Please Vote for the Kelly Shires Foundation

maple

Although I agree (to a point), we probably wouldn't have congregated in Bracebridge and Parry Sound over the last couple of years and had such a great time ...

I believe some good things have come out of the changes made ... we all got to meet some great people from this forum!

I think we should continue our gathering but what about all the women who are not aware of our ride and are being turned away from the KS ride? There a strong comradery amongst the women participating at the event.

It sounds like many participate in both runs, which is great. Congrats to KS for additional funding from the recent voting.

Maple, Giddy Up, volunteers/sponsors and the two venues to date have been fantastic (we were only able to attend Parry Sound last year, but others had great things to say about Bracebridge).

As for 'minimum contributions' - the two events give folks a choice.

And some not so great! :D

Aw, UTS...don't be so hard on yourself!... :poke: :P

Any thinking so far as to where next year's event will be taking place? Had heard Midland/Owen Sound being discussed. Fairly central to most, but chancy snow conditions?

Was thinking Almalguin area usually has good, consistent conditions, but 'infrastructure' concerns, i.e. hotel accomodation is rather slim. Any thoughts?

bracebridge again! :wavey:

Lovely but PLEASE don't take us back to that GAWDAWFUL Riverside again. :!:

Was thinking Almalguin area usually has good, consistent conditions, but 'infrastructure' concerns, i.e. hotel accomodation is rather slim. Any thoughts?]

Lot's of choices Slomo in the Sundridge, Burks Falls, Pickerel Lake, blah blah areas.

Lots.

DeerHurst, too, would be nice but I expect would be too pricey. But there are others as well in the algonquin area.

I suspect the tournout is getting too large for smaller venues.

I would suspect a larger hotel would have to be booked for next year.

That being said, I liked the riverside. Thought it was ok and provided what we needed.

And the bowling alley was cool!

That will depend where it ends up....I know a five hour drive is pretty much my limit. Unless, of course, we can take a few days off and make it a vacation!!!

I had suggested Owen Sound because there would be a better chance of getting more riders from the south to attend. If I remember correctly, their trails were open the weekend of our ride this year.

There are two fairly large hotels in that area that would be able to accomodate a larger capacity for our ride. We would certainly have a great guide (Faceman) that knows the area well and can assist with plotting out successful tours. We would also be supporting another boardmember's club.

If anyone watched the SnowTrax episode that featured their ride in Owen Sound and area you would see that it is a beautiful place to ride and there is something new to see in every turn.

Even if we don't have the ride there this year, Mossy and I plan on going up for a long weekend...

Just my 2 cents...for whatever that's worth these days!!!

Ok Faceman...I started it.....your turn!!!!

Archived