Stoney Keppel Riders

Faceman

Done, gone bye bye...We've lost our club house and the main B trail. New property owners sweep clean. :cry::cry:

HISTORY: Our clubhouse property has been owned forever by Barry Howey. The time came to sell and the new buyer decided to cancel further sledding opportunities. Hench , our main B trail as well as our beloved Shack is gone. :-(:-(

The club, right now, is scrambling to find a suitible re-route and then the manpower to cut about 4km of new trail.

Like I need this...not enough to do with the other X number of landowners we have.

And/But/ no offence to the new landowner but....why not sit back for a year and see what happens.. (happy thoughts/happy thoughts) :headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

Done, gone bye bye...We've lost our club house and the main B trail. New property owners sweep clean. :cry::cry:

HISTORY: Our clubhouse property has been owned forever by Barry Howey. The time came to sell and the new buyer decided to cancel further sledding opportunities. Hench , our main B trail as well as our beloved Shack is gone. :-(:-(

The club, right now, is scrambling to find a suitible re-route and then the manpower to cut about 4km of new trail.

Like I need this...not enough to do with the other X number of landowners we have.

And/But/ no offence to the new landowner but....why not sit back for a year and see what happens.. (happy thoughts/happy thoughts) :headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

Wow, that sucks big time!

I guess they gave you have 60 days to move. :cry: I hope you can find a new place for it and have the money to move it.

It is, no doubt, one of the biggest challenges for those clubs affected by the growth of towns/cities and a spreading population. Farms are sold and subdivided, properties are severed and ownership changes hands. Rarely do the new owners 'give it a year' to see how it goes; rarely do they even enter a discussion with the club. The lawyer that handled the real estate closing handles the notification and you're left scrambling. Good luck Faceman, let's hope you guys can turn it around in the next month.

I guess they gave you have 60 days to move. :cry: I hope you can find a new place for it and have the money to move it.

Can't move or touch anything on "his" property...Nothing was addressed in the deal and I didnt know about it until it was done and signed..We are SOL. Why do people have to be like this? Why can't people accept the area/culture and way of life. Thats probably why they bought here, right! DUH..I'm really dumb :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Can't move or touch anything on "his" property...Nothing was addressed in the deal and I didnt know about it until it was done and signed..We are SOL. Why do people have to be like this? Why can't people accept the area/culture and way of life. Thats probably why they bought here, right! DUH..I'm really dumb :banghead::banghead::banghead:

So was it the clubs building or the land owners?

Whether it is the clubs building or the land owners is essentially irrelevant. I assume they had a lease with the land owner. The common phrase is lease hold improvements. You typically can't take them away. Picture if you lease a house and decide to insulate and finish the basement. When you move you can't take out the insulation and walls.

I assume they had a lease with the land owner.

I wouldn't assume that. People who have worked together for years did so on a mutual understanding.

And, even if they did have a lease, we can't assume that the conditions of the lease are favourable to the leasee except for use and access to the building while the original lessor owns the property. If there was a lease the conditions may not allow for transfer of access and use and, apparently, there was no tenancy clause in the sale of the property.

Lease? No lease, handshake works well up here... Yes it was our shack, we built it and continually repaired it. Something like the bridge on the proerty we just re-decked and widened last year!

Lease? No lease, handshake works well up here... Yes it was our shack, we built it and continually repaired it. Something like the bridge on the proerty we just re-decked and widened last year!

If all hope is lost for access, then the fight would be easier, but if there is a chance to get access back it's a little more sticky. You could ask for the shack explaining to him it belongs to a not profit organization who can't afford to replace it. I'm sure the media would take an interest in someone knowingly denying a non profit org its property. A talk with the original land owner may help resolve it.

Hey Faceman....sorry to hear the news. I was a member in the '80's and 90's at this club at the former Howies' property, and my family and I have riden this section of trail on a weekly basis as we live about 5 mins away. Let me know and I would be glad to give some time to help out with a re-route etc.

Cheech

Hey Faceman....sorry to hear the news. I was a member in the '80's and 90's at this club at the former Howies' property, and my family and I have riden this section of trail on a weekly basis as we live about 5 mins away. Let me know and I would be glad to give some time to help out with a re-route etc.

Cheech

Sent you an e-mail. that would be great!

If all hope is lost for access, then the fight would be easier, but if there is a chance to get access back it's a little more sticky. You could ask for the shack explaining to him it belongs to a not profit organization who can't afford to replace it. I'm sure the media would take an interest in someone knowingly denying a non profit org its property. A talk with the original land owner may help resolve it.

Thanks Reved. Shack is a non-movable object (trust me on this one)Original landowner has already been a big help but he is at his wits end also...I'm still trying the honey as opposed to vinegar..Right now the re-route is the critical focus.

Sorry to hear the bad news.

Howies Juntion was a great stop for me if i was going by it.

My son loved the teeter toter.

I do have a question about the club house.

Outside on the vertical upright there are funnels screwed to them.

What is there purpose?

What is there purpose?

I'll take a educated guess. They used the property for paint balling and I'm thinking they used the funnels for loading paint balls.

Teeter toter...I'm still working on getting it

What is there purpose?

I'll take a educated guess. They used the property for paint balling and I'm thinking they used the funnels for loading paint balls.

Paint ball would make sense. That never crossed my mind. I was thinking it had something to do with sledding.

What is there purpose?

Moonshine funnels. But if Faceman says 'paintballs', then 'paintballs' it is. ;-)

Sorry to hear about the circumstances, Faceman. You seemed resigned to the building being lost, but I wonder if you shouldn't advise the new owners that empty dwellings are a liability (kids may find that spot within a few months, depending upon how close it is to the owner's primary residence). I also wonder if there isn't some legal claim to the structure. I've seen cases where land has been sold with a boat/trailer, and the owner of the boat/trailer was able to repossess his property (those are chattels (moveables), but the same principle may apply).

There's probably more to it - and I know this matter is in capable hands.

What is there purpose?

Moonshine funnels. But if Faceman says 'paintballs', then 'paintballs' it is. ;-)

Sorry to hear about the circumstances, Faceman. You seemed resigned to the building being lost, but I wonder if you shouldn't advise the new owners that empty dwellings are a liability (kids may find that spot within a few months, depending upon how close it is to the owner's primary residence). I also wonder if there isn't some legal claim to the structure. I've seen cases where land has been sold with a boat/trailer, and the owner of the boat/trailer was able to repossess his property (those are chattels (moveables), but the same principle may apply).

Moonshine??? No idea what you all are talkin about :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

I'll be surprised if it's still standing now..There is no residence, landowner is from Port Crudit with a plan to build . I mean really he bought 380 acres of swamp with some hardwood ridges.

But is was home for us, some called it the Shack, some the Hot Dog stand.

On a very positive we have a landowner about 1 km west where the Phoenix might again rise out of the ashes

Once I get this one done, it's on to the new quarry going in and another re-route around it :headbang::headbang:

Beer is good :right_on::right_on::right_on:

What is there purpose?

Moonshine??? No idea what you all are talkin about :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

I'll be surprised if it's still standing now..There is no residence, landowner is from Port Crudit with a plan to build . I mean really he bought 380 acres of swamp with some hardwood ridges.

But is was home for us, some called it the Shack, some the Hot Dog stand.

On a very positive we have a landowner about 1 km west where the Phoenix might again rise out of the ashes

Once I get this one done, it's on to the new quarry going in and another re-route around it :headbang::headbang:

Beer is good :right_on::right_on::right_on:

You better go to bed early and get some rest. :cheers:

The re-route is in three sections. From the tracks north to the existing trail, tracks south to highway and highway to existing. The north of tracks section is now waiting for a high-hoe as it has been brushed. The mid section is all blazed and we haven't had a good look south of highway.

Work party Nov 14th for the mid and south sections...see website

The re-route is in three sections. From the tracks north to the existing trail, tracks south to highway and highway to existing. The north of tracks section is now waiting for a high-hoe as it has been brushed. The mid section is all blazed and we haven't had a good look south of highway.

Ha, see website, it's down again :banghead::banghead::banghead:

On a positive note the re-route from the tracks north is done, thanks to a strong work crew and Rob Lee on the highhoe. :-):-):-)

Sounds like we'll have a good turnout for Sunday for the middle section, meeting 0900 hrs just east of Shallow Lake.

Going to paint up a bunch of new stakes tomorrow and start with the new liability signage :roll::roll:

On a positive note the re-route from the tracks north is done, thanks to a strong work crew and Rob Lee on the highhoe. :-):-):-)

Sounds like we'll have a good turnout for Sunday for the middle section, meeting 0900 hrs just east of Shallow Lake.

Going to paint up a bunch of new stakes tomorrow and start with the new liability signage :roll::roll:

over the E

under the LU

over the E

under the LU

12 more to go...

2nd stretch (Cruickshanks Swamp) was cut and brushed through by 30 volunteers yesterday. Great job by all. :right_on: :right_on: :right_on::right_on:

Got into the third and final stretch about 3pm yesterday, needs a full day of brushing and a couple of corners groomed up and we should be through (and the weather is closing in)

Archived