MSR report (Gravenhurst, Bracebridge etc.)

14 snow

Headed North today up D as per usual to Bracebridge. D south of the river wasn't bad and better north of the river as per usual. Visibility was poor and trails were lightly travelled.

At, D & 37 we headed Northward. 37 was stellar up to the junction of 33. From 33 to D is was rough and needs groomed. From there we continued out trek north (D was much better than 37) to 82 and east to 88. 88 was in great shape and windy enough to keep you on the ball. Since I was leading I also got to see about 12 deer on 88. What a site. A great ride over th HGR #50 south into Sydney's for lunch. Trails were great today! After lunch we were southbound on D all the way back home. The trails were so good you wouldn't have know it was 3 in the afternoon.

Overall, a nice 100 mile Sunday ride. With the exception of the north side of 37, the trails were the best I have seen them this year. Snow squalls were heavy most of the day from Kahshe lake to about hwy 141. Visibility was limited.

It's 9pm and still very windy, still snowing and -15. The snow was so hard, it was tough to follow snow banks at 20km so I turned around....it's better to be safe.

Thanks Rick.

We still decided to trailer to Liskeard and go...safer. Too many people also said don't go out on the North Channel to the island so we took alternate trip 2 instead.

Thanks Rick.

We still decided to trailer to Liskeard and go...safer. Too many people also said don't go out on the North Channel to the island so we took alternate trip 2 instead.

...................and the trail between the bridges. Not open yet, and can't wait to make commitments to lodging.

There's always next year :D

Here are a couple of pictures from today.

134_3858853327c584f390187fc4a2c06ea7

134_ff851736ad479cbbd36531aef3709dcf

134_0895316694236429fca18f7755412a80

Nice Pix, WunFer. Did you get any pictures of yesterday's run? I tried but my camera battery was dead. :cry:

And you call yourself a touring guy :whatever: Always charge the camera battery!!! :poke:

Archived