I have a request for some of you folks .......

Nutter

Hey folks Yukon, myself and a few other have agreed to help out with the VIA booth at the show. So were asking that if any of you guy's who have trail work or any other volunteering pic's (TP, Grooming, Events ..ect.), could you please burn them onto a disk and bring them along to AGM (or give them to your club rep who is going if your not) and give them to either Yukon or myself at AGM.(full size/res will work best) We'd love to use them in the VIA booth. Also if anyone else who is already manning a district booth at the show, it'd be great if you could lend a hand at the VIA booth for a few min here and there through out the weekend. For that pm me if your interested.

Thanks folks :woot::woot:

Hey Nutter - what's the VIA booth?

(there's one in every class :roll: )

Hey Nutter - what's the VIA booth?

(there's one in every class :roll: )

Volunteers In Action - the booth will showcase the who, what, where, why and how on volunteering, with local clubs, districts, associations, and in a Provincial capacity through committees, shows and other Provincial programs.

:woot::woot:

Thanks Nutter.

See you at the show.

Hey folks Yukon, myself and a few other have agreed to help out with the VIA booth at the show. So were asking that if any of you guy's who have trail work or any other volunteering pic's (TP, Grooming, Events ..ect.), could you please burn them onto a disk and bring them along to AGM (or give them to your club rep who is going if your not) and give them to either Yukon or myself at AGM.(full size/res will work best) We'd love to use them in the VIA booth. Also if anyone else who is already manning a district booth at the show, it'd be great if you could lend a hand at the VIA booth for a few min here and there through out the weekend. For that pm me if your interested.

Thanks folks :woot::woot:

You're welcome to download/burn/whatever/ any of these pics of the brushing we did late last fall and the lake staking in January.

P1112031.jpg

P1112032.jpg

P1112034.jpg

PB221929.jpg

PB221930.jpg

PB221931.jpg

PB221932.jpg

PB221933.jpg

PB221934.jpg

PB221935.jpg

PB221936.jpg

PB221937.jpg

PB221938.jpg

PB221939.jpg

PB221940.jpg

PB221941.jpg

PB221942.jpg

PB221943.jpg

PB221944.jpg

PB221945.jpg

PB221946.jpg

PB221947.jpg

PB221948.jpg

PB221949.jpg

PB221950.jpg

PB221951.jpg

IMG00095.jpg

IMG00097.jpg

IMG00103.jpg

IMG00110.jpg

IMG00118.jpg

Snow pics. :woot:

I recall seeing these last year and thinking - "Great job".

Thanks Nutter.

See you at the show.

:woot::woot:

You're welcome to download/burn/whatever/ any of these pics of the brushing we did late last fall and the lake staking in January.

Fantastic pic's, thanks STG :woot::woot:

Hey Nutter,

DOnt use the last pic! :shock: ......................or just cut out the ugly guy on the left! :P

Ya I'll have to leave that one out, can't take a chance in the MOL seeing what the clubs used to do before the advent of safety equip, and them thinking this still happens.

.....and them thinking this still happens.

OK..... :wtf::?

Serious stuff now a days Dom, we all learned that the hard way with the death of a groomer operator and subsiquent charges being laid to club/association exec's. Since doing the training myself that Yukon did for our club, I went out and spent the couple hundy on my own gear for here around the house, and wear it religiously. Don't get me wrong I think it's great pic, but I think it's time we all do it and show it the right way, including using pic's or vid from before we changed how we did things, unless we are using it as an example. For the time and money it takes to safety up, it just isn't worth risks, we all want to go home to our families and ride the next day.

the .... guy on the left! :P

There's a 'supervisor' in every group.

8-)

Or, as we call them, 'management'.

Serious stuff now a days Dom, we all learned that the hard way with the death of a groomer operator and subsiquent charges being laid to club/association exec's. Since doing the training myself that Yukon did for our club, I went out and spent the couple hundy on my own gear for here around the house, and wear it religiously. Don't get me wrong I think it's great pic, but I think it's time we all do it and show it the right way, including using pic's or vid from before we changed how we did things, unless we are using it as an example. For the time and money it takes to safety up, it just isn't worth risks, we all want to go home to our families and ride the next day.

I know, I agree. I was referring to the thought that this does not happen anymore.... :rotflmao:

I know, I agree. I was referring to the thought that this does not happen anymore.... :rotflmao:

The fricken MOL does not apply to volenteering ! Now that said safety is paramount as volenteers are great people who need to go to work and enjoy life.

The fricken MOL does not apply to volenteering ! Now that said safety is paramount as volenteers are great people who need to go to work and enjoy life.

You might want to check into that Bill , with you now being the President for your club .

Why were volunteers being charged last year up their in your district by the MOL ?

Did you miss the mailout regarding joint health and safety ?

Clubs,Districts and associations are required to show due diligence !

Bill I thought the same, but had since learned through what the OFSc has passed along to it's clubs, that we fall under the same classification as Tourism and Hospitality workers, the fact that we don't receive a pay check means nothing when we take direction from a corp, corp meaning our indavidual clubs as they are all incorperated under their own identity. The officers/executives of the corp (club) must practice due diligence under the Ontario Health and Safety Act to provide a safe working environment for all under their direction .... paid or not. If they choose not to then they will be held legally responsible, under the Ontario Health and Safety Act.

Bill I thought the same, but had since learned through what the OFSc has passed along to it's clubs, that we fall under the same classification as Tourism and Hospitality workers, the fact that we don't receive a pay check means nothing when we take direction from a corp, corp meaning our indavidual clubs as they are all incorperated under their own identity. The officers/executives of the corp (club) must practice due diligence under the Ontario Health and Safety Act to provide a safe working environment for all under their direction .... paid or not. If they choose not to then they will be held legally responsible, under the Ontario Health and Safety Act.

Our club has provided safety equipment to our volenteers for over 15 years now . The bottom line is that nobody should get hurt . I doubt that the MOL truely has jurisdiction over volenteers, however my conscience does and as such we have ALWAYS provided best measures and equipment . Long before we were told to .

I know STG has the right gear but I dont think it has anything to do with using a chainsaw! ;)

I know STG has the right gear but I dont think it has anything to do with using a chainsaw! ;)

I just have to find my Rubber Hat and I'm ready to go !!

039-20431woody-allen-in-sleeper-posters.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Still on the hunt for more volunteering pic's folks .... trail work, events, meetings, admin, off season socials .... ect.

Big thanks to STG and 2bsledding for the pic's from the hard working Snowcrest crew :woot::woot:

I will be bringing our club picture album to agm for you.

I will also be asking all clubs from district 7 for some pictures aswell at agm.

See ya in 2 days my brotha !

P.S

Thanks for the pictures STD !

Archived