Kirkland Lake

signfan

31 minutes ago, signfan said:

Anyone been riding in this area lately?  If so how are things holding up and how was the grooming?

I'm not riding the area but they do a post on Facebook every day saying which direction the groomer went.

Trail report for March 25, 2023 is sponsored by Auld Reekie Lodge
Husky left Bourkes yesterday and did a 1 way trip South on the A108 and parked at the shop
TM140 did a 1 way trip from the shop in KL to Larder Lake yard via A110Q

Trail report for March 26, 2023 is sponsored by Rolly’s Restaurant and Motel
TM140 left the Larder Lake yard and groomed A110Q to the Quebec border and touched up the East side of A109 on the way back to the yard

Trail report for March 27, 2023 is sponsored by Quality Inn
TM140 left the Larder Lake yard and groomed A110Q to KL and cleaned up some local trails around town before parking at the shop.
  • Like 1

Trail report for March 28, 2023 is sponsored by The Fed
Husky left the shop yesterday and groomed L101 to King Kirkland then continued North on A108 to Bourkes
TM140 headed South on A108 to the Blanche River and cleaned up the West side of the A109 on the way back

I was up there last week until Friday. Trails in Kirkland Lake were perfect, most were recently groomed and still a lot of snow! Trails were quiet and hotels were pretty empty. Can’t go wrong with a ride up there  right now 

Just now, snocrazy said:

I was up there last week until Friday. Trails in Kirkland Lake were perfect, most were recently groomed and still a lot of snow! Trails were quiet and hotels were pretty empty. Can’t go wrong with a ride up there  right now 

021CC2DE-CBE0-4DDC-85F3-B55AF776E0F3.jpeg

38F4B9AA-9004-4449-9C9A-47984C29670E.jpeg

CE27E280-3AE8-4921-A6EA-E8D57F851392.jpeg

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, Paulo said:

Heading up there tomorrow morning for 3 days. I'm told the trails are great and they have lots of snow! Can't wait.

Snowing south of there as I type this - so should be good

• Like 1

Still lots of snow in and around Kirkland Lake area.

Around Englehart and Earlton there was a lot of gravel road   Maybe enough that trail sections should be marked yellow?  The Trails we rode around New Liskeard had not been groomed before Saturdays snow.  It was a good storm.  Looked ungroomed in most areas Sunday on our way home.   

Timmins had good snow.   

Should be good for another week or two in areas if temps hold  

• Like 3