Hyland Trailers

crackher

What, if anything does anyone know about Hyland Trailers? I am trying to get a feel for how much this trailer is worth

Double sled

Tilt

Extra high Salt Screen

Galv. construction

No ski guides

it has a steel deck with a plywood top layer

20" corrgated steel where the track would sit one tied down

Bearing buddies

It does not have the skinny wheels nor the fatties they look like 14" tires

I tried to get a hold hyland but the website looks like it is no longer opperating, and I looked them up (Bolton, ON) but the number is not in service. Are they out of business?

They are probably 12" tires. Is this trailer used or new? New would proably go for $1500 + used $500 - $900 depending on how old.

What, if anything does anyone know about Hyland Trailers? I am trying to get a feel for how much this trailer is worth

Double sled

Tilt

Extra high Salt Screen

Galv. construction

No ski guides

it has a steel deck with a plywood top layer

20" corrgated steel where the track would sit one tied down

Bearing buddies

It does not have the skinny wheels nor the fatties they look like 14" tires

I tried to get a hold hyland but the website looks like it is no longer opperating, and I looked them up (Bolton, ON) but the number is not in service. Are they out of business?

Yup, they are out of business as of last spring, I believe. They built a good trailer, too bad the competition apparently got the better of them. We had one of their clamshell-style covered trailers for 8 years...it was a very serviceable unit, we liked it a lot.

irREV

its a used trailer, but not abused.. the tires are great, and everything looks to be in great cond. thanks for the input

Wih the larger tire size does it make it more difficult to load?

I see a lot of trailer with old sections of track for traction pads? Are these actually manufactured or are guys just finding old sleds and using the tracks off of them?

'cause I don't have any old track hangin' 'round

I had a 98 Hyland double that I sold 3 years ago for $500 if that helps. Most guys cut up an old track stop by a shop and see if they will give you a track that is no longer serviceable.

We own a Hyland inline trailer (two sleds on narrow, 21 foot trailer).

Awesome trailer.

Owned it for almost 10 years, and the trailer is solid. Wiring needed attention last year, but that's to be expected.

Prices suggested by others are fair.

Canuck, I have one like yours and it has been terrific for 10+ years as well, I could never use a side-by-side after having one of these.

My lighting is going a bit wonky this year as well. Did you need to redo the entire wiring, or just touch up grounding and light fixtures.

A project for a mild day. I keep a lighting unit mounted on a bar with me to lash on in case of darkness as my tail lights aren't working on the trailer now, turn signals okay. Probably some corrosion somewhere, but where is always the difficult question.

Sad to hear they have closed up.

Tried playing with it and gave up.

New wiring.

Front to back.

what would one of those 20ft inline hyland trailers be worth if it was a 98 and in good shape? I'm looking at one possbily tomorrow and he's asking $1200. This is the type of trailer I'm after as well.

I would think $800 -1200 for that vintage. Leaving aside condition (obvious price impact), does it have a "spare tire" (adds a few $), what type of tires are on it (some folks save $ by not putting on trailer tires - ie use regular tires). Condition of wiring?

Sounds like the deluxe model with the 13" tires. I had one just like it and sold it for $1500.00 four years ago, it was a 2000 model. They last sold new for $2500.00 with the spare tire and ski guides. Very good trailer they are fully welded using thicker gauge tubing and then fully hot galvanized dipped- no rust. I now have the same version only enclosed, both have been the best trailing I have pulled, they are perfectly balanced when loaded.

Sorry to hear they closed their doors, they made a very good product of which few people were willing to pay the extra $ for obviously, too bad.

Sounds like the deluxe model with the 13" tires. I had one just like it and sold it for $1500.00 four years ago, it was a 2000 model. They last sold new for $2500.00 with the spare tire and ski guides. Very good trailer they are fully welded using thicker gauge tubing and then fully hot galvanized dipped- no rust. I now have the same version only enclosed, both have been the best trailing I have pulled, they are perfectly balanced when loaded.

Sorry to hear they closed their doors, they made a very good product of which few people were willing to pay the extra $ for obviously, too bad.

I went and checked it out. Actually I decided to buy it then and there and brought it home. It has 13" tires and are in good shape, no spare. No rust anywhere. Has the manual winch at the front and has the ski guides and an old snowmobile track down the middle the whole length. The only question I've got is when you tilt this sucker how the hell do you hold it down? and once I load the first sled it's going to be a bit of a bitch to hold it down for the second sled. Is there something I'm missing or is there some kind of technique to loading?

There's a little cog lever on the winch with a spring. As you crank it up, the cog engages in the winch gear and holds it up in place, even with the front sled loaded on.

When you go to let it down, you have to release the cog lever and then let it down carefully or it will spin and you'll get hurt by the spinning handle.

It's a good idea to make a little ramp for each side when you go to load as there is a 4-6" rise from the ground to the trailer, especially if there is a sled on the front. You can catch your runners on the knife edge and it brings you to a sudden stop.

I made a little ramp out of a plastic truck liner with a couple of bolts hanging down to catch the knife edge, otherwise the ski will grab it and it will slide along under the ski. I tried piles of snow but the little 3' ramps work well.

If you need photos of winch or ramp let me know.

Brian

North Bay, ON

I've had my trailer for 10+ years. Tows beautifully and is easy to back up.

I've got a grounding or wiring problem but that's it. Oh, watch your bearings keep them full of grease. Simeone stole or I lost my bearing buddy and the sand & salt got in a ruined the hub, had to replace the whole axle.

doh :banghead: . What the hell is wrong with me. Thanks , I think I need a drink after asking a dumb question like that. I'll check into the ramp idea tomorrow.

There are boat railer winches with brakes . One of them would be a good addition to these trailers .

I've got brake winches in stock AND I sit beside the guy that used to own Hyland lol....

For what it's worth, please tell him he made a top quality product. Everyone that has a Hyland Trailer that I've talked to is very pleased with the quality.

I bought mine in North Bay at Jim Mulligan Distributing (JMD) in November 1997 for $1,500, after seeing the Hyland Display at the Snowmobile Show.

For what it's worth, please tell him he made a top quality product. Everyone that has a Hyland Trailer that I've talked to is very pleased with the quality.

I bought mine in North Bay at Jim Mulligan Distributing (JMD) in November 1997 for $1,500, after seeing the Hyland Display at the Snowmobile Show.

Hyland made an excellent product. Lots of metal in them and very well galvanized. I am still confused as to why they quit.

It's a good idea to make a little ramp for each side when you go to load as there is a 4-6" rise from the ground to the trailer, especially if there is a sled on the front. You can catch your runners on the knife edge and it brings you to a sudden stop.

I have the same problem with my Triton. I throw a 4 foot chunk 4" PVC pipe in the back and place it across the back of the trailer (on the ground) when loading. It just rolls with the skis and lifts them into the guides.

Archived