Honey Harbour to Midland (lake staked?)

Canuck

Please advise once the tree line is staked from Honey Harbour to Midland.

Any advice on the tree line from Midland to Honey Harbour is also appreciated :lol:

Careful NiBS I have a friend that married a teacher and he tells me that if he doesn't do it right the first time she makes him do it all over again. :o (apparently he makes alot of mistakes :wtf: )

Please advise once the tree line is staked from Honey Harbour to Midland.

Any advice on the tree line from Midland to Honey Harbour is also appreciated :lol:

I can let you know Canuck , I'm right at the tree line in Honey harbour near Bayview marina .

There will likely be a post on the Baxter Snowriders forum

Careful NiBS I have a friend that married a teacher and he tells me that if he doesn't do it right the first time she makes him do it all over again. :o (apparently he makes alot of mistakes :wtf: )

I was married to the devil.. A teacher would be refreshing.....

Ice is still iffy , A club member checked the Whites falls Damn at Six Mile and all logs are out so the ice will again rise on your lake , so be advised it will be unstable for quite some time still with slush at the shoreline and Slabs of ice .

Safe riding !

We have not gone on the ice yet. Back roads have sufficient snow for casual sledding, and we made it to the Seguin by trailer Sat. afternoon.

Noticed LOTS of sleds on Six Mile Lake day and night. :shock:

This type of warning (dam/ice rising) is one of the reasons this forum is helpful.

Thanks YC.

VH Hot for Teacher "I don't Feel Tardy???" :lol:

LOL.. I hit on my hot french teacher years after I got out of high school.. She told me to get lost lol.. My one experience with a teacher since I was in high school... Teachers and female cops have never been at the top of my list and I just added lawyers to that list :rotflmao::rotflmao: (No offence John but ya know what I mean lol)..

LOL.. I hit on my hot french teacher years after I got out of high school.. She told me to get lost lol.. My one experience with a teacher since I was in high school... Teachers and female cops have never been at the top of my list and I just added lawyers to that list :rotflmao::rotflmao: (No offence John but ya know what I mean lol)..

I have the same issue with lady cops.....man hater's all of them!!!! :curse:

And never a good idea to party or date someone that can arrest you (or your friends) :rotflmao::woot::woot:

And never a good idea to party or date someone that can arrest you (or your friends) :rotflmao::woot::woot:

Or your ex?

Or your ex?

LOL.. My guess is she is down in Georgia sitting on a hickory stick :rotflmao::rotflmao:

Ice is still iffy , A club member checked the Whites falls Damn at Six Mile and all logs are out so the ice will again rise on your lake , so be advised it will be unstable for quite some time still with slush at the shoreline and Slabs of ice .

Safe riding !

We have not gone on the ice yet. Back roads have sufficient snow for casual sledding, and we made it to the Seguin by trailer Sat. afternoon.

Noticed LOTS of sleds on Six Mile Lake day and night. :shock:

This type of warning (dam/ice rising) is one of the reasons this forum is helpful.

Thanks YC.

Very valuable ! First hand and current news can more often than not be found here - it''s a real benefit thanks to contributors like YukonC and so many others.

Ice cover varies tremendously. The advice we all hear is to check with those that know the conditions and this board is one of the greatest places to check !

The advice we all hear is to check with those that know the conditions...

Or to stay off the ice until the cops have stopped falling through :rotflmao:

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't head onto Georgian Bay last weekend as locals mentioned that ice was 'choppy'. Apparently, some thaw then wind whipped it up good. Ice refroze with jagged edges. That, and minus temps Sat. made us stick to land trails.

Anyone with Georgian Bay info?

It's probably staked - but can anyone confirm?

The tree line is up from Midland coal docks to Honey Harbour and Penetang to B island. Also a tree line from Henry's to Peterson park. You want to be aware of ice breaker track and pressure cracks, though, there has been a few unfortunate sledders taking a trip to the hospital via air ambulance. Stay to the tree line and ur fine. Hats off to the locals marking the lake.

The tree line is up from Midland coal docks to Honey Harbour and Penetang to B island. Also a tree line from Henry's to Peterson park. You want to be aware of ice breaker track and pressure cracks, though, there has been a few unfortunate sledders taking a trip to the hospital via air ambulance. Stay to the tree line and ur fine. Hats off to the locals marking the lake.

Thanks.

We were out yesterday. Lines are exactly as noted above.

With this warm spell, then freezing later this week, it will be one big icy (sharp) mess.

Stick to the stake lines.

Archived