Stoney Keppel Riders

Faceman

Re-route of the B trail is complete.

Have further flagged a new access trail to the Bass Lake Loop through County Forest. Just need approval and we'll start this one by next Weds. It's 1.8. km in length.

Have further flagged a new access trail to the Bass Lake Loop through County Forest. Just need approval and we'll start this one by next Weds. It's 1.8. km in length.

Nice! Great to hear! Hopfully we can get up your way for a ride this year.

Nice! Great to hear! Hopfully we can get up your way for a ride this year.

That would be really good :woot::woot::woot:

• 2 weeks later...

The long and short is that the re-route is a go. Not really where I wanted but something about an 'endangered fern" so we are still GTG just with much more work. The private landowner to the east stepped up and said let's make this work but it's rough going..but we have long term security!

Gas Axe party on Sunday Dec 5th. Check website for details.

• 2 weeks later...

Once gates are installed off the rail line it can be opened, but not before,,,,,,we need to protect ourselves from each other.

Packing in progress. Snow has put a halt on gates ( I know WFC :banghead::banghead: ) and our last re-route is ....I don't know anymore!!! :headbang::headbang:

We'll be open shortly. One short section to finish staking.....pray for cold and we're GTG :right_on::right_on::right_on:

I went out this morning to check our signage and open. In 4 blocks leaving the city we are missing ( stolen) 3 stop ahead and two stop signs.

Dear Mr and Mrs Snowmobile permit owner. I am sorry I can't open your trails yet. Someone is stealing your signs!

Signed: The Pres.

I went out this morning to check our signage and open. In 4 blocks leaving the city we are missing ( stolen) 3 stop ahead and two stop signs.

Dear Mr and Mrs Snowmobile permit owner. I am sorry I can't open your trails yet. Someone is stealing your signs!

Try bending the edges and putting scrape marks on them. We find they won't steal the ones that look to be in poor shape.

Not the way it should be, just the way it is!

Try bending the edges and putting scrape marks on them. We find they won't steal the ones that look to be in poor shape.

We have a couple of road crossings where the signs are replaced almost every grooming pass :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Tried that, hell they're stealing them post and all.

I would add to the cost of opperations for sure. But if these are signs that you have had issue int he past I would set the posts in a Large Tims coffee can of cement with two cris-crossed brass coat hangers running through it and then bring a little water bottle with you.

When you set the post under the snow pour a little water so it freezes the cement makes it heavy and bulky, and the coats hanger increase the "grab" the post will have in the froze ground. I would also consider throughing up an infra-Red trail camera (without a flash) to see if you can catch them red handed.....AN Since the MTO makes it so flipping difficult I would report them to the police, local newspaper and everyone else.

Tried that, hell they're stealing them post and all.

Lube the trail markers and signs with never sieze grease!

Lease? No lease, handshake works well up here... Yes it was our shack, we built it and continually repaired it. Something like the bridge on the proerty we just re-decked and widened last year!

If all hope is lost for access, then the fight would be easier, but if there is a chance to get access back it's a little more sticky. You could ask for the shack explaining to him it belongs to a not profit organization who can't afford to replace it. I'm sure the media would take an interest in someone knowingly denying a non profit org its property. A talk with the original land owner may help resolve it.

I agree totally here with reved. If the individual is going to be that rude and not let anyone take what in a way is rightfully theirs........then that individual must be a real selfish pr...! sledders seem to be real considerate people and look after land (that doesnt even belong to them )as much as possible! Its not like any destruction is going to be done by removeing the club house is it? As for the trail reroute............what can you do? move on i guess? but i still cant beleive some people are the way they are just because..!

i could see if there were problems with sledders but how would they know without giving one a chance!!

Thanks for the support on the former trail/clubhouse. I was in today removing signs and still burning...anyways

STONEY KEPPEL AND MOST OF THE OWEN SOUND AREA IS OPEN LIMITED....had some really good riding today checking my signs, they're not perfect but we're gittin there. :right_on::right_on:

Archived