Cold hands = New permit, really?

lakejoe

I have a 2010 Vector which comes with a pretty low profile stock shield. The cold temperatures lately have put even the best gloves to shame since the shield is providing no protection for the hands against the head wind. So I bought a new shield, not even thinking at the time about the permit sticker. Now since you can't simply pull the sticker off the old shield without voiding it, I'm being told that I need to buy a whole new permit.

Surly this is not possible. Has anyone had any luck replacing a permit sticker in the past?

I have a 2010 Vector which comes with a pretty low profile stock shield. The cold temperatures lately have put even the best gloves to shame since the shield is providing no protection for the hands against the head wind. So I bought a new shield, not even thinking at the time about the permit sticker. Now since you can't simply pull the sticker off the old shield without voiding it, I'm being told that I need to buy a whole new permit.

Surly this is not possible. Has anyone had any luck replacing a permit sticker in the past?

If you have your original paper work, your void permit and 10 bucks you should be good to go.

Local club or dealer that sells permits will fix you up.:right_on:

If you have your original paper work, your void permit and 10 bucks you whould be good to go.

Local club or dealer that sells permits will fix you up.:right_on:

I'm pretty sure you have to deal w/ the club you bought the original permit from.

My son rolled a sled some years back and the windsheild broke. I am in Michigan and bought a new one. I took all the paperwork back to the club people in Dub on my next trip. The old sheild had been trashed in Michigan and was long gone with the original sticker. I thought that all the paperwork would work, but no-way.

I rode the rest of the season without because I had bought a full season pass. I know better now and my buddy had his replaced for $10 because he kept the old one.

I never put a sticker on my windsheild anymore due to this issue! I also have multiple sheilds that I change depending on weather.

Put your sticker on the hood or you may have a hastle.

I never put a sticker on my windsheild anymore due to this issue! I also have multiple sheilds that I change depending on weather.

When I had my ZX Chassis 'doos i used to swap 'shields before our trips up north. The permit fit on the headlight bezel w/o any problems.

The problem with todays Skidoo sleds is that all the parts where you could place the permit are quickly removable. The windshield takes longer to remove than the side panels or hood.

The problem with todays Skidoo sleds is that all the parts where you could place the permit are quickly removable. The windshield takes longer to remove than the side panels or hood.

If some one steals a piece of body, the permit will be the cheapest piece to replace.

If some one steals a piece of body, the permit will be the cheapest piece to replace.

:coffeespit::coffeespit::coffeespit::coffeespit:

True, but its just too easy.... :rolleyes:

My son rolled a sled some years back and the windsheild broke. I am in Michigan and bought a new one. I took all the paperwork back to the club people in Dub on my next trip. The old sheild had been trashed in Michigan and was long gone with the original sticker. I thought that all the paperwork would work, but no-way.

I rode the rest of the season without because I had bought a full season pass. I know better now and my buddy had his replaced for $10 because he kept the old one.

If that had happened to me i would have done the same thing you did. no way i'd ever pay for another permit. that is ridiculous.

If that had happened to me i would have done the same thing you did. no way i'd ever pay for another permit. that is ridiculous.

The paperwork AND apolice report as a lost or stolen permit will get you a replacement permit.

Great info guys. Thanks!

This is exactly why I never stick my permit on my windshield :headbang:

Always on the hood :right_on:

If you use a heat gun very carefully it will slowly peel off like butter. But you really have to be careful it doesn't end up curling into a little ball or going to fast and leaving the void part on the machine. Time consuming but it does work slow and steady is the key.

I replaced a permit earlier this year. Damaged windshield. Pulled the old permit off and took it with the original paperwork in with $10. Replacement permit. I kept the original paper work.

Damaged windshields etc. are reality. There is a process to deal with it.

You can get a replacement for $10 if you have your original paperwork along with a piece of the sticker. If you don't have a piece of the sticker you need your original paperwork and a police report.

Archived