Georgian Bay Snowriders Update

Canuck

There was a discussion on the forum about access to Georgian Bay, and I was reluctant to pipe in because of the "Penetang issue" (Penetang had issues with carbide damage to roads; access through Penetang was difficult.

The most recent info., received in a mailout as well as on their website, is that the snowmobile trail through Penetang has been approved by the town. Not sure what 'reorganizing the trail' means, but if it's re-routed, perhaps someone can advise.

Anyhow, some great information in their Website under Media (2011).

http://www.gbsr.on.ca/media.htm

- 4 Year Agreeement with Penetang

- Cedar Point brushed and will re-open this year

- Dakota restaurant 'may' re-open

- Access to Lily's restaurant in Lafontaine

- Reroute on C Trail due to tornado (in Seargeant Fuels/Smith Camp area)

- New trail into Port McNicoll

- There's now a loop in the system - involves Trail 309 - 5th Concession of Tay to Elvale (I don't get this one, but haven't looked on a map yet)

- Reconstruction of Tiny Marsh Trail ($70,000 from OFSC :woot: )

They end by requesting riders stay between the markers on field. 112 Landowners provide permission, and the club is always "mending fences".

that is awesome news,, :right_on: ,,what becomes of all the kids riding to school from every direction.Hope the trail riders do not get blamed for this,,, :headbang:

Thanks for the update Canuck. This is Good News for sure !

Huh? What sort of reply is that?? I was expecting a far more insightful response. In particular when there was mention of school children :crazy::crazy::crazy:

Huh? What sort of reply is that?? I was expecting a far more insightful response. In particular when there was mention of school children :crazy::crazy::crazy:

Oh you have done it now Face :coffeespit:

Great News! Thanks Canuck

that is awesome news,, :right_on: ,,what becomes of all the kids riding to school from every direction.Hope the trail riders do not get blamed for this,,, :headbang:

At first, 'cey what'?

But now I get it. Ofsc Trail riders were blamed for damage to pavement. Argument was made that damage caused by many - including yoots sledding to/from school.

At first, 'cey what'?

But now I get it. Ofsc Trail riders were blamed for damage to pavement. Argument was made that damage caused by many - including yoots sledding to/from school.

yes Wild Willy and I ventured over there last year,,,,and the number of sleds and tracks was incredible.People were riding everywhere,,,,it will be a hard job to keep them on any trails there,,as some would say,the critters have been turned loose,,, :-o:-o

yes Wild Willy and I ventured over there last year,,,,and the number of sleds and tracks was incredible.People were riding everywhere,,,,it will be a hard job to keep them on any trails there,,as some would say,the critters have been turned loose,,, :-o:-o

And Ceyhoopers got us BADLY lost and ran laps around the high school many many many many times.

And Ceyhoopers got us BADLY lost and ran laps around the high school many many many many times.

you have seen country most have never dreamed of,,,, :coffeespit::coffeespit::coffeespit:

We went through Penetang on an open marked trail on Saturday and Sunday. We got on and off of the ice at Dock Lunch in downtown Penetang and took 303A which runs through a waterfront park and a very residential area. It runs essentially through the backyards of a lot of houses. There is a large culvert under a bridge near the Shell gas station but some people weren't using it. Hopefully if people stick to the trail... don't go BRAAAP through the backyards and maintain a slow speed the trail will remain in place. The condition was quite good on the weekend.

Thanks 02Sled.

Back end (Residential area, culvert, Shell sounds like the old trail). That's great news.

Archived