OFSC Insurance - AD&D

02Sled

I just received notice in the mail from the OFSC about AD&D insurance in the amount of $3,000.00 from AIL as a benefit of buying a permit. Once you send in the form at the bottom of the page you will be contacted by the AIL representative who will try to sell you more insurance.

What a bogus smoke screen... I buy a permit and give them the authorisation to provide me with additional benefits. The magazines that you receive as a result are great but I don't get anyone calling me trying to sell me.

Sly marketing by ALI Insurance. They get access to the mailing list for OFSC for little or no expense. They tell everyone they have AD&D insurance but they need to register. Not everyone will do it so only a small number of policies will be in effect. The odds for the accidental death are relatively low as is the pay out of a whopping $3,000.00. They then have their sales people try and get you to buy an additional $10,000.00 of coverage at a so far undisclosed amount. Those who sign up now pay for all the cost of their veiled marketing through the OFSC.

I feel as though I have been hoodwinked. If they just gave me insurance coverage for free that is one thing but to have someone call me later to try and sell me more... no thanks....This isn't what I signed approval for when I said I was interested in the OFSC benefits.

Mark's Work Wearhouse gives me a 10% discount but they aren't calling me to try and get me to buy things.

I just received notice in the mail from the OFSC about AD&D insurance in the amount of $3,000.00 from AIL as a benefit of buying a permit. Once you send in the form at the bottom of the page you will be contacted by the AIL representative who will try to sell you more insurance.

What a bogus smoke screen... I buy a permit and give them the authorisation to provide me with additional benefits. The magazines that you receive as a result are great but I don't get anyone calling me trying to sell me.

Sly marketing by ALI Insurance. They get access to the mailing list for OFSC for little or no expense. They tell everyone they have AD&D insurance but they need to register. Not everyone will do it so only a small number of policies will be in effect. The odds for the accidental death are relatively low as is the pay out of a whopping $3,000.00. They then have their sales people try and get you to buy an additional $10,000.00 of coverage at a so far undisclosed amount. Those who sign up now pay for all the cost of their veiled marketing through the OFSC.

I feel as though I have been hoodwinked. If they just gave me insurance coverage for free that is one thing but to have someone call me later to try and sell me more... no thanks....This isn't what I signed approval for when I said I was interested in the OFSC benefits.

Mark's Work Wearhouse gives me a 10% discount but they aren't calling me to try and get me to buy things.

I read it as they call you AFTER you call/sign up on the web site. I read it and then trashed it. I see no info being passed on. The OFSC is contacting you and telling you to contact the insurance company.

I read it as they call you AFTER you call/sign up on the web site. I read it and then trashed it. I see no info being passed on. The OFSC is contacting you and telling you to contact the insurance company.

That is correct. Unless you contact the insurance company to take advantage of the free coverage, no one will contact you to upsell.

They don't have your contact information unless you give it to them.

That is correct. Unless you contact the insurance company to take advantage of the free coverage, no one will contact you to upsell.

They don't have your contact information unless you give it to them.

I realize they won't contact you unless you sign up but how many people will miss that and just focus on the free insurance aspect and figure they have nothing to loose without reading that closely. I bet a fair number will only to find out that they have someone trying to sell them insurance after that. I still think it is slightly sneaky marketing.

but how many people will miss that and just focus on the free insurance aspect and figure they have nothing to loose without reading that closely.

As far as I'm concerned it's their own fault then. Anything you get in the mail that is "for free" is usually of this circumstance.

I do understand that you don't think this is good behaviour on behalf of the OFSC, and I do agree with that part of it.

I read the small print and was perturbed. I almost mailed it back to OFSC and tell them to delete my name from such lists, but I didnt. I didn't envision getting this crap as a "benefit". The only way I could justifuy this is if we(OFSC) are getting some funds from this marketing ploy. Are We ?

I read the small print and was perturbed. I almost mailed it back to OFSC and tell them to delete my name from such lists, but I didnt. I didn't envision getting this crap as a "benefit". The only way I could justifuy this is if we(OFSC) are getting some funds from this marketing ploy. Are We ?

I agree... and ask the same question... are we getting some monetary benefit from this and hopefully it is substantial. Apart from that what about the green aspect. I get way too much junk mail as it is and that is what this is... junk mail. By the way they did supply a postage paid return envelope. Whenever I get anything like this I send back what they sent me in their envelope. They get to pay postage, pay someone to open it and find nothing of benefit.... just like I did.

I posted about this last year as well. I am one of those guys who just saw the AD&D and checked the box. Didn't really care about the fine print. Of course they called. My wife took the call and gave me a message.

Her - "Someone from the OFSC called about your insurance"

Me - "Really, the OFSC?"

Her - "Thats what they said"

I called back and played dumb...

Me - "Hi. I have my sled permit with the OFSC, is that you guys?"

Them - "Yup! Thats us. You signed up for our insurance when you bought our permit but its only a basic policy"

Me -"Yes, I remember. Thanks for calling, and great work on the trail grooming this year."

Them - "Trail Grooming? (pause) Oh yeah....right, thanks"

Me - "Yes, you are the OFSC right?"

Them - "Yes we are"

After a few more questions I told them I had a call waiting and hung up. They never called me back but it really left me wondering just how many people they sign up.

I posted about this last year as well. I am one of those guys who just saw the AD&D and checked the box. Didn't really care about the fine print. Of course they called. My wife took the call and gave me a message.

Her - "Someone from the OFSC called about your insurance"

Me - "Really, the OFSC?"

Her - "Thats what they said"

I called back and played dumb...

Me - "Hi. I have my sled permit with the OFSC, is that you guys?"

Them - "Yup! Thats us. You signed up for our insurance when you bought our permit but its only a basic policy"

Me -"Yes, I remember. Thanks for calling, and great work on the trail grooming this year."

Them - "Trail Grooming? (pause) Oh yeah....right, thanks"

Me - "Yes, you are the OFSC right?"

Them - "Yes we are"

After a few more questions I told them I had a call waiting and hung up. They never called me back but it really left me wondering just how many people they sign up.

They claimed to be the OFSC?? Something is not right. To sell insurance you must be licensed, and I am fairly positive that the OFSC is not a licensed insurance broker.

Apart from that what about the green aspect. I get way too much junk mail as it is and that is what this is... junk mail.

I opened it, saw what it was (w/o closely reading it) & thru it in the blue box.

My mail was in Apsley yesterday & I was @ the OFSC office in Barrie getting a couple of maps. If I had known about this solicitation, I would've asked to talk to someone about it.

So is this liability insurance?

Nope. It's AD&D for $3,000 coverage. For the First D it wouldn't cover the cost of the ride in the Hearse. And barely covers the cost of the ride in the ambulance for the Second D. :P

So is this liability insurance?

Nope. It's AD&D for $3,000 coverage. For the First D it wouldn't cover the cost of the ride in the Hearse. And barely covers the cost of the ride in the ambulance for the Second D. :P

Easy guys . It is free ! You don't have to take it . Besides if you you keep picking on an OFSC program you will incur the wrath of the Nutter the OFSC enforcer.

Easy guys . It is free !

That's why I took it. ;)

You don't have to take it . Besides if you you keep picking on an OFSC program you will incur the wrath of the Nutter the OFSC enforcer.

Now that's funny :D

Archived