Riding This Friday on 15, C101d, D, and 4 ?

Izzy

Hi I was wondering, with the warm weather how are the lakes holding up in the Gravenhurst area.

I'm thinking of riding from Muldrew Lake on trail 15 to C101D

then to D trail toward Kahshe Lake

then onto 4 to Sparrow Lake and then back onto 15 for a nice short loop.

Any idea of the trail conditions in the area?

May go onto Gull Lake for a bit or even up the D trail toward Bracebridge.

Thanks

Hi I was wondering, with the warm weather how are the lakes holding up in the Gravenhurst area.

Thanks

from what I have been told, the portage between the 2 Muldrew Lakes is pretty much bare. All the roads will be bare. With the spring like conditions you will find bare patches (especially at the south end) rocks, stumps. Yesterdays report is 20 inches of ice on McLeans Bay. D and C101D have been recently groomed, 15 was groomed last night but only from trail 4. the stakes on the lakes in Snowcrest area will be removed before next weekend. Hope this helps.

This just in......Trail 4 from Kahshe Lake to the Hwy 11 bridge is CLOSED due to the swamps in this section of trail opening up. Trails Closed signs have been posted. The rest of 4 will remain limited at this time. Graham Rd is bare.

This just in......Trail 4 from Kahshe Lake to the Hwy 11 bridge is CLOSED

The people of Bracebridge must be breathing a sigh of relief! :rolleyes:

Especially the facilities that were to be reviewed this weekend. :!:

Thanks

from what I have been told, the portage between the 2 Muldrew Lakes is pretty much bare. All the roads will be bare. With the spring like conditions you will find bare patches (especially at the south end) rocks, stumps. Yesterdays report is 20 inches of ice on McLeans Bay. D and C101D have been recently groomed, 15 was groomed last night but only from trail 4. the stakes on the lakes in Snowcrest area will be removed before next weekend. Hope this helps.

Thanks, 2BS for that detailed report. I guess that changes my plans.

I will try 15 to C101D and then stick on that and D, or down 15 to 4!

Can anyone suggest a good route for a day of sledding in the "G spot" area?

Gravenhurst that is!!!

Thanks

Thanks

Gravenhurst that is!!!

Thanks

It's all pretty skinny but if you bring your Golf Clubs and see us out on D trail Kahshe you are welcome to join the RBI ('Round Boyd Island) Invitational on Saturday. Paint your Balls Black so we don't lose you in the snow. ;-)

Thanks

Gravenhurst that is!!!

Thanks

It's all pretty skinny but if you bring your Golf Clubs and see us out on D trail Kahshe you are welcome to join the RBI ('Round Boyd Island) Invitational on Saturday. Paint your Balls Black so we don't lose you in the snow. ;-)

Black Balls eh?

Thanks

Gravenhurst that is!!!

Thanks

Thanks for the invite!

I would love to paint my balls black and play golf, but I'm only going to be up on Friday.

Thanks

Thanks

Gravenhurst that is!!!

Thanks

somehow there is a Tiger Woods joke in this

somehow there is a Tiger Woods joke in this

Tiger pulled his big Caddy into the only gas pump in Ryde Township here and a young fella came out to top up the gas for him. When Woods pulled out his billfold to pay a couple of golf tees fell on the ground. The young fella picked them up and looked at them somewhat quizzically and asked, "Gee, what are these for?" Tiger replied, "Oh, those are to put my balls on while I'm driving."

To which the kid said, "Boy, those Cadillac people think of everything."

Well I just got back from my day of so called sledding.

15 S. of Muldrew was OK in spots but those sharp corners, they were pretty much bare!

Had to do some road riding to get to 15, and like others have said, I will most likely have to change the carbides for next season.

I made it all the way to Sparrow Lake and then something didn't sound right.

I decided to head back and once on the other side of Killworthy Rd. she just didn't want to go anymore.

(I found out that I was running on one cylinder) Waht a year of bad luck!!!!

I would like to thank Terry at Silver Pines for all his help, and the Fish and Chips were great!!!

Great place to stop for a late lunch or dinner!!!

Cheers

15 S. of Muldrew was OK in spots but those sharp corners, they were pretty much bare!

Had to do some road riding to get to 15, and like others have said, I will most likely have to change the carbides for next season.

I decided to head back and once on the other side of Killworthy Rd. she just didn't want to go anymore.

I would like to thank Terry at Silver Pines for all his help, and the Fish and Chips were great!!!

Cheers

Sorry to hear about your sled. It still was best to have this happen on your last ride then to have it happen on the first ride of next season.

The trails in Bracebridge are done for the season , I cant believe the amount of riders today riding in the warm temps and crappy trails , there is mud and grass showing everywhere , road travel is toast , I put the Yammie away for the year today :( :(

Cheers

MArk, is this after the rebuild?

No, that was the 97 Polaris Indy Trail.

I still putting the Doo back together!!

Having a bit of trouble getting those damn circlips in.

Any pointers?

Thanks

Any pointers?

Thanks

Don't drop them into the crank case.icon_redface.gif

Any pointers?

Thanks

Don't drop them into the crank case.icon_redface.gif

Here is a great to use and easy to make tool when doing doo pistons.

Go to a craft store and buy a piece of magnet backed plastic ( like fridge magnet material). Use a piece of paper to make a template to fit around the connecting rods. Duplicate the shape of the holes on the magnet material and voila, no more fear of dropping rollers or clips into the crank case. Just slide the sheet of magnet under the pistons and around the rods so any steel that you drop sticks to then sheet and doesn't go in that dirty place called the crank case.

Or just buy a Yammi and you won't have to get into the engine. Alot cheaper in the long run.

Funny...I was going to say the same thing :headbang: ....How often do you rebuild your engine that you actually have to think up ways to keep those pesky parts from falling into the engine??? :coffeenose::mrgreen:

• 3 weeks later...

hahaha

Archived