How are the trails Owen Sound, Southampton, Bruce Penninsula

tripper

With the mild weather today, how are the trails holding up?

We are supposed to come sledding in that area this coming weekend.

Thanks!

With the mild weather today, how are the trails holding up?

We are supposed to come sledding in that area this coming weekend.

Thanks!

Trails today...no problem. Wait and see how warm its gets next Thurs and Friday and how much rain we get! :angry-smiley-005::angry-smiley-005::angry-smiley-005::angry-smiley-005:

Yeah i dont think i would get too excited about sledding here next weekend yet.... :angry::banghead:

Yeah i dont think i would get too excited about sledding here next weekend yet.... :angry::banghead:

On the trails, what would you figure the average base thickness is?

On the trails, what would you figure the average base thickness is?

Probabily around 2 feet in most area's with higher traffic trails being, around 12" probabily. Warm weather this week, doesn't look good. Swamps will open back up again and grooming will come to a halt, especially if it rains.

Probabily around 2 feet in most area's with higher traffic trails being, around 12" probabily. Warm weather this week, doesn't look good. Swamps will open back up again and grooming will come to a halt, especially if it rains.

Without getting into it much...base, maybe 10-12 inches in good spots and its a sandy grainy base, not wet pack. And yes, everything underneath is very wet... You can kick a hole in the center of our trails right down to dirt...no hard base, not frozen.

That sucks!!! We where planning on riding from New Dundee to Owen Sound on Saturday :(.... Fingers cross

Wait until next weekend. It will be great again. Looks like lots of snow coming after the weekend. Go figure!

Clubs west of Owen Sound have decided to closed the trail system until Saturday morning. Included are Grey/Bruce East, Stoney Keppel Riders, Southampton and Central Bruce Penninsula.

We will re-open Saturday am either green or yellow I hope.

Clubs west of Owen Sound have decided to closed the trail system until Saturday morning. Included are Grey/Bruce East, Stoney Keppel Riders, Southampton and Central Bruce Penninsula.

We will re-open Saturday am either green or yellow I hope.

Thanks for the update Faceman. Wise to close during this warm spell. Hopefully things open up on Saturday. We have four rooms booked at Schenestone for the family day weekend. Keep us posted and come on cold weather!

Thanks for the update Faceman. Wise to close during this warm spell. Hopefully things open up on Saturday. We have four rooms booked at Schenestone for the family day weekend. Keep us posted and come on cold weather!

Unless they get new snow, the trails will be un rideable. There will be no snow left to groom, just an ice base of what is left. I rode from baden to hanover and back today. Brush trails are thin and done in most area's, road connections are brutal. Trails were good in most fields, with lots of snirt near every road crossing. I think we are finished until next week in district 5 and 9.

Unless they get new snow, the trails will be un rideable. There will be no snow left to groom, just an ice base of what is left. I rode from baden to hanover and back today. Brush trails are thin and done in most area's, road connections are brutal. Trails were good in most fields, with lots of snirt near every road crossing. I think we are finished until next week in district 5 and 9.

I live NE of wiarton, and there are lots of green patches appearing in the fields :angry-smiley-005: .Its not cooling down yet either.The roads are all bare as well :banghead: Its going to take a decent snowfall to get going again.Getting my Suzuki Vstrom back together today though! :poke2::lol:

Stick a fork in this season I think. Lost pretty much everything. Trails were absolutely awesome this year too, its too bad.

Interactive Map has this area as limited.

I'm thinking of dropping in Chesley and doing a loop up to Sauble and back either Friday or Saturday.

What can I expect?

Interactive Map has this area as limited.

I'm thinking of dropping in Chesley and doing a loop up to Sauble and back either Friday or Saturday.

What can I expect? (to see Faceman doing a snow dance)

Our biggiest problem has been the erosion from runoff and that's what you can expect. We did 165k yesterday, not bad, not great but certainly very rideable.

Our biggiest problem has been the erosion from runoff and that's what you can expect. We did 165k yesterday, not bad, not great but certainly very rideable.

Thanks,

Durham trails have reopened now too. I'm tossing the coin between driving to Mount Forest or Chesley.

Thanks,

Durham trails have reopened now too. I'm tossing the coin between driving to Mount Forest or Chesley.

Caught Sledder2's post from Hanover SC. I'd trailer the extra to Chesley or even Hanover. (they have a wing night) Just my thoughts :wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey:

We are thinking of droping in the area as well. Is there a good place to unload thats close to the trails?

Hanover, Chesley, Owen Sound are all options for us.

Thanks

You can drop at the town hall in Chesley, trail and gas right next door. Just look for the giant bull out front

My son and I dropped in Chesley at the gas bar at the top end of town this morning. They let us after we bought fuel etc.(Have to support them you know)Limited space, so if you have to you could park in municipal yard next door. We went from west from there and went all the way up to Hepworth, got food and fuel, did a big loop around Sable Beach, then down to Tara, another big loop down through Desboro, and back to Chesley. 142 miles. The worst part was the rail line from Chesly area up to Hepworth area. Not many dirt spots, just needed groomed. Lots of snow. The area from desboro back to Chesley has the least amount of snow, but trails were good.One other spot in that area (just before Tara I think)has cattle out, and we had to ride right through the herd, not fun. Sorry for the long post, but I would like the same info if it was me asking. All in all....Go there, you will not be disappointed! One other thing...gas bar open Sun. 1pm-6pm

The area you went through where the cattle are is like that all the time the cattle dont bother anyone it kinda cool in my mind.

My son and I dropped in Chesley at the gas bar at the top end of town this morning. They let us after we bought fuel etc.(Have to support them you know)Limited space, so if you have to you could park in municipal yard next door. We went from west from there and went all the way up to Hepworth, got food and fuel, did a big loop around Sable Beach, then down to Tara, another big loop down through Desboro, and back to Chesley. 142 miles. The worst part was the rail line from Chesly area up to Hepworth area. Not many dirt spots, just needed groomed. Lots of snow. The area from desboro back to Chesley has the least amount of snow, but trails were good.One other spot in that area (just before Tara I think)has cattle out, and we had to ride right through the herd, not fun. Sorry for the long post, but I would like the same info if it was me asking. All in all....Go there, you will not be disappointed! One other thing...gas bar open Sun. 1pm-6pm

Hey Rolly.. Thanks for the great update!!!!!!!! Happy Trails.. Rick

Sledder2: It kind of freaked us out. two of the steers jumped up as we came over the hill, didn`t know what to expect!

Luvmyviper:Just figured out where I heard that name before. We met in Port Sydney a few years ago at The Port Inn. We were there for a weekend the same time as you I believe. Have a good ride tommorrow

Archived