Hyland Trailers

crackher

That PVC idea is a great one, i'll give it a try too..

There are boat railer winches with brakes . One of them would be a good addition to these trailers .

I've got brake winches in stock AND I sit beside the guy that used to own Hyland lol....

Apparently the dual inline trailer came with a brake winch...due to the face smacking issue posed by a standerd winch.....:)

Love the idea of the pipe on the ground, easier than my two ramps.

I guess I have a 'brake' winch as it has the little cog lever that engages in the sprocket that clicks as you raise the trailer and keeps it up when you take your hand off the handle.

Upon lowering, you need to disengage the cog lever and this is where you need to pay attention, particularly if you are only removing the back sled and the weight of the front sled can bring the trailer down quickly if you're not careful and the handle can get spinning.

• 4 years later...

Hyland made an excellent product. Lots of metal in them and very well galvanized. I am still confused as to why they quit.

WB - Any idea on bearing size for the single axle, inline snowmobile double trailer?  1 - 1/16" probably?

Just finished my boat trailer wheel bearings so probably worthwhile to do the old Hyland as well.  It's been a great trailer.

WB - Any idea on bearing size for the single axle, inline snowmobile double trailer?  1 - 1/16" probably?

Just finished my boat trailer wheel bearings so probably worthwhile to do the old Hyland as well.  It's been a great trailer.

no sorry you will have to measure it

I see a lot of trailer with old sections of track for traction pads? Are these actually manufactured or are guys just finding old sleds and using the tracks off of them?

'cause I don't have any old track hangin' 'round

go to TSC store and buy what they sell as a stall mat. It is 4 ft. X 6ft I believe and can be cut with a circular saw into strips the width of the track and screwed down on the trailer. Princess Auto has similar mats as well. They are inexpensive, thicker and a lot less than the ones that they sell particularly for the sled trailer.

Archived