UTS' fantastical adventure!

UsedtoSkidoo

Started out at Gravnehurst boat Launch. For those of you who know, its an excellent launching place for a ride. The temperature was a nice and balmy -24 and FREAKIN cold! We left at about 10 and travelled north up the B trail through Gravenhurst. and on to Bracebridge. Got gas at the Canadian Tire gas bar.

The have a nice new setup. Nice and large instead of that Porta-potti they used to have.

Anywho, after filling the sleds we went north up throug Port Sydney. The traffic was surprisingly light but I think thats because it was colder than a witches tit!(I love that phrase! :D ) Once in Port Sydney after repairing a fouled plug we set out across Mary Lake. There were a bunch of sled tracks and some branches to mark the trail. Seemed to be a lot of slush but it was frozen solid. We only crossed it because it was the only way to go. Not recommended.

From there we went past the Happy Wanderers clubhouse and south on the D103B to Baysville.

The trails were very new and not up to the normal standards but there were very little trees in the way and its very early in the season.

Fairly uneventful to the Pav in Baysville where we got incredibly drunk and then passed out for an hour. (Just kidding! Although that is the norm for Saturday night at the Pav for Baysvillians isnt it? :D )

The Canadian Club(Not what you think) was fairly good. The fries a bit undercooked but all in all some decent grub.

We then went back out on the trail south towards B-Bridge or G-hurst.

Travelling south on the D103 b we saw fresh groomer tracks on the 44 and headed that way. Sadly we came upon a freshly downed grromer drag inbedded in the muck and swamps with obviously a busted hydraulic hose. We turned around and made it down to the Fraserburg road which we though would take us around to the other sied of trail 44.

Well as a good friend of mine said once, " It seemed like a good Idea at the time." 8-)

Trail 44 was not open or even ran at that point. So we hiked over to Bracebridge on Fraserburg road over HWY 11 and then back over to south of the Falls. Ditchbanged over to the Large Gravel pit on the B trail and headed south.

Almost at an end to our adventure we came along and were stopped by the Boys In Blue. Well their lips were blue and with a quick flash of my Bunny Credentials the POPO informed us to go ahead but be aware that the speed limit on the trails was 50km/h..............who knew! :roll:

Back to G-hurst in 15 mins or so and our adventure was over. 95 miles 4 and three quarters of an hour.

Not bad for early season riding. I cant wait for more snow as these trails need them.

Ride on fellow Oc'ers! :woot:

Sorry for the retarded posting! :D

The 700 Dragon is a nice ride. It likes to foul plugs. But other than that, the 700 is very fast when its cleaned out and running right.

Im getting 13 mpg and oil consumption is decent.

It rode like a truck but I never set the suspension up. I need to tighten up the rear( please feel free to use this :D ) and soften the dampening. The rebound seems ok.

Im not in love with the sled but I only have 100 miles on it. Power from that 700 is more than my old 800 ptek had. Ski-doo seems to be much more refined and less edgy! And why in the hell did they put the jackshaft bearing protruding into the right footwell! :banghead::banghead::banghead: So dumb. I ride with HMK boots and I have to jam them in! Dummies!

I think thats because it was colder than a witches tit!(I love that phrase! :D )

Isn't that LMV's specialty ?

Not anymore!!!

Thanks for the report UTS.. It looked lik ewe will be going to Sydney's/Muskoka Motion next Friday for the weekend, ,woot woot woot

I think thats because it was colder than a witches tit!(I love that phrase! :D )

Isn't that LMV's specialty ?

Not anymore!!!

Thanks for the report UTS.. It looked lik ewe will be going to Sydney's/Muskoka Motion next Friday for the weekend, ,woot woot woot

That area needs more snow. You can run but not huge loops. The cold temps will help the swamps and lakes.

Have fun!

Meanwhile, further north.....

Got to the Seguin Trail parking lot at around 10:30 am. Would have got there earlier, but bad extension cord on truck block heater and -27 celcius temps delayed start. At last minute, before leaving Chez Slomo, put spare car battery in back of truck. A lifesaver as it turned out as engine on touring couch so cold, battery would not turn it over, and pull cord wouldn't either. Was able to boost sled with car battery while still on trailer. (which is why I'm rethinking this 4 stroke thing for future sled purchase)

By 11:30 am temps had risen from 'colder than a block of antarctic penguin crap' to 'colder than witches tit'. Wanted to get coffee at Tim's to warm up, but long lineups due to 2 greyhound busses stopping at info center.

Headed off after warming belt for some inconsequential, casual, no particular route in mind riding with a view to using secondary trails to MacTier and back. After 25 miles or so on various trails, heard funny noise from track area of machine. Make my way over to Wild Bill's place. Run into Golden Eyes and crew fixing a machine. Congrats on the new job GE!

Wild Bill graciously takes time to come out, flip machine over with one hand and point out copious amounts of ice in tunnel rubbing against track. Damn....of course....funny how you forget sounds you've heard before but it's been a year since the track last iced up! WB lets me take one of his new touring machines out for a spin.....forget the type, but AC 4 stroke touring....very high up riding position took some time to get used to, but very smooth, quiet sled.

Back on the trail and a meandering ride to somewhere near MacTier on local trails and the C then back to the Seguin parking lot over the next few hours. Stopped twice by OPP, but look at trail pass and wave me on. Want to get burger at Lick's but line ups too long due to 2 greyhound busses pulling in.

Return Chez Slomo after dark, back trailer into tree, and park truck wheel on socket of block heater extension cord. Have a bit of ice to chop today.

All open trails, even those listed as limited in very good shape, with the occasional 'potato' grinding carbides, but traffic very low and a nice sunshiny, crisp ride. Well worth the effort of getting out.

Thanks for the reports UTS and slomo. Sounds like you both had great rides yesterday.

And as much as it kills me to admit it, the AC 2-up is a nice ride.

Started out at Gravnehurst boat Launch. For those of you who know, its an excellent launching place for a ride. The temperature was a nice and balmy -24 and FREAKIN cold! We left at about 10 and travelled north up the B trail through Gravenhurst. and on to Bracebridge. Got gas at the Canadian Tire gas bar.

The have a nice new setup. Nice and large instead of that Porta-potti they used to have.

Anywho, after filling the sleds we went north up throug Port Sydney. The traffic was surprisingly light but I think thats because it was colder than a witches tit!(I love that phrase! :D ) Once in Port Sydney after repairing a fouled plug we set out across Mary Lake. There were a bunch of sled tracks and some branches to mark the trail. Seemed to be a lot of slush but it was frozen solid. We only crossed it because it was the only way to go. Not recommended.

From there we went past the Happy Wanderers clubhouse and south on the D103B to Baysville.

The trails were very new and not up to the normal standards but there were very little trees in the way and its very early in the season.

Fairly uneventful to the Pav in Baysville where we got incredibly drunk and then passed out for an hour. (Just kidding! Although that is the norm for Saturday night at the Pav for Baysvillians isnt it? :D )

The Canadian Club(Not what you think) was fairly good. The fries a bit undercooked but all in all some decent grub.

Travelling south on the D103 b we saw fresh groomer tracks on the 44 and headed that way. Sadly we came upon a freshly downed grromer drag inbedded in the muck and swamps with obviously a busted hydraulic hose. We turned around and made it down to the Fraserburg road which we though would take us around to the other sied of trail 44.

Well as a good friend of mine said once, " It seemed like a good Idea at the time." 8-)

Trail 44 was not open or even ran at that point. So we hiked over to Bracebridge on Fraserburg road over HWY 11 and then back over to south of the Falls. Ditchbanged over to the Large Gravel pit on the B trail and headed south.

Almost at an end to our adventure we came along and were stopped by the Boys In Blue. Well their lips were blue and with a quick flash of my Bunny Credentials the POPO informed us to go ahead but be aware that the speed limit on the trails was 50km/h..............who knew! :roll:

Back to G-hurst in 15 mins or so and our adventure was over. 95 miles 4 and three quarters of an hour.

Not bad for early season riding. I cant wait for more snow as these trails need them.

Hey UTS,

Sorry we missed you :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

Also sorry we didn't miss those same OPP around B'Bridge. Wow. I've met lot of OPP on the trails but never two more lemon prune lipped than those two.

They should really put officers out on patrol that enjoy the sport :P :P

Also "too bad for you", that you didn't head south on the D trail from G'hurst. It was probably the absolutley very best trail in D7 on Saturday morning !!!!!

SnowCrest Rocks :!:

Wonderful accounts.

Sounds like trails in both areas are 'set'. I found that the bitter cold prevented trails from being mashed. Not a lot of snow, but what snow there is covers the trails nicely.

As for OPP. I wonder if their time would not be better spent 'driving the trails'. Show a presence, but don't make us feel like we're entering a military zone - checkpoint, checkpoint.

Wonderful Trails ! No OPP on this section Saturday.. Better yet, no UTS on this section Saturday :P :P :poke: :poke: :P

P1102029.jpg

I was too busy attacking the fine roadways of Bracebridge! :D

It was D trail you rode from Gravenhurst to Bracebridge and the groomer shed you passed on the East side of Mary Lake is home of Hill and Gully Riders.

I saw those to OPP but the passed me and stopped STG and the rest of the group behind me.

It was D trail you rode from Gravenhurst to Bracebridge and the groomer shed you passed on the East side of Mary Lake is home of Hill and Gully Riders.

I saw those to OPP but the passed me and stopped STG and the rest of the group behind me.

They were likely looking for Niel !

Archived