Best trails out of Timmins

Puggz

Leaving for Timmins this Wednesday and wondering what trails are best in the area.  Were staying at Cedar Meadows and would like to ride out of the resort with the exception of 1 day we could trailer further north if there's someplace worth driving to for great scenery etc.

Thanks in advance!

p

22 minutes ago, Puggz said:

Leaving for Timmins this Wednesday and wondering what trails are best in the area.  Were staying at Cedar Meadows and would like to ride out of the resort with the exception of 1 day we could trailer further north if there's someplace worth driving to for great scenery etc.

Thanks in advance!

p

Haven't been on any bad trails out of Timmins. The C north is flat and fast. C south is a slower ride but nice. The A111C east to Val Gagne or Iroquois Falls  is a nice trail as well.  Check what was groomed last night and ride the same.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Haven't been on any bad trails out of Timmins. The C north is flat and fast. C south is a slower ride but nice. The A111C east to Val Gagne or Iroquois Falls  is a nice trail as well.  Check what was groomed last night and ride the same.

Nice! 3 runs for 3 days. Thank you.  Re grooming status - do I get this from the respective facebook pages?  No groomer status like PQ (yet?)

11 minutes ago, Puggz said:

Nice! 3 runs for 3 days. Thank you.  Re grooming status - do I get this from the respective facebook pages?  No groomer status like PQ (yet?)

Timmins SC is very good about listing grooming status on their F/B page.

I think it's asking too much of the ITG to show grooming status when you consider that you have to screw around with the map to get Iroquois Falls to show up on it.

i liked it way back when clubs would give a little written detail on trails

2 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Be nice to go up c and go to kap or Hearst for the night and come back on A via Cochrane and IQ falls 

Yes it would but more of a guys trip thing for me. My Mrs prefers to stay in one place.  Maybe one day!

L24 will take you through town where you will find gas stations and restaurants. Mike’s (red dot on the map) is my favourite breakfast spot while staying in Timmins. 

0AB68AE2-8508-4666-A4F2-B18B96333241.jpeg

A5FCCC57-E1B6-44F9-BD05-65B0CA7EA1E4.png

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Puggz said:

Yes it would but more of a guys trip thing for me. My Mrs prefers to stay in one place.  Maybe one day!

Gotcha. Another option if you have time is to trailer to foylet and ride c101d to moose horn lodge. If you called a day ahead I am sure they would make you a great lunch 😎. Nice ride, amazing scenery that way. After moose horn trail opens up and I don’t care for it as much.  You can park at general store in foylet. Trail right there and restaurant across street for breakfast too if it’s open. Very friendly town. Owner told me to tell anyone they are welcome to park there anytime for stagging or day trips and he has some bunks above store for emergency use.  
Overall Timmins good stagging area. have a great ride. 

• Like 1