What to Do with Sled that hasn't been ridden this year

MXZMike

56 minutes ago, manotickmike said:

Anyone have the definitive answer on attempting to stabilize crap-e fuel? Happily, my sleds run 87, so the least amount of corn crap, but I've seen what it can do to an injector. 

Maybe run it as dry as the pickup will allow and add the canned E-free stuff from CTC with stabilzer? When I siphon, I'm still at 2 bars on my (Japanese) Yamahas. 

I always ran a tank of E-free in at the end of the season and added Sta-bil with zero issues 2 sleds, 8 years. 

You are having success so keep doing what you are doing. Personally I drain the tank as low as possible add Stabil and run engine for 20 minutes then fog the 2 strokes. Been doing that for over 35 years on all sleds with no fuel or storage related issues so I'll keep doing it.  It's a similar procedure for all my small engines.

2 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

You are having success so keep doing what you are doing. Personally I drain the tank as low as possible add Stabil and run engine for 20 minutes then fog the 2 strokes. Been doing that for over 35 years on all sleds with no fuel or storage related issues so I'll keep doing it.  It's a similar procedure for all my small engines.

I fill the tank in the spring, add seafoam or stabilizer.  Suck the tank empty in the fall, and add fresh fuel.

Was told in college, a full tank condensates on the outside, while an empty tank will condensate on the inside. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, manotickmike said:

Anyone have the definitive answer on attempting to stabilize crap-e fuel? Happily, my sleds run 87, so the least amount of corn crap, but I've seen what it can do to an injector. 

Maybe run it as dry as the pickup will allow and add the canned E-free stuff from CTC with stabilzer? When I siphon, I'm still at 2 bars on my (Japanese) Yamahas. 

I always ran a tank of E-free in at the end of the season and added Sta-bil with zero issues 2 sleds, 8 years. 

87 is worst since it contains most E. I did some testing recently all fuel grades I tested had E, but regular had the highest percentages, which makes sense because it's biggest volume sold. I put 93 in my sled and stabilized it. Contains about 5 percent E. I just start sled once a month and add more fuel as summer goes on or get a pump and pump it out. Not sure yet.