Pretty Good Conditions this Weekend !

SlowTouringGuy

Had a nice little run yesterday and the conditions were darn fine for this time of year. I forgot to check the odo but, I'm guessing, maybe a little 50 miler for the day.

The Idomitable MRS. STG, STK1 and STK1(a) were my riding partners. Wonderful !

photop4.jpg

photop3.jpg

photop2.jpg

photop1.jpg

photo4p.jpg

photo2p.jpg

photo1p.jpg

Had a nice little run yesterday and the conditions were darn fine for this time of year. I forgot to check the odo but, I'm guessing, maybe a little 50 miler for the day.

The Idomitable MRS. STG, STK1 and STK1(a) were my riding partners. Wonderful !

Great pics, STG...thanks for sharing them.

Where did you find that much open "trail" to ride? :wtf:

Always a great early season run... too bad I missed it this year.

Thanks. Fun to get out again and fun to share the ride with others here.

All on summer maintained roads. No trails open in our area yet, but there is some riding to be had off the main concessions.

Our club is packing but, like your area, the terrain is tough and we've still got lots of water on the trails to freeze. I've got my fingers crossed for the week after Christmas but wouldn't be surprised if it was January before the checkered flag drops.

...but wouldn't be surprised if it was January before the checkered flag drops.

No! No! No! A checkered flag falls at the end! It's a green flag you want. :roll:

...but wouldn't be surprised if it was January before the checkered flag drops.

No! No! No! A checkered flag falls at the end! It's a green flag you want. :roll:

Oh Crap !!

..................but I wouldn't be surprised if it was January before we get the green light !

looking good STG

I love the road out to Victoria Bridge.

also, that is a OFSC trail you used. trail 209. its closed :?

Wonderful photos!

Glad you got some kilometers before Christmas.

Loophole ! It's a public road so no "Red Sign" at the beginning. Sort of like Cowbell Lane in the sense of Trail 4. And the other public roads that Trail 4 are running.

Did you know that, many moons ago, Snowcrest groomed all the way out there (long before it became a well used summer road) and continued on east past Victoria Falls and connected up with the HCSC trails? That was the route we used to take to go to Minden - the trail went right into town.

Also, not far before arriving at the falls there is an open field on the south side. The farm house is gone now. On the north side of the road, there, you can see and opening into the bush and an "no tenting' sign. That was also a Snowcrest Trail which, if I recal correctly, is an unopened concession. Can't remember the number now. It went roughly north from that entrance and connect with what is now "B" at Lewisham just south of the old school house. Made for a great loop !

Loophole ! It's a public road so no "Red Sign" at the beginning. Sort of like Cowbell Lane in the sense of Trail 4. And the other public roads that Trail 4 are running.

Did you know that, many moons ago, Snowcrest groomed all the way out there (long before it became a well used summer road) and continued on east past Victoria Falls and connected up with the HCSC trails? That was the route we used to take to go to Minden - the trail went right into town.

Also, not far before arriving at the falls there is an open field on the south side. The farm house is gone now. On the north side of the road, there, you can see and opening into the bush and an "no tenting' sign. That was also a Snowcrest Trail which, if I recal correctly, is an unopened concession. Can't remember the number now. It went roughly north from that entrance and connect with what is now "B" at Lewisham just south of the old school house. Made for a great loop !

Wow, I dident know the farm house is gone.

My friends dad told me when he was young they used to Minden from Washago. Apparently there were tons of trails around there.

I might just take a ride over there in January.

The old trail by the old white farm house thats gone.

If i remember correctly that trail was very wet where it teed at the other end.

On 209 victoria falls is worth the side trip.

Was first there in the early 90s...Scenic lookout got my attention.

Now i ride the utv there in the summer.

Past the bridge up the rock cut there is a old trail sign.[b104 i think]

That trail has been gone for maybe 20+ years.

Wow, I dident know the farm house is gone.

My friends dad told me when he was young they used to Minden from Washago. Apparently there were tons of trails around there.

I might just take a ride over there in January.

If you're coming this way let me know.

The old trail by the old white farm house thats gone.

If i remember correctly that trail was very wet where it teed at the other end.

On 209 victoria falls is worth the side trip.

Was first there in the early 90s...Scenic lookout got my attention.

Now i ride the utv there in the summer.

Past the bridge up the rock cut there is a old trail sign.[b104 i think]

That trail has been gone for maybe 20+ years.

You're correct. That trail where it teed at the north end was over a swamp and wasn't always dry. ;-)

It's 20 years for sure brucebob. Probably closer to 30. But way the heck and gone out there I bet you'd still find the remnants of a double sided large sign. One side is welcome to the HCSC Trails and the other side says welcome to Snowcrest. It was a great way to get to Minden for us. A lot better than todays up and about route.

Archived