was one of the lucky ones where he actually had one of the Dragon's endorse/come on board with him.

Thanks Irv....might save a marriage one day, particularly if spouse is not around!!

If you do something, and your spouse is not around, how can you be doing it wrong?

(to paraphrase a wiseman (wiseguy) from last weekend :-D)

Thanks Irv....might save a marriage one day, particularly if spouse is not around!!

I know what you mean!

My 2 neighbors to the left and right of me have a hell of a time with their wive's! (I would love to get it on video, it is that hilarious)

I cannot for the life of me figure out why it is so difficult for them to back their husbands up to their trailers?

My wife isn't as bad as them but I use to use my 10yr old son more than her as he just knew better and could guide me back better than her for some reason?

I find the easy hitch so much easier now, I have no need for either my wife or son to come out in the cold and back me in or if they weren't available, it saves me multiple trips back and forth to the truck trying to get it lined up :right_on:

great idea thanks :idea: for the heads-up.:right_on:I will use something like that !

• 2 weeks later...

Only one problem as it turns out.....

When I installed the trailer hitch on my truck a couple of years ago, decided no more rust and got a stainless steel bar and hitch ball with a gift certificate from Can Tire.

The Easy Hitch is held on by a magnet. Doesn't work with stainless steel.

And of course I ripped up the packaging .......:banghead:

Just install a back up camera in the vehicle. Super useful and they are pretty cheap these days.

What a Bargoon ! Picked it up last week. $14.99

I'm anticipating the emotional display of gratitude when TheIndomitable MRS.STG opens the package on Christmas morning !!

It will be SO much easier for her to get things hooked up this year! In fact, she'll probably have more time to do a better job clearing the lane.

Gawd, I spoil her.

I'm anticipating the emotional display of gratitude when TheIndomitable MRS.STG opens the package on Christmas morning !!

It will be SO much easier for her to get things hooked up this year! In fact, she'll probably have more time to do a better job clearing the lane.

Gawd, I spoil her.

Let me know which hospital and I will bring mine when I come to visit.

Just install a back up camera in the vehicle. Super useful and they are pretty cheap these days.

Not sure ms. slomo would want to sit in the box of the truck aiming and focussing the camera. I'll ask her about it though.

Only one problem as it turns out.....

When I installed the trailer hitch on my truck a couple of years ago, decided no more rust and got a stainless steel bar and hitch ball with a gift certificate from Can Tire.

The Easy Hitch is held on by a magnet. Doesn't work with stainless steel.

And of course I ripped up the packaging .......:banghead:

Two words

Duct Tape

Gawd, I spoil her.

Wait till you see her install it! It will be your own personal backup device.

Two words

Duct Tape

Seeing as there is a light layer of grease on the ball, I am not sure that your suggestion would go without a hitch......

<sigh> Break it up, you two !

Wild Bill must be tired....left him an opening a mile wide for one of his puns....

Anyway, have figured out a solution for anyone with stainless steel ball.....I purchased one of those stretch plastic ball protectors that fit over the hitch ball. The local blacksmith has forged a 1/2 inch iron disk of the same inner diameter as the hitch ball protector. The disk inserts up and into the ball protector, parallel to the top surface of the ball protector, prior to the ball protector being installed on the ball.

With the ball protector installed on the ball, the vehicle part of the aligning device will now magnetically fasten upright over the position of the ball.

The difference in height is a small adjustment of the trailer tongue jack of about 1.5 turns on the crank handle.

(On the occasion when I consider a change in careers, technical writing has been one of my options.)

BALLS..........WHAT A GREAT IDEA!!! :icon_naughty:

(On the occasion when I consider a change in careers, technical writing has been one of my options.)

I can picture you in an apron.

(instructing in the fine art of cooking schnitzel :-D)

:coffeespit:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Another one for the archives.

Archived