Permit

Big Reg

Of course do not forget the other ways to support your club . Patronize supporting businesses and attend fundraisers they are often great entertainment values . If you do not have a "home" club the Parry Sound Snowmobile District could use the support to help cover their legal costs and fines as the OFSC seems to have abandoned them.

Of course do not forget the other ways to support your club . Patronize supporting businesses and attend fundraisers they are often great entertainment values . If you do not have a "home" club the Parry Sound Snowmobile District could use the support to help cover their legal costs and fines as the OFSC seems to have abandoned them.

I read in the paper that the OFSC has provided $300,000 for bridge repair on the Seguin near Parry Sound.

I read in the paper that the OFSC has provided $300,000 for bridge repair on the Seguin near Parry Sound.

That is true . However when it comes to the defense of the PSSD against the ministry of Labour the OFSC has left the PSSD without . Instead the PSSD has to find over $40,000. dollars to pay.

That is true . However when it comes to the defense of the PSSD against the ministry of Labour the OFSC has left the PSSD without . Instead the PSSD has to find over $40,000. dollars to pay.

Is the club doing any type of fundraising to pay those fees?

I admire your unvarnished support of the Parry Sound club; I was taking exception to your use of the use of the word "abandoned".

A full 10%, if not more, of the entire Sorbara largesse is not exactly abandonment.

I admire your unvarnished support of the Parry Sound club; I was taking exception to your use of the use of the word "abandoned".

A full 10%, if not more, of the entire Sorbara largesse is not exactly abandonment.

Half of that goes to the MSR end of the Seguin although equally important it is not Parry Sound . The Seguin is the one of the busiest trail in all of Ontario and is important to us all.

The District approach is a good alternative to look at. It has worked pretty well, I believe, in District 7.

Good Luck !

The only issue with district grooming is the inability in some cases of some individuals and clubs to pool together co-operatively and make it work . It is a better idea and can be made to work better if everyone works together and remember that the end goal is good trails that are sustainable.

We could use a little more of this in the PSSD. Clubs like Mag do a darn good job with what they have, then the "neighbors" decide to take their ball and go play alone. A break down happens and we get two weeks of ungroomed trails, or more unopened trails.Or more trails closed for lack of interest. If you don't groom it and mark and sign it people won't ride it. If you go play alone no one else can come help you when you need it. I seem to remember Red Green saying something about all of us being in this together!

• 2 weeks later...

Half of that goes to the MSR end of the Seguin although equally important it is not Parry Sound . The Seguin is the one of the busiest trail in all of Ontario and is important to us all.

Did PSSD get eveything (read: dollar amount requested) they asked for - for the work on the Seguin Trail bridges? Didn't PSSD did get a little more $$ than the MSR for the Seguin trail bridge work :?:

Did PSSD get eveything (read: dollar amount requested) they asked for - for the work on the Seguin Trail bridges? Didn't PSSD did get a little more $$ than the MSR for the Seguin trail bridge work :?:

A little more? They got it all.

I agree that a bunch went to the "MSR end of the trail" but it did not go to the MSR. ALL of the money went to District 10. Of all the bridgework money for the Sequin, none went to District 7.

I'm not saying that the Seguin is not busy or not important but I think it needs to be clarified.

Of all the 3 Million Dollars, District 7 (one of the highest traffic Districts) got 10,000 bucks for signage. I hope I'm wrong. Otherwise it's a shame.

I agree that a bunch went to the "MSR end of the trail" but it did not go to the MSR. ALL of the money went to District 10. Of all the bridgework money for the Sequin, none went to District 7.

I'm not saying that the Seguin is not busy or not important but I think it needs to be clarified.

Of all the 3 Million Dollars, District 7 (one of the highest traffic Districts) got 10,000 bucks for signage. I hope I'm wrong. Otherwise it's a shame.

You are wrong 145,000 of the bridge money is through the MSR

I hope so, but not the information I got from the club meeting.

I understood (too) that the MSR received $$ for bridge work on the Seguin.

I wish somebody could verify one way or the other.

Yes they in fact did. :D Verified. Whether they can get the projects completed? I cannot comment.

Yes they in fact did. :D Verified. Whether they can get the projects completed? I cannot comment.

Is there, somewhere, a publication from the OFSC that tells us all which District got how much of the 3 Million bucks and for what purpose?

Otherwise this is just a "I heard"/"He heard" posting. I'd love to show such verification to the members of our Club who have heard that District 7 only got 10 grand. It will stop them from telling club members that and it will stop people like me from repeating what I've heard from the club.

Is there, somewhere, a publication from the OFSC that tells us all which District got how much of the 3 Million bucks and for what purpose?

Otherwise this is just a "I heard"/"He heard" posting. I'd love to show such verification to the members of our Club who have heard that District 7 only got 10 grand. It will stop them from telling club members that and it will stop people like me from repeating what I've heard from the club.

Yes there is. Your (our - yup, I'm in Muskoka :wavey: ) District Governor has the spreadsheet with the break downs. That is the channel to get the information.

Yes there is. Your (our - yup, I'm in Muskoka :wavey: ) District Governor has the spreadsheet with the break downs. That is the channel to get the information.

Kewl ! Thanks !

Checked out my information further and the club will now say that monies are going to D7 specifically earmarked for Seguin bridgework. Quite political when you dig into it.

I stand corrected.

The politics are extreme in snowmobiling !! It drives good folks out of the volenteering . More would volenteer to help if when they got involved it was more team work and less bull. I am not saying that it is all this way but often it does interfere with club growth and development.

I wonder how long these bridges will be safe before they have to be repaired again? seems like every 3 or 4 years they're deemed "unsafe" @ some inopportune time (middle of November) & the clubs are scrambling to get them fixed before the season.

Too bad the original railway bridges weren't in place.

Archived