Who will be the first to 'Open"

Canuck

While at the Big Shew last week, I had the opportunity to speak with a rep. from Barry's Bay.

She mentioned that they were the first to open last year, and pointed to a small loop east of Algonquin Park that opened towards the end of December.

Wonder who will be the first to open this year?

There's one in every bunch.

I meant the first OFSC trail to open.

Just for that, I'm not giving you the trail map (Miami to Florida) I picked up for you at the show.

trail map (Miami to Florida) I picked up for you at the show.

I couldn't even find the map for Toronto.... Supposedly the snow is under military guard. :wtf:

....the trail map (Miami to Florida) I picked up for you at the show.

:wtf::wtf: Must be a short trail... :poke: :poke: :rotflmao:

....the trail map (Miami to Florida) I picked up for you at the show.

:wtf::wtf: Must be a short trail... :poke: :poke: :rotflmao:

Miami to Ft. Lauderdale.

Good one, irReverent.

There's one in every bunch.

I meant the first OFSC trail to open.

I knew that ... I just had to be the one. :poke:

Just for that, I'm not giving you the trail map (Miami to Florida) I picked up for you at the show.

Isn't Miami IN Florida? :wtf:

I got one when I was there last year. :P

Ganaraska forest was open first week of December last year Barrys Bay has nothing on them ,Port Perry was a couple days after the Ganny.

It seams like they religously open that week , so I'm going with those picks this year , Baxter opened up under limited December 22nd but closed 3 days later do to warm up and Rain.

While at the Big Shew last week, I had the opportunity to speak with a rep. from Barry's Bay.

She mentioned that they were the first to open last year, and pointed to a small loop east of Algonquin Park that opened towards the end of December.

End of Dec, crap I already had 800+ local miles on open trails by then .....

My call for this year ...

Kawartha Lakes SC Friday Dec 4th .... Rail Line from Lindsay to Kinmount.

Ganaraska SC, Long Sault SC and PPSC 200+ km of trail for Saturday Dec 5th

HCSA while maybe not the first was open Dec 15th. Then closed for most of January after the annual pre winter rain/monsoon/thaw event. The Haliburton Forest was rideable little earlier than that too.

HCSA rail trail Kinmount to haliburton first to open in 2009 December 5th - 10th.

yep...forgot that section

HCSA rail trail Kinmount to haliburton first to open in 2009 December 5th - 10th.

Here is the link to the post from last year http://forum.ontarioconditions.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3090

I seem to remember the Kinmount to Haliburton being the first opened in '08 but I could be mistaken.

Here is the link to the post from last year http://forum.ontarioconditions.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3090

I seem to remember the Kinmount to Haliburton being the first opened in '08 but I could be mistaken.

That's my prediction for this year on or about dec 5 - 10 it will open (let's pray) but I believe you are right for last year.

Archived