zrtkat in chapleau finnally

zrtkat

Hello everyone we finnally made it to chapleau we started our day in Heyden took the D trail to the d106 to aubrey falls ,it was quite a challenging day , 220 miles in total we did not get here to chapleau until 10:00 pm

heydentochapleau001.jpg

the D trail out of Heyden was great then we had to take the d106 trail and it had lots of snow on it but we had lots of fun riding the trail i was a little nervous being on a new trail but it was ok .

heydentochapleau012.jpg

we made it too the Aubrey falls trading post what nice people they are ,they called ahead to the Flame lodge to tell them we would be coming thru for gas and they waited for us to get us some gas super nice people we met today it makes our vacation much better :D

the trail d106 I could see the where the water was from the warmup,they are all frozen now you just have to be careful on the tight trails.

heydentochapleau011.jpg

the F trail from the flame lodge up to chapleau was in pretty good shape we could run that one pretty good not so many twisting trails

heydentochapleau015.jpg

heydentochapleau007.jpg

we had a long day much longer than I would have liked for the first day but we made it to Chapleau not until 10:00 pm ,the crew said we are so late because I talk too much when we stop for coffee, they probably are right but I really enjoyed the people we met today and so did they.

heydentochapleau017.jpg

if you see theses guys on the trail beware they talk as much as me LOL

ok I will be up-dating from Wawa tommorrow night

have a great night

zrtkat

Great report, love the pics!! Look forward to the next report!

Zrtcat, thanks a lot for the report and pictures. Half our group(4 of us) will be leaving Heyden next Friday 2/1 and heading to Wawa then over to Chapleau on Sat. The other half of our group(4) will be leaving Heyden on Sat and we will meet up in Chapleau Saturday evening.

We will then be heading to Cochrane, Hearst, Wawa, and finally back to Heyden on Wed. 2/6. Your reports are a big help to us and I look forward to reading them over the next week. If you see a group of 7 Yamahas and 1 kittycat say hello.

Snow and trails look great. Have a great rest of your trip. Dave

Chapleau to Wawa ? You'll love that !! Great trail through the reserve. Stop at Ernie's for gas and the best burger you've ever had and then across Dog Lake to pick up the trail to LucVille. Amazing ride from there. You'll have a great day. Take pix so I can drool.

good morning everyone as you can tell it is a late morning already ,just woke up need coffee and breakfast :o feel a little tired this morning ,sore but it should get better as we go.sinjin I will keep you up-dated on the trails nightly,maybe we will cross on the trails over the trails will keep a eye open for you.

slow touring guy we will stop at ernies and check out them burgers :lol: nice place there. as I look out our window of the motel it is snowing now, looks like another great day. we are wawa bound then to hornepayne then kapuskasing then we have to decide from there which would be a good place to go.?????

have a great day

zrtkat

Thanks for the report zrtkat...great pic's ....if u cann't decide what to do after the Kap, ride on across the top Moonbeam etc, and spend a night in Cochrane( Lillabelle Lodge would be my choice) u could maybe spend a couple of night's there and run a day trip up to the canyon etc,then drop dowm to Timmin's and across.

Leprechaun that sounds like a Idea that canyon run I heard about it we will decide when we are in kapuskasing then maybe we will go to cochrane . we might do that we have heard about that canyon ,thanks for the ideas.

big reg we are leaving chapleau shortly after we get dressed will be looking for you at dub :)

zrtkat

Thanks for the report zrtkat...great pic's ....if u cann't decide what to do after the Kap, ride on across the top Moonbeam etc, and spend a night in Cochrane( Lillabelle Lodge would be my choice) u could maybe spend a couple of night's there and run a day trip up to the canyon etc,then drop dowm to Timmin's and across.

Good idea Lep, the trails to Cochrane are excellent!!! They can stay in Cochrane then head to Chapleau from there and head up to Hornepayne!!

I think I'm going to go check out our trails around here today, I'll bring my camera! :twisted:

Leprechaun and Evil thanks for the ideas that sounds like a nice ride,if we go to the canyon ,are the trails marked or what is the best way to ride there.???

thanks again

zrtkat

zrtkat there's a new trail running to the canyon via Smooth Rock Fall's this year,i have not been up to ride it yet,the trail i am familiar with, run's out of Cochrane up to the Canyon its about 100 miles up,the new trail make's it a loop now so your not back tracking,The trailer is open and fuel and snack's are avail,its a cash only deal up there,If your group like's to play in the powder and climb it is difinitely worth the trip.contact Billy from extreme tours or Rod from Lillabelle Lodge they should have current condition's,

http://www.lillabellelodge.com/

BTW both are OC sponor's...also check what ontflatlander had to say viewtopic.php?f=10&t=408

100 miles one direction? :?:

We drove the truck [back in '96] up to Frazerdale from Smooth Rock and it was only 50 miles. I understand that the canyon is a bit further? And also if your leaving from Cochrane thatthere is some curvies on the way.... but 100 miles?

I marked it down on a paper somewhere what mile marker it was on from the train - but I haven't seen that paper in yrs. ???

Just confirming that you don't mean 100 klicks one way?

100 miles one direction? :?:

We drove the truck [back in '96] up to Frazerdale from Smooth Rock and it was only 50 miles. I understand that the canyon is a bit further? And also if your leaving from Cochrane thatthere is some curvies on the way.... but 100 miles?

I marked it down on a paper somewhere what mile marker it was on from the train - but I haven't seen that paper in yrs. ???

Just confirming that you don't mean 100 klicks one way?

Ox it's 100 miles from Cochrane,ontflatlander posted its about 90km form Smooth Rock on the new trail which is around 50-55miles u are correct 50 miles form SR

Archived