Northridge Inn and Resort

SlowTouringGuy

Has anyone stayed at the Northridge Inn and Resort on Lake Bernard in the winter?

I'd be interested in hearing your review with regards to Trail Access, sled parking, gas, rooms, amenities, meals and so on. Looks pretty good !

The owners are wonderful and accommodating people. The dining is excellent (no 'fast food' here), and the rooms are big and well appointed. Cosy bar with fireplace. In general, it is a little more 'upscale', and I believe the pricing reflects that. Adequate trailer parking, or park your sled in front of your door.

Downsides:

Trail access is by staked trail down the length of Lake Bernard, or a lot of road running.

I don't know if they have gas on sight. If not, you're running that same staked lake trail into Sundridge, and about 3 blocks of streets to Danny's Shell or Black's Gas at Hwy 11.

Mid season, none of this a problem, but early or late season it could be an issue.

Hope this helps.

The owners are wonderful and accommodating people. The dining is excellent (no 'fast food' here), and the rooms are big and well appointed. Cosy bar with fireplace. In general, it is a little more 'upscale', and I believe the pricing reflects that. Adequate trailer parking, or park your sled in front of your door.

Downsides:

Trail access is by staked trail down the length of Lake Bernard, or a lot of road running.

I don't know if they have gas on sight. If not, you're running that same staked lake trail into Sundridge, and about 3 blocks of streets to Danny's Shell or Black's Gas at Hwy 11.

Mid season, none of this a problem, but early or late season it could be an issue.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, whits-end, it helps a lot. Looks like from the maps it is lake access so thanks for the confirmation. When it is a "ladies weekend" we're happy at something 'upscale', as you say.

thanks !

When it is a "ladies weekend" we're happy at something 'upscale'

Didn't know LMV and UTS were so picky.

:lol: :poke:

( quality info. above, Whits-end. I shouldn't have interjected. Well, maybe this once).

( quality info. above, Whits-end. I shouldn't have interjected. Well, maybe this once).

Im out of the ladies trip from now on. LMV snores like a Lion after a full course Gazelle! :D

Im out of the ladies trip from now on. LMV snores like a Lion after a full course Gazelle! :D

Tell him to sleep on his stomach.

Has anyone stayed at the Northridge Inn and Resort on Lake Bernard in the winter?

I'd be interested in hearing your review with regards to Trail Access, sled parking, gas, rooms, amenities, meals and so on. Looks pretty good !

Stayed there last January. Nice family-run place - excellent (and interesting) menu and the portions were generous, exactly what you need after a full day of riding. Wasn't too happy with the lake crossing, though. I was running #2 and the ice/slush opened up in a few places. Damn near pooped myself. :oops:

Stayed there last January. Nice family-run place - excellent (and interesting) menu and the portions were generous, exactly what you need after a full day of riding. Wasn't too happy with the lake crossing, though. I was running #2 and the ice/slush opened up in a few places. Damn near pooped myself. :oops:

I'd be pooping myself too ! Sounds like a destination more for February than January. But sounds nice. Thanks for the report, teener !

Last year the way the weather was the ice was poor just about everywhere with lots of slush. I head out from Port Severn and we have lots of ice to cross wherever we go. Can't go too far without hitting some. Places that are normally smooth and solid had large amounts of slush on them most of last year. I understand that was most places in Muskoka so I wouldn't discount Northridge based on the ice. It just sounds they had the typical situation most others did as well.

Good point re: ice.

We were wrestling with slush on ice all winter.

(Six Mile Lake)

Good point re: ice.

We were wrestling with slush on ice all winter.

(Six Mile Lake)

I turned down the temperature in the freezer

:rotflmao:

me and the wife stayed there about 2 years ago, food was good, rooms where realy nice, but u do have to ride about 10km dowm the lake to get to the trail, and there was no gas on site . everything was good but i did find it to be a little on the pricey side.

hope this helps.

I'd be pooping myself too ! Sounds like a destination more for February than January. But sounds nice. Thanks for the report, teener !

I can second these reports from both teener and whits-end. Although we haven't been there for a number of years, it was very nice "back then" too. Has changed ownership since then, but anything I've heard more recently has been good as well. As for the cost, it was worth every penny, because it definitely is a quality place....you do get what you pay for.

And you're right, STG -- the long (staked) run down the lake makes it definitely preferable as a Feb. vs Jan. destination. Now that the "D" Trail situation between South River and North Bay (in the Powassan area) has apparently finally been sorted out, maybe Northridge will get more traffic and the ice trail will get more use and be more solid.

Archived