Welcome to the Yamaha Demo Ride Forum

LuvMyViper

Hey everyone.. I have created this forum for people to post their thoughts on their Yamaha Demo rides. I will be posting reports about the sleds I am riding during the course of the season..

In mid Janaury, Krusty and I joined Yamaha Canada and along the fine people from SuperTrax for a test ride of the new top secret 2010 Yamaha Vector as well as several sleds from the Yamaha 2009 lineup.. I will be posting my report this evening.. Supertrax will also be posting their report on their website at

The Vector is supposed to be one sweet sled.

Hey John.. Yup. Very snappy, light and fun.... The Vector has come a long way from the 2005 sled... It's very Apexish with lots of new stuff....... It's amazing the details Yamaha goes through to create their sleds...

We (Yamaha riders :) ) were talking about Ski-Doos 'obsession' with weight reduction in their sleds.

Not sure if weights 'were' or 'will be' posted, but suggest that 'weight' should not be the starting point in building or evaluating a sled for most folks.

I see that Yamaha is still too afraid to publish the weights on their sleds...

Did they lighten up the Vector at all?

Hey OntRider. Not sure of the official weight of the prototype Vector I rode but it did feel light.. I am a trail rider and weight is not a big concern for me.. I have been riding triples for a longtime and don't feel the extra weight of a triple...

The Vector handled very nicely when I rode it and handled excellent. That day I rode a Nytro RTX, Apex, Vector GT, Venture and a Nytro LTX (long track)..

I was very impressed with the ride of the Venture// I have been riding them, since 2006 in test rides and the 2009 and very impressive.. The handling was great, much improved from the first few years I rode the Venture...

For me, it's still the Apex....

We (Yamaha riders :) ) were talking about Ski-Doos 'obsession' with weight reduction in their sleds.

Not sure if weights 'were' or 'will be' posted, but suggest that 'weight' should not be the starting point in building or evaluating a sled for most folks.

Weight is an important consideration for me, hence the reason why I asked. Sorry if I ruffled your feathers by being concerned about it.

Weight is an important consideration for me, hence the reason why I asked. Sorry if I ruffled your feathers by being concerned about it.

Canuck doesnt have any feathers, he has scales! :D

No feathers ruffled :lol:

Wasn't sure what you meant by 'too afraid' to publish. I thought the info. was out there.

You're on an awesome machine (Renegade) and one which I looked at long and hard when I was looking at sleds.

I was having the same conversation (weight) with my XP riding buddy. He of the opinion that light is not always good....I'm not a fan of lighter Yamahas...things seem to get fragile. I'll pay extra for 5lbs of quality if it means more time on the snow.

Oh you can't ruffle his feather :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao: ...

I'll pay extra for 5lbs of quality if it means more time on the snow.

It's way more than 5lbs, though...

If the Nytro XTX was the same weight (or less; that's 500lbs, BTW) as my Renegade, I'd seriously think about buying one...

I'll pay extra for 5lbs of quality if it means more time on the snow.

It's way more than 5lbs, though...

If the Nytro XTX was the same weight (or less; that's 500lbs, BTW) as my Renegade, I'd seriously think about buying one...

I'm talking 5lbs on top of my RX lol. The nytro is a featherweight compared to what I ride. We've got an RTX and it's definetly lighter (then my sled) but to me it makes zero difference other then lifting into the truck. But..that's me. There's a reason we have all of this choice...

Hey OntRider. Not sure of the official weight of the prototype Vector I rode but it did feel light.. I am a trail rider and weight is not a big concern for me.. I have been riding triples for a longtime and don't feel the extra weight of a triple...

The Vector handled very nicely when I rode it and handled excellent. That day I rode a Nytro RTX, Apex, Vector GT, Venture and a Nytro LTX (long track)..

I was very impressed with the ride of the Venture// I have been riding them, since 2006 in test rides and the 2009 and very impressive.. The handling was great, much improved from the first few years I rode the Venture...

Nytro LTX? More info please. :D

If you ever want to demo my Ape, I am a phone call away

:?::?:

If you ever want to demolish my Ape, I am a phone call away

:?::?::rotflmao:

Anyone know if Yamaha is looking into changing there ski's ?? The one's I've tried darted badly and talking to a few dealers they say the first thing you do is add dually carbides or replace your ski's . Now for me I'm not about to fork out large cash for a new sled that needs new ski's , Yamaha must know they have a problem .

Anyone know if Yamaha is looking into changing there ski's ?? The one's I've tried darted badly and talking to a few dealers they say the first thing you do is add dually carbides or replace your ski's . Now for me I'm not about to fork out large cash for a new sled that needs new ski's , Yamaha must know they have a problem .

Setup will cure 90% of the darting. I've run stock yamaha skis for along time and don't have an issue. I've got a small shim under my ski rubber and Stud-boy shaper bars....maybe I've just adapted my riding style :).

I switched to dual carbides a few seasons ago (tried both Woody's Doolys and the StudBoy Duece Bars) and it eliminated the darting in most conditions. This year I switched to the Kimpex Arrow Skis and they made a huge difference as far as eliminating the push (understeer) in the corners once I adjusted the suspension to transfer some weight to the skis.

I'd never go back to single carbides.

I think there trying to throw their dealers a bolt on $$ bone (most dealers should be able to deal a set of duallys in when your buying new sled)....... Try the new Woody's Slim Jim duallys, had them on both the Apex LTX and Nytro XTX had for demo's for a few weeks. Big improvement in handling on both. The Apex LTX responded about the same with Yamaha duallys, but the Nytro seemed to like the Slim Jims better, as did the RS Venture I demo'd. The new 2010 Vector I tried out for a quick rip just had stock singles on it, but there was a noticable improvement in handling, ski's looked to be the same ?

My XTX handles like it's on rails. It took a couple thousand kms, a lot of experimenting and a set of skis. I wasn't sure about the sled when I first rode it, but I am now. Pulls like a bear to 100mph and thats it, no more. Handles and rides as good as my Rev.

Rode with a 800 Rev yesterday that has a 'lot' of engine mods (Cudney head, V-Force reeds, port and polish, booster ports added, Cudney clutching done right) and rider that weighs 50lbs less than me. Heads up race, I would get him out of the hole by 2 lengths and by the time I topped out at 100 mph he would be 1 lenghth behind me and then slowly drive by with his longer legs. Bone stock Nytro with no clutching.

Not bad for a 600 class sled....... :wtf:

Archived