Open Limited

Faceman

Stoney Keppel Riders as well as Wiarton Trailblazers have opened up Limited. We have received a significant amount of snow in the last 24 hrs and there is more in the forecast. Please watch out for icy corners and the occassional washout. I know other member clubs are scrambling to get their trails up and running. Check the OFSC website for more updates. :rockon::rockon::rockon:

That's great news Faceman!!! :woot:

Stoney Keppel Riders as well as Wiarton Trailblazers have opened up Limitied. We have received a significant amount of snow in the last 24 hrs and there is more in the forecast. Please watch out for icy corners and the occassional washout. I know other member clubs are scrambling to get their trails up and running. Check the OFSC website for more updates. :rockon::rockon::rockon:

Great news......now where exactly is that??? Diceman

Anything west of Owen Sound...don't venture much south of 21 or you'll find dirt and bumpy, but having said that it's snowing hard here right now. Pick and chose and you'll be fine. Just checked....8 inches on the deck and still snowing. If Wiarton openned limited you should be OK Purple Valley way...

Going to the OC Ride in Parry Sound this weekend ....CYAH

I'll try and update in the AM if I have time

As of 11pm we have most of a foot. Light powder but a good dump none the less. I'm in for a boot on Sunday if anyone is up to it.

Need to beg Mike to blow my driveway if needed while I'm gone.

I get to fly out of Wiarton, Wednesday, on the C130 transports now, direct flight, vs Pearson at 6am on civi planes. F'in eh. Should be a good show. I'll try to get pics.

Never been, exactly how big is the Wiarton airport?

Wiarton has a paved 5021 ft strip and a 3000ft gravel cross strip. It was at one time a federal airport. There was a bunch of them built years ago all within the 100 mile mark of Pearson Intl. Strips were made long enough that anything including a Jumbo could land in an emergency. Mind you they'd have to dismantle it to take it out but it could land.

vooodooo what time you flying out I'll be the one sitting on my sled watching the trail goes right past the airport :)

Good news!! :D If you're out there PVSledhead, does this apply to the Purple Valley loop and the trail to Hope Bay- thinking of coming up tomorrow. Kevin McHugh

We dont have a whole bunch of snow but its probably rideable.The base looks like its ok most places.If the base is there you should be alright.I might make it out tomorrow afternoon or Sunday.Wish I was off Wed,I'd love to see that C130!

Steve

Had the penninsula pretty well to ourselves all weekend.

Trails were for the most part very good.

Even broke trail on the purple valley loop Sat. am.

Thanks again to all the clubs who did a great job on getting up and running

after the thaw.

vooodooo what time you flying out I'll be the one sitting on my sled watching the trail goes right past the airport :)

"Supposed" to be land at 9, load, leave at 10:30. Landing I believe...leaving..well loading may take more than an hour and a half.

Trails were great Sunday.

Thanks vooodooo don't know about watching it land I'd have to leave at 8 thus get up at 7 that's hard :) , watching it take off is my plan now . I googled it looks like a big plane thanks for your commitment to this country are you loading your sled on it ? Should be room :wavey:

• 2 weeks later...

Can I get permission to upload bigger files? Most of my pics are in the 1 meg range.

Can I get permission to upload bigger files? Most of my pics are in the 1 meg range.

Nope, they would be too big to view for many users. If needed, upload them to photobucket. Photobucket will resize them for you. Or you can email them to domino at ontarioconditions.com. I'll resize them and send them back.

Nope, they would be too big to view for many users. If needed, upload them to photobucket. Photobucket will resize them for you. Or you can email them to domino at ontarioconditions.com. I'll resize them and send them back.

Does that mean that the C130 that Voodoo flew on will now look like a Cessna 172???

:wtf::wtf::wtf:

• 2 weeks later...

On behalf of the Stoney Keppel Riders...thanks to all volunteers, landowners and sledders who purchased permits in our area. To those who rode GB this winter, thanks. And rest assured that we are constantly working with the "big guy" to improve conditions. Have a great summer :woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:

Although I never rode your trails this year thanks for volunteering and making our trail system what it is, without folks like you we have NO TRAILS!!!!!

So

THANK YOU!!!!!

Archived