zrtkat in Chapleau What a day Today

zrtkat

Hello everyone we made it here to Chapleau ,well let me tell you about our ride today it started out a great day we left Elliot lake the trails where great .They where nice all the way to Aubrey falls the trail gives you a workout tight twisty trails .

When we got to the trading post there had to be 50 snowmobiles getting gas and eating ,we stopped had a coffee and hit the trail again.

ontario2009elliotlaketochapleau004.jpg

these are the trails at Elliot Lake

ontario2009elliotlaketochapleau006.jpg

ontario2009elliotlaketochapleau004.jpg

we met a groomer right before Aubrey Falls

ontario2009elliotlaketochapleau011.jpg

ontario2009elliotlaketochapleau014.jpg

Ok so we left the trading post the trails are tight and twisty as many of you know ,well we had 3 groups coming south on the F trail they thought they where Nascar drivers :curse: Well I always take the lead in our group and the first group he came around the sharpest turn in my lane he was sideways in front of me I kept going at him it was to fast to react to this dumb### ,well he just missed my front ski by inches he gets passed me and he goes into the bush he was looking back to see if he put me off the trail. Well I tell you this was quite a experience for me .I stopped on the trail and took a break. ( this is the reason I quit going to the UP of michigan) So we take off it was not a half hour goes bye another group same deal coming around a blind corner not worrying about any one else but themselves.

I was so worried about the traffic coming down south I really slowed down hoping I could get out of this trail safely. Well we made it too Flame lake lodge filled up our tanks and we where off again.

these are the trails north of flame lake lodge

ontario2009elliotlaketochapleau0-2.jpg

I can tell you there is no Grooming on the F trail north of flame lake lodge ,the trail finished me off ,I could barely hold on. It ruined the rest of my day ,the trails where snow bumpy with all the traffic coming from

chapleau.That is why they are limited condition because they are not grooming, south of flame lake they are trying their best to groom the trails and it really shows .

Ok last we took this picture of this wolf right before Chapleau i wish I would have had my bigger lense on to zoom the picture in

ontario2009elliotlaketochapleau020.jpg

ontario2009elliotlaketochapleau019.jpg

Ok everyone zrtkat is sore and tired he is getting his pajamas on and going to bed

tommorrow we are heading to Cochrane will repot tommorrow

goodnight

zrtkat& crew

Groomer Guy I will get some pictures today of the trail,we are headed to cochcrane today will get some pics of the trail ,we are hoping they did something with the trail to timmins.

have a great day

zrtkat

Groomer Guy I will get some pictures today of the trail,we are headed to cochcrane today will get some pics of the trail ,we are hoping they did something with the trail to timmins.

have a great day

zrtkat

Where did you stay in Chaleau? We normally stay at the Aux Trois Moulin but we are thinking of staying at Velentine farms B&B.

valentine farms is a great choice jds. ross is an awesome host. and they have inside storage. it isnt heated storage but the sleds come in from outside at night. they are right on the trail, just accross the river from aux trois, and down the road from the opp shop. ski

valentine farms is a great choice jds. ross is an awesome host. and they have inside storage. it isnt heated storage but the sleds come in from outside at night. they are right on the trail, just accross the river from aux trois, and down the road from the opp shop. ski

Thanks Ski I just made my reservations this afternoon. I've heard good things about the place. I also called Aux Trois Moulin and cancelled our rooms there and the lady said the groomers went out yesterday. :woot:

jds here is some reading for you.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3474

roger that owns the aux trois moulin and the riverside hotels is spear heading this. now it sounds like the mayor of the town is on board also. great way to promote the region to cut off other towns for more business for yourself.

i personally find it very hard to believe it will cost less to open a new trail, than to maintain a current trail. even ernie at missanabi has said there are easy ways around the problems that are on the current trail. but chapleau is being pig headed about the issue and their solution is the only one.

ski

jds here is some reading for you.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3474

roger that owns the aux trois moulin and the riverside hotels is spear heading this. now it sounds like the mayor of the town is on board also. great way to promote the region to cut off other towns for more business for yourself.

i personally find it very hard to believe it will cost less to open a new trail, than to maintain a current trail. even ernie at missanabi has said there are easy ways around the problems that are on the current trail. but chapleau is being pig headed about the issue and their solution is the only one.

ski

WOW thats too bad. I do like the idea of the trail from Halfway haven to Chapleau but not at the expense of the F trail. We ride the F trail to Chapleau every year and enjoy it. The last two years we have taken the road to dalton because the trail wasn't groomed from Ernie's to Dalton. Two years ago we had to take the road because the trail had a couple ft of fresh snow on it and they had no intentions of breaking through it much less groom it. I hope they work things out because I have been going to Ontario for 25 years and I love the riding and the people there.

Two years ago we had to take the road because the trail had a couple ft of fresh snow on it and they had no intentions of breaking through it much less groom it.

:coffeespit:

:lol:

:wavey:

:rotflmao:

We were at Valentine Farms last week.

First class hospitality. Indoor sled storage.

If you're coming from the south, get gas at the Esso so you don't have to double back in the morning for fuel.

It's only 1 or 2 km to get fuel, but whey head south in am if you're going north.

The NASCAR bunch were staying in Wawa the night we were there. One guy was in the rhubarb before they even got to Hawk Lake. About 7 miles to Hawk Jct. W/ the fresh snow the region got the night before & the way they were riding, TOP D was a mess until the TOP F junction.

You could tell that the D'ville club had groomed south to their warm up shack & turned around, but the idgits had really chewed up the trail. I imagine a groomer operator like to see that.

The Riverside & Aux Trois Moulins are in cahoots? We stayed @ the Riverside in 2000. Nothing special & no rest' nearby. I'd 2nd the vote for Valentine's. Stayed there a few years later.

Archived