Lodging in Foleyet - REQUEST

SlowTouringGuy

probably better to stay in timmins or chapleau depending on your route, folyette is a very very small community. after the mooseland place went down, i dont think there is another hotel there. ski

after the mooseland place went down, i dont think there is another hotel there. ski

No there isn't.

When I was in town a couple of weeks ago, I asked about lodging when we were fueling up and the lady at the gas/party store mentioned there are 2 places to stay, something like a B&B and a regular motel. I sure nothing outstanding, but a warm bed. Sorry, not much help.

If there's a motel in Foleyet, that's news to me.

probably better to stay in timmins or chapleau depending on your route, folyette is a very very small community. after the mooseland place went down, i dont think there is another hotel there. ski

Yeah, I know. When you do these saddle bag tours, sometimes the mileage puts in you a vicinity and it would be good to find some lodging close by. Stopping in Chapleau that night makes the day too short and going on to Timmins makes the day too long (for our crew). So, to switch to one of those two has a ripple effect on the rest of the loop. And, maybe that's what we have to do.

Before switching our route, I thought I'd check here. Thanks !

When I was in town a couple of weeks ago, I asked about lodging when we were fueling up and the lady at the gas/party store mentioned there are 2 places to stay, something like a B&B and a regular motel. I sure nothing outstanding, but a warm bed. Sorry, not much help.

Thanks, we'll call the store !

You'll want to consider deleting the 6 you have listed.

Are they not open to sledders? I got their listings from a snowmobile publication.

You'll want to consider deleting the 6 you have listed.

Are they not open to sledders? I got their listings from a snowmobile publication.

As you say, there doesn't seem to be much in Foleyet. I thought it was going to be easy to find lodging there. Small town with 6 places listed there would have to be rooms available. Oh well.

I've also looked at the club maps and am doing an internet search.

I think our best bet at this time will be to call the "gas station/party store" mentioned by jcerget1 in this thread. I think I've found it on the net - Charette General Store. We'll give them a call and see what they can tell us.

Stg their's a B&B that is good, can't recall name ## etc, went looking last night but no luck.

Yeah, I know. When you do these saddle bag tours, sometimes the mileage puts in you a vicinity and it would be good to find some lodging close by. Stopping in Chapleau that night makes the day too short and going on to Timmins makes the day too long (for our crew). So, to switch to one of those two has a ripple effect on the rest of the loop. And, maybe that's what we have to do.

Before switching our route, I thought I'd check here. Thanks !

There must be a rock you could stay under in Foleyet :P

Seriously, maybe a bed and breakfast????

Stg their's a B&B that is good, can't recall name ## etc, went looking last night but no luck.

Thanks Lep, I think we may have a line on something. A motel and a B&B.

IMPORTANT NEWS - Found the LCBO :D - it's right across the street from the gas pumps and Charette General Store. I feel better already. ;)

IMPORTANT NEWS - Found the LCBO :D - it's right across the street from the gas pumps and Charette General Store. I feel better already. ;)

:woot::woot::woot:

And all is well is Foleyet!

Stg...BYOB...the LCBO will be drunk dry by the time u make it. :lol:

Find out what days the LCBO is open.

2 years ago we rolled into Hornepayne all set to watch the Daytona 500. Went down to the LCBO in the mall & it was closed on Sunday :curse: . 5 beers between 3 guys isn't much fun :oops: .

When I told the girl @ the Beer Store in Chapleau she said the Hornepayne store was closed on Mondays as well.

Find out what days the LCBO is open.

2 years ago we rolled into Hornepayne all set to watch the Daytona 500. Went down to the LCBO in the mall & it was closed on Sunday :curse: . 5 beers between 3 guys isn't much fun :oops: .

When I told the girl @ the Beer Store in Chapleau she said the Hornepayne store was closed on Mondays as well.

Good Advice !! Especially with the guys I sled with - they're bad news. :P

Not sure which end you are coming from (not stated). Forget about Folyet...not sure why you even would consider. (Unless you don't know the area) Really nice ride between Chapleau/Timmins. Stay in Chapleau or Timmins. Mooseland was still closed 3 wks ago. Because of this make sure you eat/gas up in Folyet. Trois Moulin Motel, Chapleau. Hojo Timmins is closest to entrance/exit to Esso/restaurant. 2006 six of us did the trip. Left Chapleau(Esso) 9:30am arr Mooseland at 2pm (approx 20m past Folyet) approx 93miles;Lunch/gas arr Timmins 6pm 168miles. Best info I can pass on....don't give yourself anymore headaches than you need and have a nice trip. Was up there by car 3 wks ago...tons of snow.

Archived