Permit

Big Reg

Well, we had our district meeting last night and we received our 2009 trail permit.

Also we are looking at the district level ways to be more efficient to try to survive. District grooming is what we looking at this time.

The District approach is a good alternative to look at. It has worked pretty well, I believe, in District 7.

Good Luck !

The only issue with district grooming is the inability in some cases of some individuals and clubs to pool together co-operatively and make it work . It is a better idea and can be made to work better if everyone works together and remember that the end goal is good trails that are sustainable.

I am going to "ASSUME" Dbville and Wawa work together nicely as well as Hornepayne. I'm worried about Chapleau, White River, and the Sault.

Having been a part of the STP and central grooming for years I can honestly tell you there is no better way. Will things always go smooth and everyone be happy - no but if you everyone works together it can for the most part be a real step forward. I would neevr want to go back to club grooming.

I am going to "ASSUME" Dbville and Wawa work together nicely as well as Hornepayne. I'm worried about Chapleau, White River, and the Sault.

Dave

here's the club that are members of district 13

Clubname City

ASPA Thessalon / Spragge

Blind River Sno-Riders Blind River

Bruce Mines SnoGlyders Bruce Mines

Dubreuilville Alouettes Dubreuilville

Echo Bay Snow Falcons Echo Bay

Elliot Lake Snowbirds Elliot Lake

Iron Bridge Night Hawks Iron Bridge

Sault Trailblazers Sault Ste Marie

Spanish River Snowmobile Club Spanish

St. Joseph Island Voyageurs St. Joseph Island

Wawa SnoRiders Wawa

our district do work well together and all of us need the other club.

It's in our best interest that no club closed door.

Dave

here's the club that are members of district 13

Clubname City

ASPA Thessalon / Spragge

Blind River Sno-Riders Blind River

Bruce Mines SnoGlyders Bruce Mines

Dubreuilville Alouettes Dubreuilville

Echo Bay Snow Falcons Echo Bay

Elliot Lake Snowbirds Elliot Lake

Iron Bridge Night Hawks Iron Bridge

Sault Trailblazers Sault Ste Marie

Spanish River Snowmobile Club Spanish

St. Joseph Island Voyageurs St. Joseph Island

Wawa SnoRiders Wawa

our district do work well together and all of us need the other club.

It's in our best interest that no club closed door.

Looks like some high trailpermit sellers in the group so $ should be a little better. It's also nice to have "extra" equiptment on hand for unexpected breakdowns happen. What is going to happen with the clubs North and West?

Having been a part of the STP and central grooming for years I can honestly tell you there is no better way. Will things always go smooth and everyone be happy - no but if you everyone works together it can for the most part be a real step forward. I would neevr want to go back to club grooming.

You know NorthBound and Onapings stand on this eh :crazy:

lol Good One Dave.... Yeah, It helps to see that but this Year I'm Not looking forward to Winter, Things are not too good here Right now and With the Added Cost of Winter, High hydro Bills, Heating Fuel, Snow Plowing Cost.......and More....I wish winter would not show up this year....sorry Guys!!!!!!!! lol

I wish winter would not show up this year....sorry Guys!!!!!!!! lol

Burn the Witch :angry::)

(having met you, and learned of the issues facing the logging industry, I certainly hope that things turn around for your community soon. The federal and provincial gov'ts seem to be dumping dollars on Toronto recently (for projects they 'approve'.... and I wish some of it was redirected your way).

(having met you, and learned of the issues facing the logging industry, I certainly hope that things turn around for your community soon. The federal and provincial gov'ts seem to be dumping dollars on Toronto recently (for projects they 'approve'.... and I wish some of it was redirected your way).

Provincially the north will be screwed by the Liberals the north did not vote for them and Dalton bears grudges.

Provincially the north will be screwed by the Liberals the north did not vote for them and Dalton bears grudges.

I was wondering why Jane Street is getting an above ground subway (LRT)... even 'tho not many people want it. At our first neighbourhood meeting, we learned that LRT stops would be 500 metres apart. Give me a break. Who wants to walk 1/2 km for a bus stop. When I looked at the census data on Sledjunk's excellent link, Toronto has a lot of elderly people. And what's wrong with the existing system? "Someone owes someone" a light rail project. At least Bombardier will make a couple billion (Jane and Eglinton).

I was wondering why Jane Street is getting an above ground subway (LRT)...

I used too drive Jane from the 400 to Dundas, I hope it's not this section that's getting a LRT! :crazy:

Are they tring to kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Are the spray paint manufactures hurting also?

I was wondering why Jane Street is getting an above ground subway (LRT)... even 'tho not many people want it. At our first neighbourhood meeting, we learned that LRT stops would be 500 metres apart. Give me a break. Who wants to walk 1/2 km for a bus stop. When I looked at the census data on Sledjunk's excellent link, Toronto has a lot of elderly people. And what's wrong with the existing system? "Someone owes someone" a light rail project. At least Bombardier will make a couple billion (Jane and Eglinton).

How rapid can it be ? stopping every 500 metres ?

You know NorthBound and Onapings stand on this eh :crazy:

Onaping would not change it for the world. Their problem like BDSA is they want a new smaller groomer to get up and running earlier. As for NBS they will never be satisfied. I have been going to meeting for 10 years and they criticize and complain but never come up with a solution. Last year they had this great groomer person that was to show up and take over. We agreed to give him a try - all he had to do was show up and get the training and sign the forms. Problem was he never showed up and when we asked about it the answer was always the same - I 'll call him next week. I'm still waiting. Anything they want to try we are willing to listen to if it makes it better but part of the problem last year for them was thier groomer liasion and the groomer coordinator wouldn't or didn't communicate together except to complain about th other. Actually we spent more money on grooming and groomer related equipment in that area than anywhere else in the area and not by a small margin. I am not saying the operator was the best - far from it - but a little sugar is better than a lot of vinegar and that is all that was being handed out last year by the club and operator to each other. We have far bigger problems this year as two of our best quit due to a club complaining about one of them and giving him a hard time on the trail. Not the place or time.

crap, i yhaught it said Kermit. :wtf:

anyway,

go green (send$ nort

go fast (sno's coming)

go home

safe

or in kermits case buy a permit

gs. wash your hands, you smell like miss piggy

green thingyus rip :ugeek::geek::mrgreen::whatever: :poke: :crazy:

you need snow !

Recieived my first 2009 permit info package (north bay).

Sledding is in the air

:)

Please remember to "buy where you ride"

That's going to get awfully expensive for me ... :oops:

Please remember to "buy where you ride" and do not forget to support the clubs where your cottage is as these trails are always underfunded.

Noted.

Archived